New Zealand Expo

Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:56 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand Expo

As I said in one of the threads Matewx highlighted..

If you are going to an Expo for job hunting then before attending an EXPO (even round the corner) I would;

- contact the organisiers and ask for a list of confirmed atendees;
- check said compaines web sites or contact them diretcly and ask what vacancies there are.
- ask the companies that they are still coming,
- start the process by sending a CV to them. It shows planning and initiative and saves the employers time as they can schedule time with you if they are interested.
- try and arrange itnerviews around the time of the Expo

For basic information frankly I wouldn't bother going. What are they going to say that you can't get from a web site, forum or phone call? After all they aren't going to say ..."NZ is horrible" now are they?

The only thing they could offer is something like a knowledgable speaker who could directly answer questions. Just handing out info packs is a waste of everyones time and money.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
Paul Goddard does not work for new life new Zealand as of last Friday. I would not touch that company with a barge pool. We got rid of them.
Hi there,

l read the thread with the hopes of finding an expo to go to and came accross the above comments that you made....
WOW l'm gobsmacked....so glad you stated what you did...OH and l were thinking of them for information on EOI etc...crikey what a lucky escape...am so sorry you lost some of your cash to these people...but again thank you for sharing with us ...
xElainex
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:30 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Couldn't agree more with Matewx - did the Opportunites New Zealand Expo last year and all it did was use several hours of my life that I won't get back. Acheived absolutely nothing that a couple of hours on t'internet and maybe a phone call or two wouldn't have done much better. Save your money for something more productive - say a couple of new needles so you can try and knit fog.

Strangely enough we also saw Hays, who - despite us even popping to Auckland to say 'hello' - haven't exactly been going out of their way to keep us up to date on things. That said, I get the feeling from most agencies that until you have a visa in your passport then you aren't going to be a quick buck any time soon and are therefore best left well alone.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SweetyStacey
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows when the next NZ expo with paul goddard is?

I heard there was one in glasgow area in July?

Stacey
I did an Expo in Edinburgh before we came over a couple of years ago, some contacts for jobs and houses but best part was getting to speak to NZIS in person and get good info from them
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Location: Manchester-Auckland-Anglesey- soon to be Manchester. yay.
sue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nice

hi , we did it through TEG theres one based in chester, went to see them last june and all we have to do now is send our passports to be stamped,the process for us was very quick and its worth paying someone who knows what their doing.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Location: Manchester-Auckland-Anglesey- soon to be Manchester. yay.
sue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SweetyStacey
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows when the next NZ expo with paul goddard is?

I heard there was one in glasgow area in July?

Stacey
hi we did it through TEG (one based in chester) started the process last june and we were given the go ahead two weeks ago, very quick.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:28 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: New Zealand Expo

Originally Posted by sue1234
hi , we did it through TEG theres one based in chester, went to see them last june and all we have to do now is send our passports to be stamped,the process for us was very quick and its worth paying someone who knows what their doing.
How much pray tell (if you donĀ“t mind), some here are quoted 4000GBP and even 6000GBP which seems ridiculous....