Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Journey to UK with 3 kids - alone

Journey to UK with 3 kids - alone

Old Nov 6th 2012, 4:15 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Journey to UK with 3 kids - alone

"Worst" we have seen was a couple with 2yr old twins, a 5yr old, 3 seats and 2 bassinets.

After a single 7hr flight they were totally fried, their action plan was to confine the twins to the bassinets and the 5yr old to their seat....pants plan TBH
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:18 am
Just Joined

macdonl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I just did this with 3 kids a bit older than yours (2, 7 and 9) and I would not say it's easy. I think loubielou has given the right advice. I had just 2 hours between flights in Dubai and think that it would have been easier had we stayed over in a hotel there (2 year old was sick - on me - twice on first flight; I would have loved the chance to get properly cleaned up and will be taking spare trousers as well as a top next time). I then used Phenergan for the 12-13 hour flight and that really helped.
One thing I will be doing next time is taking pyjamas for the kids to change into on the flight; I saw someone else doing this and was impressed by how organised she was.
So, I do think it is manageable so long as you are very prepared, and in a good humour for any mishaps that occur.
Good luck!
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a night flight and the children already into pyjamas I think is an excellent idea, there were two children on the Dubai to Brisbane flight in their pj's already for sleep - will definitely use that.