Reload this Page >

Fresh start, terribly excited

Fresh start, terribly excited

Old May 30th 2011, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

DerekZoolander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fresh start, terribly excited

Hi all,

Have been lurking this evening and this lovely little site is an absolute goldmine of information, thoroughly helpful people and free cake*, so thought I'd join in if I may.

I'm at the early stages of my emigration. I don't know where I'm going, but I know I'm going. I'm selling up, ditching the job and .. well, everything, and upping sticks to NZ.

I look forward to getting to know you all a bit, and pillaging you for info and stories

I'm from Fife in Scotland, currently in Aberdeen, single (or will be), currently working in IT (and will probably have to come to an IT job), but keen to do random stuff once I've moved.

Time to start living my life

* I may have been lied to about the cake.
Old May 30th 2011, 9:05 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fresh start, terribly excited

Welcome to BE! Glad you are enjoying the site. I'd ask that you don't mention the free cake again as it's only the special new users that are party to that. We don't want to upset the others ...

How exciting for you to have made the brave decision to move. You may find, when you start researching jobs, that your area to live may be dictated to you by work opportunities. IT usually needs to centre around the larger cities I believe.

Happy posting!!
Old May 30th 2011, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

I'm happy to be flexible with regard to jobs, and where I end up, because I don't have any preference on location. Yet, anyway!

I like the idea of the south island for snow (boarding), but dislike it for the snow! Just come out of a -15 winter, need sun!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

PS, love your sig
Old May 31st 2011, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DerekZoolander
Hi all,

Have been lurking this evening and this lovely little site is an absolute goldmine of information, thoroughly helpful people and free cake*, so thought I'd join in if I may.

I'm at the early stages of my emigration. I don't know where I'm going, but I know I'm going. I'm selling up, ditching the job and .. well, everything, and upping sticks to NZ.

I look forward to getting to know you all a bit, and pillaging you for info and stories

I'm from Fife in Scotland, currently in Aberdeen, single (or will be), currently working in IT (and will probably have to come to an IT job), but keen to do random stuff once I've moved.

Where are you headed?
Old May 31st 2011, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

I'm happy to be flexible with regard to jobs, and where I end up, because I don't have any preference on location. Yet, anyway!

I like the idea of the south island for snow (boarding), but dislike it for the snow! Just come out of a -15 winter, need sun!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

PS, love your sig
we snow board in the North Island. live in sunny mild Auckland, and can drive down for weekends away to the snow. best of both worlds!
Old May 31st 2011, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

JenR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
but keen to do random stuff once I've moved.

I can recommend random stuff - since coming to NZ I've added alpaca farming, sheep mustering, cattle herding, pear packing and campsite cleaning to my CV!

Good luck with all the planning!

Jen x
Old May 31st 2011, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & Welcome from us too.
Old May 31st 2011, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Genesis
Where are you headed?
I really don't know yet.
Old May 31st 2011, 6:18 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

*sigh* looks like I'll have to go baking again - at least he didn't find the secret cookie stash

Hiya - you know that you don't have to live where the snow is don't you? You can live on the coast in the SI and drive maybe 4 hours max to the snow fields for the weekends
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:29 am
Old Jerk

kaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nice

I want Cake
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Kia ora & welcome to our friendly NZ forum. Good luck with all your plans. Happy posting