British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   New Zealand Expo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/new-zealand-expo-653257/)

SweetyStacey Feb 5th 2010 7:12 pm

New Zealand Expo

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows when the next NZ expo with paul goddard is?

I heard there was one in glasgow area in July?

Stacey

AngelaandJim Feb 5th 2010 7:40 pm

Re: New Zealand Expo

Paul Goddard does not work for new life new Zealand as of last Friday. I would not touch that company with a barge pool. We got rid of them.

Dewb09 Feb 6th 2010 9:47 am

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim (Post 8315674)
Paul Goddard does not work for new life new Zealand as of last Friday. I would not touch that company with a barge pool. We got rid of them.

OH :eek: I thought that was his company that he started up :confused:

What went wrong?

Dewb

AngelaandJim Feb 6th 2010 10:05 am

Hey Dewb

it's not his company he just worked there there is only one admin girl left. The woman that owns it doesn't have a clue what's going on. She tried to withold our documents till we threatened her with the IAA also tried to force us into signing a letter so we couldn't take it any further had to fight to get our money back we lost 50% but one of the girls who worked there started up on her own & now deals with our case she is fantastic. Paul is a great guy who marketed that company & got it where it is now then got booted out!!

Dewb09 Feb 6th 2010 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim (Post 8317187)
Hey Dewb

it's not his company he just worked there there is only one admin girl left. The woman that owns it doesn't have a clue what's going on. She tried to withold our documents till we threatened her with the IAA also tried to force us into signing a letter so we couldn't take it any further had to fight to get our money back we lost 50% but one of the girls who worked there started up on her own & now deals with our case she is fantastic. Paul is a great guy who marketed that company & got it where it is now then got booted out!!

:eek: thanks, what a horrid time you had with them :thumbdown: glad things are going better for you.

Oh and :fingerscrossed: for some lovely sun on Tuesday for you :wub:

Dewb

AngelaandJim Feb 6th 2010 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8317774)
:eek: thanks, what a horrid time you had with them :thumbdown: glad things are going better for you.

Oh and :fingerscrossed: for some lovely sun on Tuesday for you :wub:

Dewb

lol what am i doing on tuesday ?

Dewb09 Feb 6th 2010 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim (Post 8317817)
lol what am i doing on tuesday ?

:ohmy::o was thinking of Jan & Neil but hey hope the sun shines for you as well on Tuesday :eek: and MOnday come to that :rofl:

Dewbxx

AngelaandJim Feb 6th 2010 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8318264)
:ohmy::o was thinking of Jan & Neil but hey hope the sun shines for you as well on Tuesday :eek: and MOnday come to that :rofl:

Dewbxx

pmsl sun won't be shining on tues i've got a 2hr appointment at the dentist :eek: hope mon brings you an offer and tues an even better one :thumbsup:

Angela x

Dewb09 Feb 7th 2010 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim (Post 8318305)
pmsl sun won't be shining on tues i've got a 2hr appointment at the dentist :eek: hope mon brings you an offer and tues an even better one :thumbsup:

Angela x

:rofl::rofl: your a star thank you

Dewb xx

BEVS Feb 7th 2010 8:49 pm

There is an Opportunity NZ ( click the link ) expo in Manchester in March.

Stormer999 Feb 8th 2010 8:17 am

Been to 'The Emigration Group' seminar and found it fairly instructive. Me thinks you should find a link somewhere on BE site.:thumbup: See if Bevs can help!

Matewx Feb 8th 2010 9:14 am

I would not waste time & money on this New Zealand Expo...

We went to the one in B'ham round about this time last year (maybe April/May) and it was cr*p n small... We talked with Hays who was saying he'd have so many interviews on arrival etc... They have not done anything for him!

It has not brought us anything as of today OH is still job hunting...

Yes Yes Yes... We came at the wrong time etc...

bdclayton Feb 8th 2010 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 8322375)
I would not waste time & money on this New Zealand Expo...

We went to the one in B'ham round about this time last year (maybe April/May) and it was cr*p n small... We talked with Hays who was saying he'd have so many interviews on arrival etc... They have not done anything for him!

It has not brought us anything as of today OH is still job hunting...

Yes Yes Yes... We came at the wrong time etc...

I agree with you I had a very similar experience with the expos
a waste of time and money
lots of promises but no jobs
:thumbdown:

DavenHelen Feb 8th 2010 7:42 pm

I think it really depends what people are expecting to get from the expo.
We went to one in Manchester in October not looking for job offers but for more info on the whole immigration process & moving to New Zealand.

Had a good chat with lots of different people including representitives from NZ immigration who was great and convinced us that we could do the EOI / ITA applications ourselves without using an expensive immagration agent.

We also had chat with various financial, relocation & estate agents who were able to answer our questions.

No promises of jobs but we did not expect them.

Matewx Feb 8th 2010 7:51 pm

Perhaps have a read here or here

They relate to the Birmingham Expo last year... It was a general consent...