The KIWI BAR

Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:32 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The KIWI BAR

Originally Posted by BEVS
Cheers beers

I'm gonna have a further , more hardline, go at forcing the council to do something but ultimately I think we will move away. Husband has had a gutsful.

I think we need to round up our Woodpigeon. I've not seen her around for a few days She may have fallen off her perch .

Here's to the rain and flooding stopping soon for Queensland
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:51 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a swapsie.

I came across a whole stand full of Baileys at the supermarket on special offer.

Cheap at the price so I grabbed 2 bottles, paid and got home.

Only when I was unpacking the bags did I see the dreaded words "Baileys with a hint of COFFEE."

I just cannot stomach coffee so I've got 2 bottles of Bailey's Coffee going free.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yuk ! You have my profound sympathy.

The Australian news is simply awful. My heart goes out to all those there.

I started a wee poll to find out how much we travel around BE and the result seems to be that we don't - at all - unless we want to hack ourselves off in the MBTTUK forum
I think I need me bucket and a couple of straws.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:24 pm

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we need to round up our Woodpigeon. I've not seen her around for a few days She may have fallen off her perch .
I is here

But you're almost right about falling off my perch BEVS Took a tumble down a bank at the weekend whilst gardening, and been a bit incapacitated since Daughter arriving home tomorrow, so will give full story and catch up on all the goss sometime in the next few days, hopefully
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:26 pm
`

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
I is here

But you're almost right about falling off my perch BEVS Took a tumble down a bank at the weekend whilst gardening, and been a bit incapacitated since

Daughter arriving home tomorrow, so will give full story and catch up on all the goss sometime in the next few days, hopefully
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers beers

I'm gonna have a further , more hardline, go at forcing the council to do something but ultimately I think we will move away. Husband has had a gutsful.

Here's to the rain and flooding stopping soon for Queensland
Have a bucket full on me I really really feel for you think moving away is probably your best option now life is too short to be so stressed out all the time you don't deserve to have to live like that no-one does take care

P.S Dito the Queensland situation
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:24 pm

Quick update whilst the house is quiet and I'm physically able to use the computer!

But you're almost right about falling off my perch BEVS Took a tumble down a bank at the weekend whilst gardening, and been a bit incapacitated since
Was out clearing a steep bank when I lost my footing and slid down it agrevating old back, knee, ankle and wrist injuries, made the aquaintence of a gorse bush, and got stabbed in the eyeball by a twig The eye thing has been the worst, cos I have been unable to focus on anything for long periods of time (e.g. the computer screen). The back meant I couldn't sit in the same position for more than half an hour before seizing up, and the wrist is the one that stops me actually doing things (like typing, cooking, etc - it's my right wrist, and I'm right-handed!).

I was just glad that I wasn't using the petrol brush cutter at the time, and had the presence of mind to throw the hand shears and secatures away from me as I started to fall

Daughter arriving home tomorrow, so will give full story and catch up on all the goss sometime in the next few days, hopefully
Got her home late afternoon yesterday House is once again full of the chatty whirlwind that is a teenage girl She seems to have had a wonderful time, and really enjoyed Hong Kong! Am putting off the 'how did you find it being back in the UK' and 'so tell me about your NCEA results' chats for a bit - don't want to spoil the mood
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:13 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update whilst the house is quiet and I'm physically able to use the computer!

Was out clearing a steep bank when I lost my footing and slid down it agrevating old back, knee, ankle and wrist injuries, made the aquaintence of a gorse bush, and got stabbed in the eyeball by a twig The eye thing has been the worst, cos I have been unable to focus on anything for long periods of time (e.g. the computer screen). The back meant I couldn't sit in the same position for more than half an hour before seizing up, and the wrist is the one that stops me actually doing things (like typing, cooking, etc - it's my right wrist, and I'm right-handed!).

I was just glad that I wasn't using the petrol brush cutter at the time, and had the presence of mind to throw the hand shears and secatures away from me as I started to fall

Got her home late afternoon yesterday House is once again full of the chatty whirlwind that is a teenage girl She seems to have had a wonderful time, and really enjoyed Hong Kong! Am putting off the 'how did you find it being back in the UK' and 'so tell me about your NCEA results' chats for a bit - don't want to spoil the mood
Hey WP....just relaaaax with a nice drink or two (tea or bubbles, whatever) enjoy having you're DD home and hope you're injuries heal quickly!! Glad your 'chick' has returned to the nest safe 'n sound!!
B x
Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Gary's mum and dad arrived on Tuesday and are here for 8 weeks Has been great to see them,doesn't feel like it's been 18 months since we last saw them. Hopefully getting away next weekend to Te Anau. But..........it has been hard living with them full time and cooking,doing housework,working etc.And it's only been 5 days Don't get me wrong,I really like them and it's great they are here but......well, I hope you know what I mean.

Anyway,they arrived Tue I was working Thu- Sun; off Mon then on Tue - Fri then leave straight from work to drive to Te Anau!!!!!! 8 early shifts out of 9 days!!!! Plus I will have to do all the mum/wife/DIL stuff there. So need lots of drinks now please
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:30 am
MnB

Originally Posted by weejie
Gary's mum and dad arrived on Tuesday and are here for 8 weeks Has been great to see them,doesn't feel like it's been 18 months since we last saw them. Hopefully getting away next weekend to Te Anau. But..........it has been hard living with them full time and cooking,doing housework,working etc.And it's only been 5 days Don't get me wrong,I really like them and it's great they are here but......well, I hope you know what I mean.

Anyway,they arrived Tue I was working Thu- Sun; off Mon then on Tue - Fri then leave straight from work to drive to Te Anau!!!!!! 8 early shifts out of 9 days!!!! Plus I will have to do all the mum/wife/DIL stuff there. So need lots of drinks now please
x as many as you need Know exactly where you're coming from Phyl.......... don't forget you're on a 'break' too
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Drink anyone? Kayaking cancelled due to bad weather and spent all day in school as we had the call yesterday and we have the visit on Tuesday/Wednesday . Both my working days. Poop
Old Jan 15th 2011, 11:04 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Drink anyone? Kayaking cancelled due to bad weather and spent all day in school as we had the call yesterday and we have the visit on Tuesday/Wednesday . Both my working days. Poop
:lol : Big hugs
Old Jan 16th 2011, 3:20 am
`

Originally Posted by j19fmm
:beer.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:28 am

Pass the bottle please. Daughter has been regaling me with tales of Christmas pud and clotted cream, British bacon, and Walkers crisps

But I got my own back on her by playing my Brooke Fraser CD in the car when I was running her round to catch up with her mates - amazing how it always seemed to be playing 'Something in the Water' everytime she got in the car
Old Jan 16th 2011, 11:46 am
MnB

Pass the bottle please. Daughter has been regaling me with tales of Christmas pud and clotted cream, British bacon, and Walkers crisps

He he ......hope she countered that with tales of the awful weather we had while she was here .....Have another drink

But I got my own back on her by playing my Brooke Fraser CD in the car when I was running her round to catch up with her mates - amazing how it always seemed to be playing 'Something in the Water' everytime she got in the car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.