Wikiposts

FAT NZ

Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FAT NZ

this of course would be a popcorn moment if I hadn't eaten it all.

I think that it is very complex.
Like most issues, the simplest answer is to focus on the individual. It is the individual's fault for their misfortune. Yes some poor souls have "legitimate" reasons for their largesse, but most have become fat due to their lack of self control, stupidity, fatalism and greed.
This is a great way of absolving govt of any responsibility.

Many people do not earn well enough to feed themselves and their families well. They live in areas where they do not have access to fresh fruit and veg, and do not have time to catch their own. It is easier and cheaper to buy takeouts and coke for the family than it is fresh produce and milk.
Some people's lives are that depressing that food is a source of comfort as they are never going to be able to afford the house, the nice car, the holidays. Food becomes a small good thing that can happen.

Fast food companies invest billions in convincing people that it makes good economic sense to buy their food to feed your family. They spend because it works. McDs sponsors little league football and hooks the kids early with the happy meals.

So sure, point the finger at the individuals, but also think about corporate and government responsibility.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I was referring to someone on pic and my friend's lady who can't even buy normal clothes at a shop - both serious cases. they eat far too much/unnecessarily than they need (think if they don't have MUCH money, no way become that big/yes, and my friend's lady makes Good money as I mentioned and I know she spends loads of money on foods + make cakes/dessert every weekends to feed her through the week... thats what I hear from my friend....) - I presume its a psychological issue. and part of depression isn't it. some ppl eat too much when they are stressed, but some don't eat at all.

I walked down to street on lambton Quay today, and rarely see over weight people - and they all dressed up very formally/nicely - not sure its "a Wellington thingy".
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

It's a well off thing.
You are much less likely to see volumes of obese people in affluent areas.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:46 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I was referring to someone on pic and my friend's lady who can't even buy normal clothes at a shop - both serious cases. they eat far too much/unnecessarily than they need (think if they don't have MUCH money, no way become that big/yes, and my friend's lady makes Good money as I mentioned and I know she spends loads of money on foods + make cakes/dessert every weekends to feed her through the week... thats what I hear from my friend....) - I presume its a psychological issue. and part of depression isn't it. some ppl eat too much when they are stressed, but some don't eat at all.

I walked down to street on lambton Quay today, and rarely see over weight people - and they all dressed up very formally/nicely - not sure its "a Wellington thingy".
that's what I like about Wellington
City lots of very dressed up people I've never seen people walking around with bare feet must be a wanganui thing
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by pricklykina
It's a well off thing.
Umm lots of homeless beggars though and only seen that in Wellington and Auckland
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

It's a well off thing.
it may sounds a bit strange, when I worked for the govt ministry, we,, didn't have anyone fat or similar... they all seem very healthy and well balanced and good looking and bright people - means they are smart enough to look after themselves - not only making very good money. my immediate boss making 150 k + a year, but hes a normal healthy smart lawyer (in his early 40's) - he's not fat.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 13th 2012 at 8:35 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

odd piccies taken on lambton quay

I do silly things occasionally.

I like the way people dress up here,,,, interesting. thats why I take pics sometimes when I am bored.
Attached Thumbnails FAT NZ-t-14.jpg   FAT NZ-t-13.jpg   FAT NZ-t-3.jpg   FAT NZ-t-1.jpg   FAT NZ-t-9.jpg  

Old Mar 13th 2012, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

more piccies
Attached Thumbnails FAT NZ-t-2.jpg   FAT NZ-t-11.jpg   FAT NZ-t-17.jpg   FAT NZ-t-20.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 14th 2012 at 12:43 am.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 5:46 am

Lovely pics I love Wellington makes me feel at home and people don't look at you because you dress up and make a effort.

Some of the people I know have said to me 'have you got a hot date' and you going somewhere special' nope it's the way I am and makes me feel good and I will never dress down!

Last edited by love30stm; Mar 14th 2012 at 6:08 am.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Laast time I went into Welly I met my hubby at the station and while waiting counted how many women were in black. Almost all of them, is that some kind of uniform or what. Colour, I love colour.
Kaz
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
BEVS is more charitable than me
Maybe I am more .......... something else.

Many people tend to look at an issue from inside their own skin & experiences, making comparisons, rather than step back to look at the greater picture. I don't know why.

I think that it is very complex.
Like most issues, the simplest answer is to focus on the individual. .
I agree. It is, overall, a very complex issue.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I feel this is similar to welfare issue somehow. as there's no best answer after all.

you may wonder (or don't want to understand) why fat people keep eating chocolate cakes and sweet pies etc, as myself been through some sort of mild eating disorder (habit of not eating + Zinc Deficiency lately) -- but not too seriously, just have to make an extra effort to be at a healthy weight (20 kg + extra,,,) and yes I am much weaker than average people however. from time to time I have experienced this symptoms,,, even if I want to increase food intake, it upsets stomach and often get nauseous. ok.. people don't' eat much - stomach has shrunk and also hard to digest rich taste foods (salmon etc,,) ,, so usually can't eat much,,, whether you want to or not. . its getting out of your control as time goes by - basically your body doesn't response to it normally like you think. Not easy.

I've got a couple of friends (MUST) eat cakes after lunch/dinner, and yes they are VERY fat but happy - you might think they seem silly/greedy/lacking of self control etc, but I actually do understand why they craving such things all the time - like myself as much as I don't want to or can't eat or both, its basically same thing - because their brains are wired differently and make them feel hungry all the time and not satisfied after eating .. and their stomach has stretched/bigger and their brain tell you to eat more and more.. again you can't control yourself - its like an addiction.

You really can't explain it unless you have been through - its unbalanced brain chemistry you know. no point blaming.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 14th 2012 at 11:00 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

- it's unbalanced brain chemistry you know
Yes.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 14th 2012 at 9:44 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

stomach has shrunk and also hard to digest rich taste foods (salmon etc,,) ,, so usually can't eat much,,,

and

their stomach has stretched/bigger and their brain tell you to eat more and more.. again you can't control yourself - its like an addiction.

You really can't explain it unless you have been through - its unbalanced brain chemistry you know. no point blaming.
It's entirely in the brain - the stomach is totally incapable of shrinking or getting stretched, it stays largely the same throughout your entire life, unless you have some sort of stomach reduction surgery.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

CC. <wee snip>

You seem to have food issues that may need professional help sorting out.

< wee snip>

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 15th 2012 at 12:32 pm. Reason: I'm not at all sure about this . Links removed for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.