Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumber

G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumber

Old Aug 5th 2021, 6:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Talking G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumber

G'won then. It is wintertime right now. Let's be brave , do it & shock the world ! Someone call up Justcol. We need him for this.

I will start --

The price of a tomato.

Old Aug 5th 2021, 6:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumbe

$5.99 for a thin, small telegraph cucumber.
Apologies, they are on special this week at $5.49. Capsicums have now come down 20 cents to the more affordable $3.79 each

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; Aug 5th 2021 at 6:36 am.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 7:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'won . The $ price of one tomato and maybe -ssshhh ..the price of a cucumbe

Originally Posted by BEVS
G'won then. It is wintertime right now. Let's be brave , do it & shock the world ! Someone call up Justcol. We need him for this.

I will start --

The price of a tomato.

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
$5.99 for a thin, small telegraph cucumber.
Apologies, they are on special this week at $5.49. Capsicums have now come down 20 cents to the more affordable $3.79 each
again

Old Aug 5th 2021, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I pick up a cucumber the other day, it was kind of withered and scrawny but I gave it a wee stroke and a squeeze and then promptly put it back on the shelf; at $5.99 it can stay there and rot for all I care.
I bought one poxy little capsicum today for $3.49 this was from Pak n Save - not Harrods FFS!

Avocados however were 99c - how the F did that happen?
Old Aug 5th 2021, 10:59 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Yes, I pick up a cucumber the other day, it was kind of withered and scrawny but I gave it a wee stroke and a squeeze and then promptly put it back on the shelf; at $5.99 it can stay there and rot for all I care.
Do Kiwi cucumbers get bigger if you stroke and squeeze them? Asking for a friend.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Do Kiwi cucumbers get bigger if you stroke and squeeze them? Asking for a friend.
A friend did try it but was removed from the supermarket!
Old Aug 5th 2021, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

I should think so, You must check for the cucumber's consent first otherwise it is a poor example to be setting the younger generation.

Last edited by Clappy; Aug 5th 2021 at 10:53 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 12:24 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

A great money saving tactic is to just skip the food and drink gin
Old Aug 6th 2021, 12:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
We got given some homemade gin. Cheap as.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
I've been doing a little too much of that 😁🍸
Old Aug 6th 2021, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think you're confusing them with aubergines 🍆
Old Aug 6th 2021, 12:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Justcol
I think you're confusing them with aubergines 🍆

You two are so rude! Just like me
Old Aug 6th 2021, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 7th 2021, 9:26 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not surprised at the price of local fresh produce this year given labour market disruption.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I'm not surprised at the price of local fresh produce this year given labour market disruption.
It's not just this year though.
Unfortunately we suffer with the seasonal prices every year.
Theres still a way to go to match the worst I've ever seen for tomatoes. A whopping $24.99 kg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.