Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oh I really miss !!!!!!

Originally Posted by BEVS
Nope. We miss this also.

and me too, We took the right to roam for granted back home, seeing all the surrounding land here in NZ and knowing you can't explore is a crying shame, makes it even harder if you are a dog owner
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Someone mentioned ice-cream and wafer on another thread and now all I can think of are Oyster Shells with Nuts and Sauce.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Chalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mazandben
and me too, We took the right to roam for granted back home, seeing all the surrounding land here in NZ and knowing you can't explore is a crying shame, makes it even harder if you are a dog owner
Ditto!! Miss the availability of country walks without the threat of my dogs swallowing 1080
Miss central heating, double glazing, affordable fruit and veg, (I just paid nearly 4 dollars for two tomatoes )
Not having that 'delay' when you have a conversation with someone, having a conversation with someone, being able to take the p*ss out of someone 'for a laugh' during a conversation.
Being able to go and see bands (without taking out a mortgage to do so...)
Having savings.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Well you did ask, today I have mostly been thinking about rivers, canals, barges, towpaths, locks, quaint old bridges and lovely riverside pubs.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Chalkygirl
.......being able to take the p*ss out of someone 'for a laugh' during a conversation.
I totally get you!

Another thing I miss is lunch, work lunches, proper lunches where you actually leave the friggin office with your friends and colleagues and go out and BUY some lunch to take-away or heaven forbid actually go somewhere sit down and eat lunch and talk to people. There has to be some benefits to being out at work all day, surely, something to look forward to at the middle of the day besides leftover dinner from the day before. How sad!
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vikkichic
Radio 4 .... omg do I miss it. Sometimes I log in for the skeleton watch but it's not the same.
Try Radio NZ National for a poor man's version. Helped keep me sane.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I totally get you!

Another thing I miss is lunch, work lunches, proper lunches where you actually leave the friggin office with your friends and colleagues and go out and BUY some lunch to take-away or heaven forbid actually go somewhere sit down and eat lunch and talk to people. There has to be some benefits to being out at work all day, surely, something to look forward to at the middle of the day besides leftover dinner from the day before. How sad!

My Life! Not that it was anything fancy in England, but feels like it has been on hold since we arrived.
Wrapping christmas presents with the christmas lights on in the day snuggled in my warm house.
So Im off, will be back in time for my first winter christmas in 6 years. I tried, time to start living again. Im not at retirement age yet.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:08 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

+1
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You know what I miss at the moment. A decent sized scallop !
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Am still hankering after a custard tart
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Muller corners - any flavour - nothing like them here.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate eclairs made with real cream that isn't oversweetened
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
I miss Muller corners - any flavour - nothing like them here.
Ahh yes...cherry Muller corners...sigh
Old Sep 18th 2012, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisamct
Ahh yes...cherry Muller corners...sigh
Cherry were yum!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Justcol
Am still hankering after a custard tart
Custard tart...... YUM!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.