Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How much do you reckon this house would be worth?

How much do you reckon this house would be worth?

Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:25 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How much do you reckon this house would be worth?

Originally Posted by BowWowWow
Very funny! My truth depends on my mood, weather, headlines..homesickness but thats not something that can't be cured by a visit to the beach. Some days I love it - lately the weather's been horrid. Its a bit tough to say what's on your mind when you read posts about how great it is for the kids and stuff which is probably true. Our main concern now is our new puppy, and house hunting which can bring anyone down no matter where they live.
You tried North Shore ? There is a thread on here titled "what areas in Auckland" something like that.

Some of the houses the Kiwis reckon fit to rent are just not.

How long was your hubby (partner as they say in NZ) in Canada for ? Would be really interesting to hear his views on NZ ( good or bad works for me).

Good luck with house hunting, watchout for those letting agents, we got suckered by Just Rentals - $ 600 later.

Cheers & have a great weekend.

PS: Let's hope it's beach weather ...
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

BowWowWow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sky
You can also say they are good too before anyone jumps on me http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ies/eyes12.gif
okay but you'll have to wait - it's a sunny day!! Wanted to see if you ever posted any negative posts but only had time to read the first 10000!!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

BowWowWow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Campbells
You tried North Shore ? There is a thread on here titled "what areas in Auckland" something like that.

Some of the houses the Kiwis reckon fit to rent are just not.

How long was your hubby (partner as they say in NZ) in Canada for ? Would be really interesting to hear his views on NZ ( good or bad works for me).

Good luck with house hunting, watchout for those letting agents, we got suckered by Just Rentals - $ 600 later.

Cheers & have a great weekend.

PS: Let's hope it's beach weather ...
It is sunny today finally!!
Our house is okay could be better, seen worse. Alot of the North Shore might be pricey for us although the infamous traffic would not faze us too much after the maniacal Montreal drivers. Hubby was with me nearly ten years says things have not changed much 'cept the shocking housing costs. Really the downside is things have not changed much as far a living goes - just heaps more grafiti.
I was a little put off when first someone asked about my partner!! Where I'm from that implies same sex!! Nothing wrong with that of course just not true!!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:22 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BowWowWow
It is sunny today finally!!
Our house is okay could be better, seen worse. Alot of the North Shore might be pricey for us although the infamous traffic would not faze us too much after the maniacal Montreal drivers. Hubby was with me nearly ten years says things have not changed much 'cept the shocking housing costs. Really the downside is things have not changed much as far a living goes - just heaps more grafiti.
I was a little put off when first someone asked about my partner!! Where I'm from that implies same sex!! Nothing wrong with that of course just not true!!
You looked at the rentals on www.trademe.co.nz ? I haven't lived there but I think Henderson would be a rough neck-of-the-woods.

Cheers and enjoy the sunny day. Looks like it's going to be a beauty.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

We also hate the way houses are listed here. It is a game that is played to see how much some idiot will pay for a property. Leaving that aside, we saw a property similar in Dunsandel, half way to Asburton from Christchurch, for $460M.

We also looked at Ashburton and while it now has Mitre 10 and a Bunnings, other than the fact that there is a McDonald's it was hard to see what made the place worth being 1 hour of quick driving from Christchurch.

We have decided to build in Rangiora.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:06 am
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
We also hate the way houses are listed here. It is a game that is played to see how much some idiot will pay for a property. Leaving that aside, we saw a property similar in Dunsandel, half way to Asburton from Christchurch, for $460M.

We also looked at Ashburton and while it now has Mitre 10 and a Bunnings, other than the fact that there is a McDonald's it was hard to see what made the place worth being 1 hour of quick driving from Christchurch.

We have decided to build in Rangiora.
Surely the fact that there wasa McDonalds was reason enough NOT to want to live there?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Funny enough there is no McDonald's in Rangiroa. There is however a KFC, but Ihaven't eaten at KFC sine one lunch time in New Orleans whe I was doing a special job for the Jefferson Parish Sherrifs office some many years ago