extra baggage

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: extra baggage

Ach well,just a thought! Will just have to be vigilant over the next couple of days

Phyl x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Caz/Cheryl

Can I ask if the prices dropped at a certain time of the day? I am thinking that if they open for business NZ time then maybe the prices change then or does it make any difference? Just a thought. Have a window open on the mac and checking it every 10 mins or so at the mo £2607 to HCH then £182 to Dunedin for 2 adults 2 children. Watch this space

Wonder why you get double allowance via LA but nowhere else. Does not seem fair to those of us who want to avoid USA like the plague

Phyl x

It was a sunday we booked ours around 2pm ... its the law over that side apparently , no luggage above 20 kilo nothing to do with airnz or any companies... years ago you could get double but they have slowly brought this down to nothing..

we flew via la and we didnt have a prob in and out of la airport in an hour that included having a drink, yea we had a queue and we were at back of it and waited around 30 minutes ,we really didnt want to go that route either but had to for allowance and that was with a 2 year old and it was fine.. our biggest wait was in aukland and that was with us going to the front of line, but there was loads with kids that were upto front to so just another big line was made lol.. but the queue with out kids was massive i dont know how they made there coneccting flight
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

If you're flying AIRNZ I thought the internal flights were "free"? Can you not book direct through to Dunedin with one flight?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:19 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK the internal flights to Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch are free, but there is a small cost to the regional airports. Still cheaper than booking it separately though. You should definitely be able to book the flight -at least on airnz's site - through to Dunedin.

Oh, and yes, seats on flights get 'released' at various times which means that you can look at a website and find the cost of the air ticket changing throughout the day.

Part of this is dependant on travel agents and whether they book the flights through their allocation or a separate method. But you know how you can go to a travel agent and they will tell you they have 'held' the ticket for you? These are the tickets that get released, often later the next day. The travel agent could have a lower fare which they are holding. They release that and it becomes eligible for you.

Like I said though, it also depends on their allocation. I think (think) that they mainly use allocated seats for their package deals. Sometimes however they delve into them for their promotions to simply sell cheap air tickets.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt know anything about a free flight when we booked as im sure the cost was in the breakdown. The reason we booked it as 1 whole flight was so that we got the whole baggage allowence from start to finish of the journey otherwise we would have had 20 kilo from glasgow to heathrow the 46 kilo from then on ... we were 15 kilo over and it came up as 600 and odd pounds for xtra but the girl called and that was because it was showing as 20 kilo each and we were due 46 so what they did was put it through as an extra peice and we were charged 39 quid which i thought was fair
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute
If you're flying AIRNZ I thought the internal flights were "free"? Can you not book direct through to Dunedin with one flight?
We are stopping off in CHCH for a few days. Cannot get the promo discount if I book the flights through multistop on the website,so still save money booking CHCH seperate as opposed to direct to Dunedin.

Phyl x