house prices

Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house prices

Originally Posted by geroge_swift
i dont want to be based in auckland city, as the idea of the move is the ability to come back to a house a be able to go to the beach after work and for the boys to be able to go surfing after school, and it needs to be near auckland because thats where the biggest financial hub is in NZ and where all the jobs are for accountants. so anymore suggestion for areas within about a 50minute drive from auckland cba with a good surfing beach???
The surf is flat on most beaches up on the Shore, which is what makes it attractive to more families. For surfing beaches, try the west coast. You need to take a look at a map of Auckland and pinpoint exactly where it is you want to be as Auckland is huge! You also need to understand that Auckland city is a district too, it's not the 'city centre'. Try googling Auckland city, not CBD, as there are many suburbs with beaches in Auckland city that are around a 50 minute commute to the CBD.

I don't think you have looked closely at a map of Auckland as if you had, you would see that most suburbs are close to a beach of some sorts. Before we can help you, you need to pinpoint a few places and then ask about specifics instead of giving a list of ideals and asking us to do the work. We can help you if you help us
Old Nov 27th 2011, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, What she said
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:08 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a good idea to rent and be prepared to move around to find the right location. A friend of mine, a returning kiwi, planned to buy a large house with a garden, but while renting noticed his teen daughters spent more time out with friends and on the beach than at the house. Him and his wife are now considering a town house in a nice beach location which will better fit their lifestyle. You won't really know what is right for you until you live here for a bit IMO.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

geroge_swift is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for not being clear I'm using Auckland CBS as a general location that I assume I'll be working closely to. The west coast seems to be a good option as the surfing is good and not far from the cbs . Around piha to be precise any idea what it's like. Near there.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

bleak and baron but I seem to remember it does have a shop and a cafe.

It seems your top priority is surfing at the expense of everything else so from that perspective Piha would be perfect.
Its a MINIMUM 1 hour drive to Auckland CBD but that journey will take quite a bit longer when you take rush hour traffic into account.

Piha is a pretty notorious and often dangerous beach, so much so that it has its own TV show following the surf rescue team out there
but then again the programme has now switched to Muriwai so it seems you've got a knack for finding the more extreme places.

Again Piha is more of a holiday / summer destination and lots of properties will be holiday homes meaning a very small population

What you looking at is like living in the Lake District and working in Manchester and having to make your commute down down single
track B roads, sound idylic ??
Have you got kids? have you given any thought to school proximity, local amenities ( shops, pub/bar, supermarkets, gas stations,
restaurants ) how they will cope in such small communities for friends. I'm not trying to talk you out of these places but I would
suggest you visit first to see exactly where they are and what they are like

Last edited by Justcol; Nov 29th 2011 at 1:31 am.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 2:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
bleak and baron but I seem to remember it does have a shop and a cafe.

It seems your top priority is surfing at the expense of everything else so from that perspective Piha would be perfect.
Its a MINIMUM 1 hour drive to Auckland CBD but that journey will take quite a bit longer when you take rush hour traffic into account.

Piha is a pretty notorious and often dangerous beach, so much so that it has its own TV show following the surf rescue team out there
but then again the programme has now switched to Muriwai so it seems you've got a knack for finding the more extreme places.

Again Piha is more of a holiday / summer destination and lots of properties will be holiday homes meaning a very small population

What you looking at is like living in the Lake District and working in Manchester and having to make your commute down down single
track B roads, sound idylic ??
Have you got kids? have you given any thought to school proximity, local amenities ( shops, pub/bar, supermarkets, gas stations,
restaurants ) how they will cope in such small communities for friends. I'm not trying to talk you out of these places but I would
suggest you visit first to see exactly where they are and what they are like
I second that.

We live on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula, OH gets the ferry to work from Gulf Harbour some days, takes 50 mins from GH to CBD.
If he goes by car, he leaves at 6am & it takes him approx 40mins. Orewa is hoping to get planning consent for a reef to be 'built' to improve the surfing. However, be aware that the decision-making process is notoriously slow here
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geroge_swift
Sorry for not being clear I'm using Auckland CBS as a general location that I assume I'll be working closely to. The west coast seems to be a good option as the surfing is good and not far from the cbs . Around piha to be precise any idea what it's like. Near there.
http://www.wises.co.nz/

Use that link to get some idea of distances.

George Muriwai and Piha on on the West coast and are black sand beaches and have plenty of surf so if you are into surfing would be ideal. The surrounding area is quite rugged. I have friends who have a beautiful home overlooking Muriwai and they are really into their surfing and horsriding on the beach.

http://www.wises.co.nz/d/21/Rodney/M.../174.69841/12/

http://www.pihaproperty.co.nz/

http://www.realestate.co.nz/resident...h/suburbs/2875

Te Henga (Bethels Beach) is also a west coast beach and worth considering.

http://www.wises.co.nz/d/11/queen+street/Bethels+beach/

Orewa etc are East coast beaches and the surf is variable. It is a residential area with lots of traffic.
http://www.wises.co.nz/d/21/Rodney/Orewa/Queen+Street/