Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nice life UK. - posts moved from the picture thread Nice Life NZ

Nice life UK. - posts moved from the picture thread Nice Life NZ

Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice life UK. - posts moved from the picture thread Nice Life NZ

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Is this an "lets all say how good the UK is", not just England, the UK does actually have 4 countries !!!!!!!!! I was born bred and brought up in Scotland and while it does have some amazing scenery I still think NZ tops is, just take the drive to Akaroa once you climb the hill ............ the views are amazing.

You cant even come close to comparing the UK to NZ, yes most major cities have their problems but the UK is plagued by them, I think most of these posts are from people with rose tinted glasses on thinking of the good points in the UK ........... Im sorry but the UK is a cess pit and will continue to sink in its own self made mess.

Read the papers, murders rarely make front page news now, rapes might get a small section on the front if it is a particularly bad one but other than that these types of stories are al to often lost in the rest of the stories.

I am in chch, which is almost entirely litter free, rarely do you see anybody dropping litter, graffiti is almost non existent as well.

Really who cares what land you can "ramble" over, trust me try walking on lots of farms in Scotland and you are likely to get a salt shot up the backside !!!!!!

Sorry my rants' over, having a bad Monday so far

Firstly in response to one of the earlier posters, litter is just as common a problem in NZ, it's just there's less people so probably less noticeable - but take a cycle down most country land in NZ and you'll find the roadside littered with rubbish thrown from cars.

Graffiti in Auckland's probably worse than I recall back home too.

...Im sorry but the UK is a cess pit and will continue to sink in its own self made mess.
sorry that's just garbage and way too much of a generalisation.

I'd agree with OP's post regarding access to the general countryside in the UK, it is indeed much more open.

To say it's because farming isn't a business in the UK and this is the reason for the wider access is wrong too. Footpaths and bridleways go back centuries to when agriculture was much more important than it is now.

I don't think access to the countryside in NZ should be a big problem to farming either so long as it was probably managed.

Really who cares what land you can "ramble" over, trust me try walking on lots of farms in Scotland and you are likely to get a salt shot up the backside !!!!!!
well I had no such problems