IRD number

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of
Default IRD number

I am sorry - I couldn't find this anywhere , and I am sure it must have been asked before

I have the form to apply for an IRD number, but it says I have to get my ID verified in a NZ AA or PostShop

If I just post it over to inland revenue with my photocopies, will they accept it?

Will they accept a verifier from the UK, or do I just wait until I get into NZ.

I was hoping to get this all done, as the payroll people want an IRD no.

thanks
Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IRD number

Originally Posted by mudblood21 View Post
I am sorry - I couldn't find this anywhere , and I am sure it must have been asked before

I have the form to apply for an IRD number, but it says I have to get my ID verified in a NZ AA or PostShop

If I just post it over to inland revenue with my photocopies, will they accept it?

Will they accept a verifier from the UK, or do I just wait until I get into NZ.

I was hoping to get this all done, as the payroll people want an IRD no.

thanks

You cant get an IRD number until you are physically in the country.
Then you take all your relevant documents to the AA or PostShop, they check them, stamp your form and send them off for you.
Takes about 10 days. HTH.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I got ours long before we moved here and applied from the UK and I guess I must have sent UK certified copies, because that's all we would have had. But it is different now in that you can take the forms in person to a Post office or AA Centre for verification.

I am sure your employer can wait until you get to NZ as they only need it to pay you (presumably they won't pay you until you have worked a week or two) and usually you can get an IRD number in a few days. Worst case is they will take you at the wrong rate and this will soon be fixed once you get the number.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Mar 4th 2010 at 8:23 am.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:23 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We took the forms and ID into the tax office in person when we arrived in NZ. They telephoned us with the numbers - it was either that afternoon or next morning, can't remember which now, but was very quick! And we then recieved confirmation in the post a few days later.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

We too weren't allowed to apply for our IRD number until we were actually in the country, but we did go to the local AA office. When we submitted the forms we said it was urgent and if it could be rused through, we paid $10 for this but the IRD was phoned through to us the very next morning.

Sweet as!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 7:36 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teebrown View Post
We too weren't allowed to apply for our IRD number until we were actually in the country, but we did go to the local AA office. When we submitted the forms we said it was urgent and if it could be rused through, we paid $10 for this but the IRD was phoned through to us the very next morning.

Sweet as!
Wasn't $10 wasted for nothing??

I had to wait for mine for 5days and yes it meant payroll had to delay my payment to the next run... But it is feasible...

The last thing u need when u get to a new country etc is to worry about a stupid IRD number! However it seems that many employers (mine included) want it on day1!!! Which is plain silly!!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi guys

Where did u get the forms from? Is it a case of printingthem off the internet? or should I be asking them to post them to me?

Thanks in advance

HH
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:48 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon your payroll dpt will have them for you...

Otherwise am sure you can download from the net...

OR am sure somewhere in one of my emails, I have it...

Like I said before, am sure you have more important things to worry about if you're organizing your move down under...