extra baggage

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Question extra baggage

Hi all,

We've booked to fly out to NZ via Hong Kong & I don't think they allow extra baggage for passengers who are emigrating...am I correct in saying this?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: extra baggage

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Hi all,

We've booked to fly out to NZ via Hong Kong & I don't think they allow extra baggage for passengers who are emigrating...am I correct in saying this?
Hi,

We are booking with AirNZ if you go via LA you get extra baggage allowance. (If you go via HK with them you dont)

Karen
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi,

We are booking with AirNZ if you go via LA you get extra baggage allowance. (If you go via HK with them you dont)

Karen
Well that's just poo!

O well, I'm not complaining too much 'cos at least we got a good deal on the flight, ie price, 4 seats together, direct flight....can't have everything can I? Although it would be nice

Thanks anyway Karen...when are you going?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that is correct, we too are flying AirNZ via Hong Kong and I checked with them, you are only allowed 20kg each and 7 kg hand luggage.

We packed our bags before we sent our container and we packed as if we were going on a 8 day holiday and no more. We are without our 'house' for 10 weeks, we are in week 3, but not too bad, just washing alot of clothes.

All the best, When are you flying?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

We're flying on 14th Feb (with AirNZ)

We were originally planning on taking airbeds & allsorts to last us till our container arrives! Looks like we're gonna have to condense it down a bit & add even more to the container...gonna end up leaving something...like you did with the settee!

When do you fly?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Well there's no point in me ringing and begging then is there! I'm going to be starting my new job 10 days after we arrive and have no idea how to get a work wardrobe and normal wardrobe into one suitcase for 6 weeks. Looks like hubby is having one pair of shorts and a Tshirt in his case
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you know, that's exactly what I said to my OH...but it's nothing to do with work clothes...it'll be shoes mainly...o & 1/2 a dozen or so handbags!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

We're flying on 14th Feb (with AirNZ)

We were originally planning on taking airbeds & allsorts to last us till our container arrives! Looks like we're gonna have to condense it down a bit & add even more to the container...gonna end up leaving something...like you did with the settee!

When do you fly?
15th March to Christchurch, I will be the one with the red puffy eyes and a soggy hankie, because our flight isn't until 9pm, we will have a few hours to say goodbye to family, but i would rather get up and go.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's just poo!

O well, I'm not complaining too much 'cos at least we got a good deal on the flight, ie price, 4 seats together, direct flight....can't have everything can I? Although it would be nice

Who did you book your flights with? We are trying to sort ours out just now and are waiting on airnz calling us back as we are trying to use a promotional code(obtained from another forum ) to see how much we can save.

Phyl x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Phyl,

I booked our flights with Air NZ online...I used the promo code mov**** & basically just kept checking the prices every 10mins or so. They do change...every now & then...they drop the price on one particular departure date, then 20 mins later they put the price back up again!

We're going on the 14th Feb...the price was £2600(ish) to begin with...I kept looking, then it suddenly dropped to £2051...this is for 2 adults & 2 kids! That's when we booked it...20 mins later, it went back up to £2855!!

You have to be really vigilant, but you CAN get a bargain!!

Good luck, Cheryl x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know, that's exactly what I said to my OH...but it's nothing to do with work clothes...it'll be shoes mainly...o & 1/2 a dozen or so handbags!

im with you on this one i ended up with only about 20 pairs of shoes or there abouts and maybe 10 bags .. rest coming in conatainer , to be honest all ive wore are flip flops.... oh you can buy a queen air bed from k-mart for around 40 bux ,

caz
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Phyl,

I booked our flights with Air NZ online...I used the promo code mov**** & basically just kept checking the prices every 10mins or so. They do change...every now & then...they drop the price on one particular departure date, then 20 mins later they put the price back up again!

We're going on the 14th Feb...the price was £2600(ish) to begin with...I kept looking, then it suddenly dropped to £2051...this is for 2 adults & 2 kids! That's when we booked it...20 mins later, it went back up to £2855!!

You have to be really vigilant, but you CAN get a bargain!!

Good luck, Cheryl x
this is what happened to us.. it was at 2700 for ages for us 2 and lucy then it dropped to 2070 so we booked plus we had a code so got them all for 1800 .. def all about the timing

caz
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

I think i struck lucky with timing and promo code from move2 website. Think the codes only valid til 31st Jan thougth. Someone told me Quantas have got good deals from May onwards.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Caz/Cheryl

Can I ask if the prices dropped at a certain time of the day? I am thinking that if they open for business NZ time then maybe the prices change then or does it make any difference? Just a thought. Have a window open on the mac and checking it every 10 mins or so at the mo £2607 to HCH then £182 to Dunedin for 2 adults 2 children. Watch this space

Wonder why you get double allowance via LA but nowhere else. Does not seem fair to those of us who want to avoid USA like the plague

Phyl x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Phyl,

We first noticed the price drop at 10pm, but it was at about 2pm when we booked them...so I suppose it can be any time of day that they feel like!

Cheryl x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.