Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Harvey Norman - stepping back in time!

Harvey Norman - stepping back in time!

Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Harvey Norman - stepping back in time!

It's a bit of a nightmare here because the sales staff work on commissions and incentives. That is bad news for the consumer IMHO.
If the Hi-fi causes problems, take it back to the shop and get a replacement. End of. You have rights as the consumer
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
It's a bit of a nightmare here because the sales staff work on commissions and incentives. That is bad news for the consumer IMHO.
If the Hi-fi causes problems, take it back to the shop and get a replacement. End of. You have rights as the consumer

When things go wrong with purchases you need to know your consumer rights because chances are the retailer wont. Or worse still ignore them and offer to send the faulty goods back to the manufactuer for repair (often China)
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
When things go wrong with purchases you need to know your consumer rights because chances are the retailer wont. Or worse still ignore them and offer to send the faulty goods back to the manufactuer for repair (often China)
Well its got a one year maufacturers warranty with it, and if it comes to it I'll go shout at the guys in the Sony shop in town!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:38 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

i have to admit, Harvey Norman does have some seriously strange ways of doing things (i have encountered similar problems with buying a $29 set of earphones!). But seriously, kirks is mental. I just love the fact that i bought something from there in their christmas sale and some old duck wrote down the barcode, the sale code and the eventual sale price. then gave me a nice little print out. brilliant! v. old school!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
i have to admit, Harvey Norman does have some seriously strange ways of doing things (i have encountered similar problems with buying a $29 set of earphones!). But seriously, kirks is mental. I just love the fact that i bought something from there in their christmas sale and some old duck wrote down the barcode, the sale code and the eventual sale price. then gave me a nice little print out. brilliant! v. old school!
They don't still operate one of those old suction tube things that they put the sales stuff and cash in and it whooshes away up to some unseen office do they???

They are Grace Brothers in disguise I think...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:33 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

They have the same system in Oz. Didn't like having to give my address just so I could buy some speakers tttt.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:17 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nerine
No, I don't think so - it's unique to Harvey Norman.

All I can think of it that each part of the store is run as a separate business, maybe shops within a shop. Who knows, they could even be separate franchises or something?
They are seperate franchises ,we were told this in QLD because we had tried to look on the internet to price an item, and one of the problems with some of the shops downunder is they are owned by different people and still do the shops in shops thing like the Uk 20 odd years ago.