Hi All

Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of
Default Hi All

hello everyone.

I'm new on this site. I have just got in from an evening on standby as an emergency gas engineer here in the uk.My partner and I have been considering a move for some years(!) now but something has always got in the way!..We are slowly running out of excuses not to emigrate and would like to get a feel of how people think about our chances of success.
I'm fifty in Sept, fully qualified (see Gas fitting work to residence in immigration forum) and have a 5, 12 and 19 year old to drag along with me....and of course my beloved!!

many thanks in advance
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:39 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hi All

Never mind the age Grampa. I got PR at 49. You've got until the end of your fifty-fifth birthday so you had better bust a move because you aren't getting any younger.

Good luck and karma sent.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:13 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome, "no time like the present" as they say good luck karma on its way......
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome.

I came to NZ just before my 50th birthday. Husband is a plumber/gasfitter
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of

Thank you all for answering me, for me it was quite daunting to first start writing (also because i'm not a wiz when it comes to using a keyboard!!), it is reassuring to know that there actually are people out there who have already undergone the high and lows that we are now experiencing.
I think the decision to start doing this was quite a step, and I have now e-mailed PGDB enclosing a CV asking for advise on how to start the ball rolling with them.....not bad for a couple of days!!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Not bad at all

Here is a link to the PGDB website. In particular the link leads you to a process guide and a form . Download them and print them off.

Please click on the blue type

LINK TO PGDB OVERSEAS FORM AND GUIDE
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:39 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum
Have some karma to make you feel at home here
Karen
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Hi All

Once again
Thanks to all that have taken the time to write to me. This is getting to be quite addictive!!. But something intrigues me....what is it with the karma being wished everywhere? Is this something particular to NZ? Do I have to bring it with me? Are there tax breaks for those bringing it in wholesale? Is there a black market in karma? Or do I need to learn a special handshake?? These are just some of the questions keeping me awake at night....please help!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:54 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

NZ is the capital of Karma ,have some fun with it...... look at "karma Fun" at the top of the page ^