Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

End of year reports

End of year reports

Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:16 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: End of year reports

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Jan started the year with great intentions of moving things forward at work, but since Feb 22nd has found herself reacting to a new situation rather than leading. Since then she has been trying to see opportunity out of a crisis and towards the end of this year this is now coming through, finally.

Her personal levels of fitness were pretty dismal at the beginning of the year, which is now being addressed. She has stuck to her regime of three visits a week to the gym and is reaping the fitness rewards, but if she wants to lose those extra few kilos that seem to bother her, she needs to think about cutting out a luxury food item. Like wine.

For a difficult unexpected year at work, B+
For not losing those few kilos E-
That whole weight thing is so depressing. Do all the right things, live in denial, lose a few kilos, then eat a mars bar and put it all back on! Ok, well it seems like that.

Harsh marking - glad you are not my teacher.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:47 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'd like to see her knuckle down, find some worthwhile employment, take up a hobby that does not include alcohol, cigarettes, boys or singing in to wooden spoons. I will not hold my breath.
Isn't it strange how we form a mental picture of the people on the forum - never had you down as a smoker. Me too. Gave up 12 months ago, using an e-cigarette - they really work, but don't stop the nicotine addiction so when I couldn't get the fluid in NZ, started on the real ones again. You can get the fluid without the nicotine in NZ, but ones containing nicotine are banned. But you can buy the nicotine patches, which I found a little bizarre.

When my grandfather-in-law died, the cause was cited as smoking related. He was 97 - just how long were they expecting him to live!

And that is not an advocation (that came up as the wrong spelling, but checked and it appears to be alright, but not sure if it is a word which can be used in that context) for smoking. Wished I didn't, don't ever start etc.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think if I had been asked at xmas 2010 what the worst possible scenario could be for 2011 it would not have come close to the actual events.
Found out wife was, lets be polite and say being less than truthful, split up, got depressed After several weeks of being miserable, decided to
pack up and move on to bigger and hopefully better things. It was at this time I found out I had some really good friends and invested more of my time in them. Also discovered I am very good at making new friends and meeting women is not as scary as I thought it would be.
And so I set out with new found confidence, a shiny new motorbike a whole country of women to meet and conquer and a smile on my face.
To date I've barely scratched the surface on the women front ( with so many it was always gonna take time) but the smile is still there, I have my own
beach and life is good.
On the negative side I'm still waiting for Jennifer Aniston to call, I have a duck who thinks its ok to stroll into my house whenever I open the door
and I still miss my little dog who now lives with broomhilda.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I lost the dog in the divorce

To quote Del Boy "wimmin are dodgy"