Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any experience of Harrow Green Removals?

Any experience of Harrow Green Removals?

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

AMBER will become famous soon enough
Question Any experience of Harrow Green Removals?

Hi,
Let me introduce myself and my family. I am Amber, my husband is Paul and we have two children Joshua 3.5 and Katrina 6 months. We like so many others are going to emigrate to NZ (hopefully) .
Luckily for me I am a children's nurse, so I think I will find work quite easily and Paul is a solid plasterer.
We are hoping to get PR through me and then to come over.
Our house is on the market and we have accepted an offer on it, so that will be one thing less to do.
I have been a silent reader of this wonderfully informative forum for a while, but I do have a couple of questions that I would like to ask. I am unsure if these need to posted on different threads but...
Does anyone have experience of using Harrow Green Removals?
Are there plastering jobs in NZ? Is a jib stopper the same as a UK plasterer?
Thanks
Amber
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:29 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any experience of Harrow Green Removals?

Originally Posted by AMBER
Hi,
Let me introduce myself and my family. I am Amber, my husband is Paul and we have two children Joshua 3.5 and Katrina 6 months. We like so many others are going to emigrate to NZ (hopefully)
Hi Amber - first off, a big fat NZ welcome to you from Wiz'n'Ton! Hope your move goes well

Luckily for me I am a children's nurse, so I think I will find work quite easily and Paul is a solid plasterer.
We are hoping to get PR through me and then to come over.
Great news - you will have no problems finding work here, as there are loads of nursing and plastering roles.

I have been a silent reader of this wonderfully informative forum for a while, but I do have a couple of questions that I would like to ask. I am unsure if these need to posted on different threads but...
No worries, blaze away on here and someone will usually know the answer or be able to point you to a source that does.

Does anyone have experience of using Harrow Green Removals?
'Fraid not, soz.

Nope - I'm pretty sure it's someone who fixes sheets of gib board (like plaster board) up to stud work, and then who fills in the screw holes ready for a plasterer to put a skim on top. And there are plenty of plastering jobs here - at least in ChCh there are, so no worries there.

Good luck with it all, and welcome
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi,
Let me introduce myself and my family. I am Amber, my husband is Paul and we have two children Joshua 3.5 and Katrina 6 months. We like so many others are going to emigrate to NZ (hopefully) .

Thanks
Amber
Hi guys and welcome to the wonderful world of forums.

Plastering in Nz is not the same as in the UK.
Paul , as you already know, will be on the watch-out for jib-stopping jobs and , yes, they are about. Jib-stopping is a very necessary part of any new house being built.
Walls are not skimmed , as in the UK. Jib board is used and the jib stoppers come in to smooth the joints.

Many of the houses will have an outside rendering. This isn't often done by jib-stoppers/plasterers. These coatings are sprayed by painters.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

AMBER will become famous soon enough

Hi Bevs,
Thanks for the info.
This will be useful in our preparation for our new life.
If I could pick your brains a little more ...Do you have any idea how much plasterers are paid?
Thanks Amber
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Not heard of Harrow Green Removals but if you're looking for an company to move you belongings to NZ then you're probably better using an international removal firm. We used Crown and had no major issues with them. There's also been good reports from other people who have used them. There's loads of info if you do a search.
BTW Welcome to the forum, they're all a good helpful bunch on here, even if most of us are a little crazy!