the G.C.

Old May 4th 2012, 6:34 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the G.C.

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Guys here would rather sit up a tree drinking beer with their mates until they got pissed and fell down.
Beer consumption per capita :

Wikipedia
Australia : 104.7 litres per person per annum
U.K. : 99.0 litres
N.Z. : 75.5 litres

Nationmaster
UK : 97 litres
Aus : 89
NZ : 78

Last edited by waikatoguy; May 4th 2012 at 6:36 pm.
Old May 5th 2012, 4:03 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Same with the GC I think it was something like the sixth most popular after the usual stalwarts of One News, Coronation Street and Shortland Street.

They can keep bleating until the sheep come home about it being a load of crap and a waste of funding from TVNZ but honestly it can't be any worse than watching Coronation Street day in and day out. They were practically rioting in the streets the week they changed the time of Coro to accomodate the Aussie Masterchef finals.

Assuming the world needs another reality series of this ilk and the GC starts getting broadcast on the Global network, I don't doubt we'll see a huge turnaround in the naysayers.

Gold Coast Tourism folks have already expressed concerns that it will damage their image. If they ignored it I guess it would have gone away but since so many people are making it into a big issue and getting hysterical about it, the more that will be interested in seeing what its all about. Hype!!
It cracks me up that the GC tourism people think it's effecting their "image". You mean, the slightly sleazy image they've always had? It's the GC ffs. It's not like anyone's going there for the culture and history hahaha
Old May 5th 2012, 4:04 am

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

If you're the target audience; young and hot, rather than old and grumpy it is a 'documentary'. Only in NZ would being young and lazing around in the sun with scantily clad attractive woman be seen as a negative thing and a waste of money. Guys here would rather sit up a tree drinking beer with their mates until they got pissed and fell down.
sounds familiar
Old May 5th 2012, 4:05 am

Same with the GC I think it was something like the sixth most popular after the usual stalwarts of One News, Coronation Street and Shortland Street.

They can keep bleating until the sheep come home about it being a load of crap and a waste of funding from TVNZ but honestly it can't be any worse than watching Coronation Street day in and day out. They were practically rioting in the streets the week they changed the time of Coro to accomodate the Aussie Masterchef finals.

Assuming the world needs another reality series of this ilk and the GC starts getting broadcast on the Global network, I don't doubt we'll see a huge turnaround in the naysayers.

Gold Coast Tourism folks have already expressed concerns that it will damage their image. If they ignored it I guess it would have gone away but since so many people are making it into a big issue and getting hysterical about it, the more that will be interested in seeing what its all about. Hype!!
I never got it about Coro Street. Neverrrrrr.

Do they still have Take the high road, that incomprehensible scottish soap?
Old May 5th 2012, 8:24 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

If you're the target audience; young and hot, rather than old and grumpy it is a 'documentary'.

I knew it, I knew it, I AM a grumpy old bugger

Now in my day....................
Old May 5th 2012, 8:29 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
Beer consumption per capita :

Wikipedia
Australia : 104.7 litres per person per annum
U.K. : 99.0 litres
N.Z. : 75.5 litres

Nationmaster
UK : 97 litres
Aus : 89
NZ : 78

Find that hard to believe..........but then again it's all down to personal experience. Back home I'd hardly ever see a large number of drunks, unless of course they were students, (university town), where as here I've seen drunks as early as mid morning. But if you watch TV you'd be forgiven for thinking they were every where. I'd say from personal observations that there are more drunks here than in the UK

But then again perhaps I ought to spend less time in the pub
Old May 5th 2012, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
I'd say from personal observations that there are more drunks here than in the UK
There may well be. But on average, according to official OECD stats (I found on the net), NZ drinks less alcohol. NZ is just 19th in alcohol consumption out of the 30 countries. There could be more drunks, but also more totally sober people?? But NZers still drink less alcohol, on average.
Old May 5th 2012, 9:43 am

^ Just sticking up for the 'guys here'. Binge drinking is a problem though. As a teenager I got totally blotto quite a few times to the point of not remembering the whole evening. Why, I don't know??
Old May 5th 2012, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I never got it about Coro Street. Neverrrrrr.
I love Coro Street! Great scriptwriters and character actors, and the castmembers stick around for long periods so they sort of become part of your life. And there's also quite a bit of subtle humour in there. I used to hang off every one of Blanche's lines. Only problem is we're getting too far behind the UK (over 2 years now, I think).