Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Forum get together

Forum get together

Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Forum get together

Originally Posted by kwprwn
There was me (dawn) and owen, sal and hugh, and also Ginni (off2NZ), roy and their daughter Jess

it was nice to talk to other people, next time we may get more people to come and better planning so nobody gets left behind

Great, if we have enough notice we can get a babysitter so can both come. My oldest daughter normally does it but she is so busy we have to book her weeks in advance!

God I'm bored at work today!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jude J
Great, if we have enough notice we can get a babysitter so can both come. My oldest daughter normally does it but she is so busy we have to book her weeks in advance!

God I'm bored at work today!
Indeed you can both come then

I am bored this afternoon, we were really busy this morning, but much quieter this afternoon

What do you do there in Browns Bay?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Indeed you can both come then

I am bored this afternoon, we were really busy this morning, but much quieter this afternoon

What do you do there in Browns Bay?
Foreign exchange. Normally busy even this time of year but today has been so quiet. Just been to the cafe round the corner and they have said the same.

How bout you?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Foreign exchange. Normally busy even this time of year but today has been so quiet. Just been to the cafe round the corner and they have said the same.

How bout you?
I work for a company in the call centre answering questions to westpac hotpoints customers (but I dont work for westpac) and redeeming their hotpoints, doesnt sound to awe inspiring but its a nice job and not to stressful
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I work for a company in the call centre answering questions to westpac hotpoints customers (but I dont work for westpac) and redeeming their hotpoints, doesnt sound to awe inspiring but its a nice job and not to stressful
And you work in a nice part of town...do you like it?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

And you work in a nice part of town...do you like it?
Newmarket is lovely, its nice here, but I have yet to experience the shops as i get half an hour for my lunch and although i finish at 5pm, i dash for my train

I keep meaning to come on a saturday to have a look around the shops, but weekends at the moment have some serious issues

1/ they go by too quickly
2/ I seem to have so much other stuff to do
3/ hubby hates shopping so cant seem to drag him here yet
4/ weekends should be much longer
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Newmarket is lovely, its nice here, but I have yet to experience the shops as i get half an hour for my lunch and although i finish at 5pm, i dash for my train

I keep meaning to come on a saturday to have a look around the shops, but weekends at the moment have some serious issues

1/ they go by too quickly
2/ I seem to have so much other stuff to do
3/ hubby hates shopping so cant seem to drag him here yet
4/ weekends should be much longer

All 4 will be the same for thousands of people! I'm not a huge fan of shopping, I last wemt to Newmarket before going to Germany for my sisters wedding in 2004! It was good though, went with a friend and we 'did lunch' and stuff. Wouldn't take shane clothes shopping, it would end in tears
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

All 4 will be the same for thousands of people! I'm not a huge fan of shopping, I last wemt to Newmarket before going to Germany for my sisters wedding in 2004! It was good though, went with a friend and we 'did lunch' and stuff. Wouldn't take shane clothes shopping, it would end in tears
I am not a great one either for shopping, but just like to look, particularly when its all still fairly new, which it is

I cant find any stuff I like when I go shopping, I am desperate for a pair of work shoes, but cant afford a lot of dosh for them, and the ones I found which were cheap enough and good enough for work $19.99 at no 1 shoe warehouse...didnt have my bloody size. I refuse to pay alot for work shoes, particularly as I have a history of wrecking shoes whether they are cheap or otherwise I really should stop kicking my chair at work with the toes as this wrecks them quickly
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

chesz is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been in NZ for a bit longer than that and do not know many people either. We live in the neighbourhood of Highland Park (east Auckland also). It would be nice to meet people again.

We've been here 7 weeks (me, hubby, and 2 teenage daughters) and so far we've not really met anyone so would be interested in joining others in the same boat really. We're living in Howick (east Auckland) but it shouldn't be a problem meeting up within a reasonable distance.

Look forward to an update.
G[/QUOTE]