Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Marriage certs. Foriegn

Marriage certs. Foriegn

Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:15 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage certs. Foriegn

Originally Posted by Danemad
No, don´t use Babelfish! As someone who speaks another language fluently (Spanish) and has used it for a laugh to see what comes up, I can tell you that you would get more sense out of a 2 yr old!

Because an online translation will have to take each word individually and translate it in it´s widest given meaning and that may not fit in with the whole meaning of the sentence. Eg. From Spanish to English you can say "don´t play that flute in here" and it will come back as "don´t play (as in play with a toy) that flute in here" as we use the same word for both meanings, but if you do the same sentence from English to Spanish, because they use the word "tocar" to mean to touch and to play (an instrument) you have the same ridiculous translation the other way around. And that is just one word! Imagine doing a text from one language to another with many words which have dual meanings!

For individual words you are better off with the dictionary, otherwise I would use a translator!

Just trying to help!
I was only saying it in a tongue in cheek kind of way , I know babble fish throws out a lot of nonsense lol