Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If you went down to the beach today........

If you went down to the beach today........

Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you went down to the beach today........

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Hi Wilma

I see you are from Porirua, can you give me any info on the area?!
also try dannyf, donnaf, & boopy.........theres more but i can't remember who at mo

see it can't be too bad if that lot live there (& they all love it!!)
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cherry
Were the pics taken from a boat with the beach in the background?.
The pics are very good ,do Orcas visit there often.
No, we weren't on a boat, we were standing on the beach itself. The stretch of sea from the beach to Kapiti island doesn't look the far, but apparently its quite a way and unsafe to swim it due to the currents there (personally I prefer raisins!)
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hello Bev!! Hope you feeling ok love. You have achieved one of my ambitions right there. Every time I look out to sea now, I expect to see something breaking the surface. Nice pics.
Hiya Danny
I'm good thanks, apart from work, but whats new there?!!!!! It really was an amazing sight and another one of my dreams come true too. We saw sperm whales in Kaikoura and they said orca's sometimes pass through. We actually missed a big pod of them by 1/2 day! But having seen them on our doorstep is even better. Someone at work said they saw some at Shelly's Bay once and were able to drive at the side of them they were so close. It still blows my mind!
Keep looking out to sea, you never know what you might see. I finally saw a little blue penguin at Whiteria Park a couple of months ago.
Hope you Donna and the kids are good. We still have to organise that drink.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilma & co
Amazing Winnie!! Next time you see some, tell them to head down to Porirua harbour so us lot down here can get a look!!!
Will do. I'll put a call out along the coast too so that everyone can come and see them!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Wow that is brilliant...what a great friend giving you a call.

Really jealous cos the only thing i get to see at my local beach is great big turds and used condoms

Anyway...love the pics
Yeah, he's a great mate.
Oh, how I miss the UK beaches, Blackpool in particularly, especially swimming in the sea there at 4am after a night on the town! Ugh, what was I thinking?!!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jules & Danny
I was there this afternoon, first time I've been there. Nice long beach.

No Orcas when i was there, but why's the beach strewn with wood and bark?
It's a beautiful beach, which was one of the attractions of us moving here. Next time you think of popping up again drop us a line and call in for a cuppa.