Reload this Page >

Meet up in Welly..?

Meet up in Welly..?

Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:47 am
Just Joined

samson73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meet up in Welly..?

Hey all,

We are a couple that recently moved from London to Welly.. well ok, not that recently, as it was mid-June! To be honest though, we've been in hibernation mode when not working as we've gone through our second long dark winter of 2008

Anyhow, as the days get longer, and the sun comes out to play, we're keen to get out and about to meet some newbies and not so newbies to NZ, to share some stories, and make some new friends along the way.

I reckon this forum's a good place to start, so what say you fellow expat Wellingtonians. Fancy a meet and greet some time soon?

Let us know, and we'll fix up a time, date and venue that suits.

Hear from you soon,

Rob & Mich
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet up in Welly..?

Originally Posted by samson73
Hey all,

We are a couple that recently moved from London to Welly.. well ok, not that recently, as it was mid-June! To be honest though, we've been in hibernation mode when not working as we've gone through our second long dark winter of 2008

Anyhow, as the days get longer, and the sun comes out to play, we're keen to get out and about to meet some newbies and not so newbies to NZ, to share some stories, and make some new friends along the way.

I reckon this forum's a good place to start, so what say you fellow expat Wellingtonians. Fancy a meet and greet some time soon?

Hear from you soon,

Rob & Mich
Bloody good idea!! how about Bowling for Catkin's (Heather's) Birthday?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Meet up in Welly..?

ok great, sounds good to us! Haven't been bowling for a while. When is the birthday??
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

ok great, sounds good to us! Haven't been bowling for a while. When is the birthday??
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553924

Have a look here, though it's postponed for the mo...
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:42 am
sjb
Just Joined

sjb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

Hear from you soon,

Rob & Mich

Ditto! We've been here since May and have been doing the same! From Nottingham to Brooklyn. Would love to meet up for a drink - any suggestions?

Sarah & Simon
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:23 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there.

I'm new to this site and new to Wellington. My wife Susanne (her name on this site is Klicker) has been posting quite a lot and has got a lot of information.

Anyway I arrived on Saturday morning (23rd august) and will basically be here on my own till the familly joins me in June next year (only 291 days and counting)

So of course I would LOVE to meet up with anyone who can give me advise for just about everything.

I am living at the moment in a serviced appartment on Boulcott Street, and start work tomorrow in an offcie above the librabry on Victoria.

I have limited access to broadband as the appartment doesn't have any and I don'r know if work will let me use theirs but please do post a reply and I'll get back to you all.

Thanks

Jan
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

hia, can't imagine what it would be like to be separated from hubby and kids and in a new country. I recon we should all meet up for coffee at the top of the cable car sunday so you can meet everyone we'll be free in the pm so let us know what time etc. look forward to meeting you, stasia.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

ok, how about a meet up this sunday at 12pm at the cafe at the top of the cable car?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:59 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Great ...I'll be the lost looking guy.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Bloody good idea!! Perhaps Jan we can sort out meeting for a drink then?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:46 am
Cow on the Beach

Brill! at which time you can give me tips as to which of "The Reds" players should be in my Fantasy Footy team (well I have to keep some Brit pastimes)

See you at 12:00 Sunday
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

marvellous!

we took our first break out of the city this past weekend to go boarding at ruapehu, and return to find the meet up plans are sorted. nice one

good to see there's a few others who have been in a similar newbie hibernating state too over the past few months, and others that have simply been hibernating!

not sure how we'll distinguish each other, but we'll be there on sunday at 12pm.

Rob & Michelle
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:17 am
sjb
Just Joined

sjb is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good to us, we will be there

Sarah & Simon
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

great, looking forward to it, i'll get loz to wear his bright yellow hurricanes top so you'll recognise us!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:59 am
Cow on the Beach

Hi there,

well I so happy that people can come on Sunday....it's just the sort of welcome I had hoped for...thanks to you all in advance.

To recogise me - well i haven't got a rian jacket (big mistake given the last 4 days) so I'll be wearing a beige coloured jacket. I'll look for the yellow coats.

See you on Sunday

Jan

PS Thanks to stasia for suggesting and organising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.