Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Have to say I will not miss custard tarts ewwww...but I will miss....

Ocado

Cheap wine

Shopping, internet shopping, superstores!

BBC dramas (I know you get them in NZ but not on the same scale)

My in-laws

Greggs chicken bake (shhhh)

Just found Clipper tea recently, lovely!

You Brits do good biscuits.

Knowing what time of year it is depending on what TV programme is on i.e we will be jumping on a plane right after Strictly Come dancing ends this year.

Athletics coverage on TV. It's fairly plentiful and I like the coverage and commentary here.

The Millenium Stadium.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Its the subtle balance between crumbly yet ever so slightly moist pastry that peeps temptingly over the
top of the silver foil case, the way the custard, delicately browned, dips in the middle, drawing you in to its golden yellowy centre.
The way the custard wobbles ever so slightly when you put it down or the way the whole thing
squidges up when you take it out of the foil.......i could go on but the drool is clogging up my keyboard

Ooooooo darling, you've made me come over all funny-peculiar like
Old Sep 20th 2012, 4:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Its the subtle balance between crumbly yet ever so slightly moist pastry that peeps temptingly over the top of the silver foil case, the way the custard, delicately browned, dips in the middle, drawing you in to its golden yellowy centre.
The way the custard wobbles ever so slightly when you put it down or the way the whole thing squidges up when you take it out of the foil......
You've taken the words right out of Mr BEVS cakeless gob.

I try my best but it just ain't the same .

These days I find it best to look away when Mr BEVS gets the urge to buy and try yet another version of what passes for a doughnut over here. The sight of a grown man crying breaks the heart.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:17 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
You've taken the words right out of Mr BEVS cakeless gob.

I try my best but it just ain't the same .

These days I find it best to look away when Mr BEVS gets the urge to buy and try yet another version of what passes for a doughnut over here. The sight of a grown man crying breaks the heart.
I miss Humour, fun and interesting people
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:42 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

stotties
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I miss Humour, fun and interesting people
Thats why you come on here.....isn't it ?????
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Why aye man.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:47 am

Thats why you come on here.....isn't it ?????
Yep!!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this, see how the sides are sagging just a little as they strain to contain
the weight of the custard.....nom nom nom
Attached Thumbnails Oh I really miss !!!!!!-egg_custard_tart.jpg  

Last edited by Justcol; Sep 20th 2012 at 5:55 am.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:56 am
`

Look at this, see how the sides are sagging just a little as they strain to contain
Ratbag
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:00 am
`

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
stotties
are stoical?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:38 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
are stoical?
Stottie
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of

Stop it now
Old Sep 20th 2012, 9:02 am

Custard tarts!!! Disgusting
Old Sep 20th 2012, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

What's the matter with the doughnuts over there? Krispy Kreme aside, doughtnuts are awful back here. Espcially the supermarket branded ones, you can practually see them going stale form the moment you open the packet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.