Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumber

G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumber

Old Aug 16th 2021, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumbe

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Justcol ! You don't put those in a nice cheese sarnie surely.

edit.. I had to look up SuperValue as never heard of them. A part of the Countdown lot.
Good God woman, do you think I'm some kind of heathen. 😂

I don't have a countdown. Nearest is 100km away and I refuse to pay the extortionate prices at new world (50km away)
Old Aug 17th 2021, 7:01 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumbe

Originally Posted by Justcol View Post
Good God woman, do you think I'm some kind of heathen. 😂

I don't have a countdown. Nearest is 100km away and I refuse to pay the extortionate prices at new world (50km away)
Well I did think it might make the bread a bit soggy . There again MrBEVS will eat the most odd combinations given half a chance. Probably would use the cheese sarnie to mop the tinned toms. .

We've not got a Supervalue. There is a Countdown in Mot.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

There's a new item that I've stopped buying due to its interesting prices

Cheese

Decent cheese that is, a good strong old piece of cheddar cheese. Something that is quite tough to find here - the closest to it is the Aged Tasty Cheddar that has been aged by 18 months.

$16.15 for a kg of this in the Rangiora Pak n Save.

Others are $12.99 for 700g and $10.75 for 500g

I probably need a few Go Fund Me pages set up to be able to afford it

I don't even want to think how much it'll be in New World or Countdown.

Old Sep 20th 2021, 10:19 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Mince too apparently.

It's just a consequence of the Reserve Bank holding rates too low for too long, we've not got an inflation problem.