flights

Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: flights

Having made this trip many times now, our very first recommendation would be absolutely Singapore Air ***.

The 2nd for being better value would be Emirates and this could be even better since the Airbus.

Both offered a first rate service ++ and there was plenty to eat and good entertainment.

The other airlines were OK but didn't deliver the same for service or the price. In fact some of the flights were merged with other airlines. Air NZ being one. Just my opinion.

++ note I flew Emirates when by Dad was ill and left this world as we know it. Emirates couldn't do enough for me and were excellent.

*** we have flown with these many times now and they have always delivered.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Having made this trip many times now, our very first recommendation would be absolutely Singapore Air ***.

In fact some of the flights were merged with other airlines. Air NZ being one. Just my opinion.

My son booked with Cathy Pacific and was flying on the 27th Dec. It was panic stations the week before when BA said they were going on strike because even though all his tickets had Cathy flight numbers they use BA Manchester to Heathrow. My son was then told if the first flight was cancelled it was classed as a no show and the others Heathrow - Hong Kong/Hong Kong - Auckland would automatically be cancelled unless it was noted on his booking that he would make his own way to Heathrow.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi
We came over with Emirates on the Airbus 380 which had lots of room , fab inflight entertainment & great food. The crew were really child friendy & even took my daughter to look at First class. Highly recommended .
Old Jan 4th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bolton1
Hi
We came over with Emirates on the Airbus 380 which had lots of room , fab inflight entertainment & great food. The crew were really child friendy & even took my daughter to look at First class. Highly recommended .
Good to see you on here Julie, how are you. You must give us all an update, Gail told me you had found a house in Bethlehem.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 8:42 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
The food is pretty good on most flights now as this is the basis a lot of people choose on as prices are fairly similar, I can recomend Singapore airlines for the food

Neil
Full agree with you I was quite ill on the whole flight back from the uk and was looked after all the way, even by the next crew that was on the same flight to take the plane back to Singapore.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

BTW...I flew from Norwich. It was fantastic. So much less hassle than heathrow and a much nicer place to say goodbye (or arrive into)

It does cost more but no hassle of getting to LHR and the awfulness of terminal 3 or whatever it is.

We went KLM to Schiphol and then Kuala Lumpur, then malaysian.
I love the food on Malaysian....mmmm
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

We have always flown Singapore from Manchester with just the 1 stop in Singapore. However, I have been looking to book November and now find they are coming down in Munich for a short time but I doubt you would be able to get off.

SQ327
MAN 08:40
MUC 11:40

SQ327
MUC 12:50
SIN 07:55
+1Day

SQ281
SIN 08:45
+1Day AKL 23:25
+1Day
2 stops

SQ327
MAN 08:40
MUC 11:40
SQ327
MUC 12:50
SIN 07:55
+1Day
SQ285
SIN 21:05
+1Day AKL 10:45
+2Days

2 stops.

When we go on the 23rd Jan we could have got flights cheaper with other airlines but because of the 1 stop we chose Singapore. I doubt we will be flying with them next time we will look for the cheaper options.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bolton1
Hi
Hi bolton1,
Just noticed you flew on 16th August, same day as us!
Where did you fly from? We flew on A380 Airbus too! We might have even been on the same plane!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi bolton1,
Just noticed you flew on 16th August, same day as us!
Where did you fly from? We flew on A380 Airbus too! We might have even been on the same plane! __________________

Hi RobDon
We flew from Manchester - Dubai - Sydney - Auckland - It was a great flight - OH hates flying & even he said that it was good ! Noticed you are in Roturua we have been over there lots lately -Polynesian Spa ( twice) & Luge ( big queues). Its lovely
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
Forget Qantas and BA - they are substandard airlines.

Air NZ, in my opinion, is one of the best out there, you won't go wrong with them.
Trust me, QANTAS is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Air NZ (IMO). They are way more professional and nicer. Now I use Air NZ (domestic) cos Qantas gone - to be honest, I actually find it gross - sorry, I really do. last time when I fly back to Welly, they did not even provide us coffee & tea. I was pretty mad tho. cos I expected to have a nice morning coffee..
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Trust me, QANTAS is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Air NZ (IMO). They are way more professional and nicer. Now I use Air NZ (domestic) cos Qantas gone - to be honest, I actually find it gross - sorry, I really do. last time when I fly back to Welly, they did not even provide us coffee & tea. I was pretty mad tho. cos I expected to have a nice morning coffee..
Try flying trans-tasman on an ageing 737/767 with no IFE - you'll change your opinion.

Qantas are an very arrogant airline, and their drop in service over the last 10 years has been incredible - they were one of the best back then. Even most Australians only fly them as a last resort these days. They pretty much treat NZ as a domestic service and use the oldest planes.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:56 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Malaysian via Kuala Lumpur for the larger seat spacing.....food was excellent like the service.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

Flew with Air NZ in economy class in Nov/Dec from London to Auckland via Hong Kong. We got 2 meals on both legs of the journey, and in between the meals there were snacks & drinks (crisps, biscuits, fruit, soft drinks, water, wine) available in the galleys. So in total you get 4 meals plus snacks on your way to NZ, and if that's not enough food for the hungry hubby, you can eat at the HK airport during the 1,5 hour stopover.

We really liked Air NZ. Food was nice, the attendants friendly and the IFE really good. The service was relaxed and friendly but very effective and the announcements were very informative without the usual blah-blah routine. For once I think everyone on the plane understood the instructions.

Edit: We also took altogether 4 Air NZ domestic flights, and I have to say that the service on domestic flights doesn't compare to the one on international routes. During domestic flights all you seem to get is a snack (crisps or cookies, sweets) and some water, but on the other hand the flights lasted only about an hour or so, so there wasn't really time for anything else. Friendly service also on domestic routes.

Last edited by Mgee; Jan 30th 2010 at 5:41 pm. Reason: added stuff