Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Feeling The Pinch?

Feeling The Pinch?

Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling The Pinch?

Originally Posted by whitesand
A good way to save money is to buy your fruit and veg from the Asian shops instead of the supermarkets. They are much, much cheaper. I can't believe what the supermarkets charge for their vegetables and fruit when I check their prices. Also, does anyone shop at Countdown, considering their high prices on everything?
I never buy veggies at the main supermkts. Most of my shop is done at Woolworths but I shop in bulk when things are really discounted. I very rarely pay full price for ought. For example when sachets of greek yog mix were half price I bought 40..ditto with b/beans, free range back..well anything. I buy discounted and I buy big. Only ever buy wine that has over 40 % off. Buy all my milk at a special discount store ($3.05 for 2 litres) where I also get parma ham for $28 a kg..it is normally $80. Get my soft cheese there too its about half the price of Wollies over the road. I then have an asian store where I source a whole load of other stuff that is soooo much cheaper than the supermkts. I also have an indian shop where bargains can be got. Canny shopping, keeps the wife happy. Its her money after all.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:33 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Was wondering how you're getting on with the cost cutting Loolah?

Seen the new ad campaign http://www.whatsmynumber.org.nz/ urging folks to check if they're getting the best value from their present power supplier.

I may be cynical but have to wonder whats in it for the Government to invest $15 mill in the campaign
I looked at this website and it estimated a really big saving for me. But just before I went to complete changing over I suddenly remembered the Trustpower cheque that we get each year which would have wiped out that saving.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 11:46 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitesand
A good way to save money is to buy your fruit and veg from the Asian shops instead of the supermarkets. They are much, much cheaper. I can't believe what the supermarkets charge for their vegetables and fruit when I check their prices. Also, does anyone shop at Countdown, considering their high prices on everything?
we do shop at woolworths, but that's because I do internet shopping to get it delivered. I have approximately 27'459'093'397 steps to my house and so for me it's worth it not to have to carry it all to my house. I do a big shop every couple of months, but do tend to stick to homebrand stuff for most things.

We'll be looking to buy a house t the end of the year and if access permits, I'll be back to pak n' save for my shopping.