Had Enough...

Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had Enough...

Originally Posted by pfletcher
I got glasses
better hand then over here

So how's your escape plan coming along?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:43 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I love a good escape plan, so spill the beans, when are you going and when is the garage sale
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

pfletcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Oh I love a good escape plan, so spill the beans, when are you going and when is the garage sale
Depends now on the passport thingy
Old Oct 16th 2008, 2:56 pm

Hertford is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done it twice, on our England visit in 2006 my passport had expired by six months, and my sister's passport expired one month before our flight this year. You can enter the UK on an expired passport because you are returning to the 'home' country. But you cannot leave Britain or enter any other country with it until it's been renewed. Just pretend to be shocked when they say it's expired.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hertford
I've done it twice, on our England visit in 2006 my passport had expired by six months, and my sister's passport expired one month before our flight this year. You can enter the UK on an expired passport because you are returning to the 'home' country. But you cannot leave Britain or enter any other country with it until it's been renewed. Just pretend to be shocked when they say it's expired.
That seems like too much of a risk to take. Were you traveling alone or with your parents? I wonder did they make an exception because of your age.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Quick question - the passport photos - where is the best place to get them in the US - apparently there is a size difference between the US and UK

also - are we certain about not needing to be notarised if I still lokk the same (sad and tired) :-)
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question - the passport photos - where is the best place to get them in the US - apparently there is a size difference between the US and UK

also - are we certain about not needing to be notarised if I still lokk the same (sad and tired) :-)
Re countersigning photos...yes I asked our resident British consul to confirm this a few days ago.

Search or take a look in the US forums for renewing UK PPs...the sizes and places to get the photos has been discussed recently. You'll also find the sizes on the Brit Embassy website.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

You can make your own passport pictures for free, and they size them for UK, and other countries.http://www.epassportphoto.com/
I just had regular US passport pics done at the drug store and the passport service look like they cut them down for me, I've done that for the last 20 years.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

You can make your own passport pictures for free, and they size them for UK, and other countries.http://www.epassportphoto.com/
I just had regular US passport pics done at the drug store and the passport service look like they cut them down for me, I've done that for the last 20 years.
I am not that safe with a camera and myself (professionals always do a bad job of self portraits) so I will try the recommended Walgreen (only $8)
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am not that safe with a camera and myself (professionals always do a bad job of self portraits) so I will try the recommended Walgreen (only $8)
Make sure they don't give you the US size PP photo.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:11 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Make sure they don't give you the US size PP photo.
Those are the ones I've been sending in for the whole family with no problem.
All five of us have had new UK passports and used US sized pics in the last 3 or 4 years.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Those are the ones I've been sending in for the whole family with no problem.
All five of us have had new UK passports and used US sized pics in the last 3 or 4 years.
I'm only going on what others have said. We've done our own for 10 yrs or more...UK green card...US citizenship...UK and US passports.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:39 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm only going on what others have said. We've done our own for 10 yrs or more...UK green card...US citizenship...UK and US passports.
Thats what i'm doing with the next round.
I found this site, highly recommended by some others I chat with right after I sent the little ones passport appy in this year.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

well the app is with the pix, got them signed- it has been recieved and signed for - they say the timing is 10 business days s I should have it back on the 3rd November
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

well the app is with the pix, got them signed- it has been recieved and signed for - they say the timing is 10 business days s I should have it back on the 3rd November
Good job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.