British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Forum get together (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/forum-get-together-368229/)

Bodgit Apr 18th 2006 12:33 pm

Forum get together

Just a thought. Has anyone ever tried to start a 'forum get-together' for all those nameless signatures that inhabit the NZ forum?

I lived abroad before and there was always quite a social scene of pubs and outings where expats and 'native advisors' could meet, chat, get group discounts on trips, etc.

Anyone ever tried to do that? Any idea whether it would work in NZ?

Fireman Al Apr 18th 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Forum get together

Originally Posted by Bodgit
Just a thought. Has anyone ever tried to start a 'forum get-together' for all those nameless signatures that inhabit the NZ forum?

I lived abroad before and there was always quite a social scene of pubs and outings where expats and 'native advisors' could meet, chat, get group discounts on trips, etc.

Get's my vote.....think we all need the friendship side of things when making the big move !!

Ali

Andrew Cross Apr 18th 2006 8:43 pm

Sounds good but you will find that we are all spread out....some in the North and others like me in the South. Im up for a get together though!
Sue

MV5555 Apr 18th 2006 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Sounds good but you will find that we are all spread out....some in the North and others like me in the South. Im up for a get together though!
Sue

sounds good im sure its going to be a quiet 6 weeks in wellington 4 me would be nice to get ou and about b4 the family gets here and we settle in hamilton

33 days :scared:

Winnie Apr 19th 2006 9:36 am

Originally Posted by MV5555
sounds good im sure its going to be a quiet 6 weeks in wellington 4 me would be nice to get ou and about b4 the family gets here and we settle in hamilton

33 days :scared:

Sounds good to me, I'm in Wellington and could do with a good night out. And I'm a Yorkshire lass!!

Bodgit Apr 19th 2006 11:01 am

Sounds like there are a few 'up for it' and also sounds as if we will have to have some 'regional' dos as well.

Sue Apr 19th 2006 2:10 pm

I'll stick this at the top of the forum so it doesn't get lost.

As you were :)

Bodgit Apr 19th 2006 8:37 pm

Oooer pressure is on now :scared: . I wont be 'in-country' until June, so if someone wants to arrange it in the meantime or suggest venues, great. Must be good 'pubs/drinkeries/parks' around, (not sure if 'Pubs' applies yet as I have never been to NZ myself).

Speaking for myself, I will be in Auckland to start with but working a lot, (I think), in Wellington. My better half will be following end of June/beginning July.

I am glad other's think it quite a good plan - let's make sure it happens shall we? :beer:

MV5555 Apr 20th 2006 2:23 pm

Oooer pressure is on now :scared: . I wont be 'in-country' until June, so if someone wants to arrange it in the meantime or suggest venues, great. Must be good 'pubs/drinkeries/parks' around, (not sure if 'Pubs' applies yet as I have never been to NZ myself).

Speaking for myself, I will be in Auckland to start with but working a lot, (I think), in Wellington. My better half will be following end of June/beginning July.

I am glad other's think it quite a good plan - let's make sure it happens shall we? :beer:

Im in Wellington from 12th june for 6 weeks anyone who waants to meet up would be great

hope the nz's can understand my yorkshire accent :cool:

Radio Ham Apr 21st 2006 4:14 pm

I'm in Auckland from 1 May (and without the OH amd Kids for 2 months) so any social drinking/eating will be most welcome. Count me in please.

Have I said how scary this all is with only 7 days left in the UK before I fly off? I must have done I guess but the :beer: is getting in the way of my medium term memory. Too many good bye events I fear.

Colin

MV5555 Apr 21st 2006 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
I'm in Auckland from 1 May (and without the OH amd Kids for 2 months) so any social drinking/eating will be most welcome. Count me in please.

Have I said how scary this all is with only 7 days left in the UK before I fly off? I must have done I guess but the :beer: is getting in the way of my medium term memory. Too many good bye events I fear.

Colin

GOOD LUCK COLIN KEEP US INFORMED :eek:

cottageinthesky Apr 24th 2006 10:43 am

Count me in - I've been in Wellington coming up 10 years - always pleased to meet up with a fellow immigrant - there will always be some things that only another "Brit" will understand/appreciate!

Bodgit Apr 28th 2006 11:58 am

So Start date is now confirmed for July so nothing will happen before then. Still need some venue suggestions though.....

Andrew Cross Apr 29th 2006 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Radio Ham

Colin

Good luck and hope you have a good flight !

Sue :)

cottageinthesky Apr 29th 2006 8:32 pm

So Start date is now confirmed for July so nothing will happen before then. Still need some venue suggestions though.....

Loads of places in Wellington - depends who's going, with/without family, evening or during the day?