The KIWI BAR

Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi Bar

Originally Posted by poppets
no not really , john lewis has everything & was local to us, monsoon , treat yourself once in a while, forgot waitrose but our local wasn't good but did do hubbys favourite bread , Warburtons , bugger should have put that on the list, i'm in trouble now , oh well another

Jesus woman,you're supposed to ask for stuff that actually fits in a box-can't you take a hint!! Beer!!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Jesus woman,you're supposed to ask for stuff that actually fits in a box-can't you take a hint!! Beer!!

i'm a woman & have no idea of size, good god man did you not know that,anyway don't you just get a bigger box! if you could squeeze in some Warburtons for hubs he'd be really pleased
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

i'm a woman & have no idea of size, good god man did you not know that,anyway don't you just get a bigger box! if you could squeeze in some Warburtons for hubs he'd be really pleased

Loads of different types-which one,and what about you and the kids?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

well said that woman!

I forgot about bread too, I used to like hovis. Oh, just remembered, there isn't a great deal I miss in the food line apart from bacon!!!
Can I add half a pig to my box dan? and a butcher that knows his bacon??
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of different types-which one,and what about you and the kids?
jesus i can't remember now, hang on i'll look at the website, toastie was his fav, seeded batch was another, oh they do mango & cranberry loaf umm sounds yum. ok now i'm hungary
the kids need ------ cough medicine, tiyxlix(sp) or benalyn - & ELC

i need ...............sanity..................... a 35cm wok , i will find one here i will, I WILL, & the rest of my list he he he

what do you intend on bringing with you dan dan my fine man
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
well said that woman!

I forgot about bread too, I used to like hovis. Oh, just remembered, there isn't a great deal I miss in the food line apart from bacon!!!
Can I add half a pig to my box dan? and a butcher that knows his bacon??
Hell yeah-do the pigs in big-bacon,pork,sausages,crackling,gammon,trotters,-them buggers get seriously eaten! You can't get decent bacon anywhere else,but who cares!!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

If you two could have,say,10 items in a box,that you miss,what would you have?
Just walked The Beautiful Bruno along Ngaio Gorge - plenty of stick throwing into the stream - swimming really wears him out - stopped off at supermarket to buy avocado for supper - on special at $1.40 each! - 200g hot smoked salmon also on special at $6.99- supper sorted! So time for a quick drink - glass of chardonnay will go down a treat - fresh NZ walnuts in season - I'll have a bowl of those - just happen to have my nifty little walnut opener thingy!

Not sure I've got 10 things I miss about the UK : I might be 10 years out of date with some of these!

1. Being able to watch Wimbledon live during the day.

2. Being able to watch four, now five, nations rugby live during the day.

3. The Sunday Times and Newsnight with Jeremy Paxton - but in general, quality current affairs

4. Being able to watch Eastenders without some bright spark from the UK telling me the plot line because NZ is 6 months behind the UK.

5. Cold Christmases - tinsel looks really tacky in bright sunlight and 80 degrees of heat.

6. Bakewell Tart - not the proper one like I bought in Bakewell, Derbys, which was an incredible disappointment, or the Mr Kipling versions, but the one the size of a dinner plate with crumbly pastry, jam, almond sponge and a layer of icing the size of a doorstep that I used to buy in a local bakers in Aylesbury!

7. The smell of Buckinghamshire bluebell woods in spring.

8. The spring ritual of picking catkins, pussy willow and sticky buds.

9. Tobogganing, making snowmen and not being able to get out of the village because of snowdrifts.

10. Proper antique shops - NZ only goes back just over 150 years, so most "antique" shops are more like "bric-a-brac" shops - I realised when we shipped our furniture that my grandfather clock, which is the sound of my childhood, is the same age as Wellington!

Well... got to 10 things I miss - still don't ever want to go back!!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Just walked The Beautiful Bruno along Ngaio Gorge - plenty of stick throwing into the stream - swimming really wears him out - stopped off at supermarket to buy avocado for supper - on special at $1.40 each! - 200g hot smoked salmon also on special at $6.99- supper sorted! So time for a quick drink - glass of chardonnay will go down a treat - fresh NZ walnuts in season - I'll have a bowl of those - just happen to have my nifty little walnut opener thingy!

Not sure I've got 10 things I miss about the UK : I might be 10 years out of date with some of these!

1. Being able to watch Wimbledon live during the day.

2. Being able to watch four, now five, nations rugby live during the day.

3. The Sunday Times and Newsnight with Jeremy Paxton - but in general, quality current affairs

4. Being able to watch Eastenders without some bright spark from the UK telling me the plot line because NZ is 6 months behind the UK.

5. Cold Christmases - tinsel looks really tacky in bright sunlight and 80 degrees of heat.

6. Bakewell Tart - not the proper one like I bought in Bakewell, Derbys, which was an incredible disappointment, or the Mr Kipling versions, but the one the size of a dinner plate with crumbly pastry, jam, almond sponge and a layer of icing the size of a doorstep that I used to buy in a local bakers in Aylesbury!

7. The smell of Buckinghamshire bluebell woods in spring.

8. The spring ritual of picking catkins, pussy willow and sticky buds.

9. Tobogganing, making snowmen and not being able to get out of the village because of snowdrifts.

10. Proper antique shops - NZ only goes back just over 150 years, so most "antique" shops are more like "bric-a-brac" shops - I realised when we shipped our furniture that my grandfather clock, which is the sound of my childhood, is the same age as Wellington!

Well... got to 10 things I miss - still don't ever want to go back!!
hi cottage, maybe i'll make you a bakewell for the welly met up, can't promise it'll be like th eone you describe though
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hell yeah-do the pigs in big-bacon,pork,sausages,crackling,gammon,trotters,-them buggers get seriously eaten! You can't get decent bacon anywhere else,but who cares!!

No I dont want the trotters, snout, um, private piggy parts, or anything that makes it look like it used to be an animal.
Having said that, a mate of mine had a pig roast at her wedding a couple of years ago, man that was heaven. The smell of it was making me dribble Homer stylee, and if i didn't have the manners that were drummed into me as a kid (thank god) I would have plonked myself next to it with me knife and fork and ate the bloody lot, stabbing at anyone who came near. Instead i had my fair share and got hopelessly drunk as is expected at a wedding.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
No I dont want the trotters, snout, um, private piggy parts, or anything that makes it look like it used to be an animal.
Having said that, a mate of mine had a pig roast at her wedding a couple of years ago, man that was heaven. The smell of it was making me dribble Homer stylee, and if i didn't have the manners that were drummed into me as a kid (thank god) I would have plonked myself next to it with me knife and fork and ate the bloody lot, stabbing at anyone who came near. Instead i had my fair share and got hopelessly drunk as is expected at a wedding.

you sound like someone esle i know ...........................................me
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

ooo I know the comic The sun

dont you just miss the trashy newspapers

note to danny I know you probably dont read the sun but then the daily mirror for you
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kwprwn
ooo I know the comic The sun

dont you just miss the trashy newspapers

note to danny I know you probably dont read the sun but then the daily mirror for you
Is right-that rag is scum-pure scum-but I'll read it if someone else buys it-don't want to be rude!! The Mirror is soooo boring. I find the Daily Sport to be the most factually reliable-storylines and professionally written reviews. And the photography is utterly super!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is right-that rag is scum-pure scum-but I'll read it if someone else buys it-don't want to be rude!! The Mirror is soooo boring. I find the Daily Sport to be the most factually reliable-storylines and professionally written reviews. And the photography is utterly super!
why am i not surprised
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

hi cottage, maybe i'll make you a bakewell for the welly met up, can't promise it'll be like th eone you describe though
You're on, Poppets! If you're looking for a 35cm wok - have you been to Moore Wilsons cash&carry in Wellington - know they've just opened a Moore Wilson Fresh in Porirua, but you need the c&c - when I first arrived bought most of my kitchen things from there.

I've bought Monsoon in Wellington - will try to remember where!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

you sound like someone esle i know ...........................................me

hope that's a good thing!!
cottageinthesky has made me hungry with the salmon and avo talk. Going shopping after work, might have to get something special for tea tonight.
Half an hour before home time. Well, shopping then home then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.