moving

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

pauliz will become famous soon enoughpauliz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: moving

Hi Scharlonie,

I have to hang in as I cant go anywhere else , Immigration have our passports.:curse:
It was always drummed into me,"never let your passporst out of your sight" Guess this must be a test to see who has nevers of steel??
Liz
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

pauliz will become famous soon enoughpauliz will become famous soon enough

I meant to say "nerves of steel" but my fingers are doing the talking this morning and not doing a very good job.
Liz
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Just in case theres any confusion....

AirNZ do allow TWO bags person passenger (that includes children) with each bag at 23kg (total 46kg) but thats ONLY on the LAX flight. If you go via HongKong its just one bag and max 20kg.

While they state a 23kg per bag limit its actually the case that an individual bag can be up to 32Kg so long as the second bag does not take the passenger over the 46kg limit. Might make your packing a little easier.

We took almost the full 4x46kg and 4x7kg (hand luggage).....212kg

I weighed what we wanted to take numerous time in the house on two different scales and everytime we were 7kgs over weight on the cases so i was intending to pay the quoted £50 charge. I thought be up front about it at the airport was the way to go and told the girl at the desk we were over weight and i was happy to pay etc..

The check in girl asked if we were emigrating, weighed the bags and we came in at 2kgs under the weight limit (9kgs less than i weighed them at)

I'm convinced she just let us get on with the slight overweight because we just friendly to her and upfront with the issue on a day when they seemed to be having a stressful afternoon.

I never ever plan to carry that much stuff again especially with two young kids in tow..... 7 bags/cases for the hold, golf clubs travel bag (packed out with all sorts..) 4 full hand luggage bags, a crash hat.. and of course the wife still had to have a handbag.

Last edited by teambwr47; Aug 28th 2007 at 12:09 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:05 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Just in case theres any confusion....

AirNZ do allow TWO bags person passenger (that includes children) with each bag at 23kg (total 46kg) but thats ONLY on the LAX flight. If you go via HongKong its just one bag and max 20kg.

While they state a 23kg per bag limit its actually the case that an individual bag can be up to 32Kg so long as the second bag does not take the passenger over the 46kg limit. Might make your packing a little easier.

We took almost the full 4x46kg and 4x7kg (hand luggage).....212kg

I weighed what we wanted to take numerous time in the house on two different scales and everytime we were 7kgs over weight on the cases so i was intending to pay the quoted £50 charge. I thought be up front about it at the airport was the way to go and told the girl at the desk we were over weight and i was happy to pay etc..

The check in girl asked if we were emigrating, weighed the bags and we came in at 2kgs under the weight limit (9kgs less than i weighed them at)

I'm convinced she just let us get on with the slight overweight because we just friendly to her and upfront with the issue on a day when they seemed to be having a stressful afternoon.

I never ever plan to carry that much stuff again especially with two young kids in tow..... 7 bags/cases for the hold, golf clubs travel bag (packed out with all sorts..) 4 full hand luggage bags, a crash hat.. and of course the wife still had to have a handbag.
We did the same and I've lost count of the amount of times I've posted about the baggage allowance!

Only thing I'd add is there is a limit to the size of suitcase - can't remember off the top of my head what it is but it'll be on the AirNZ website and paperwork.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
We did the same and I've lost count of the amount of times I've posted about the baggage allowance!

Only thing I'd add is there is a limit to the size of suitcase - can't remember off the top of my head what it is but it'll be on the AirNZ website and paperwork.
32 kgs is the limit per item - its international, and its for Health and Safety reasons. They can refuse to carry any one item over that weight, even if your total allowance is higher
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:01 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I didn't word my comment very well at all. What I was trying to say was that although the maximum allowed in one suitcase might be 32kg there is also a limit on the physical size of the suitcase, so that no-one gets caught out on by getting one of those super-sized suitcases and fills it to 32kg. Sorry, for any confusion.