British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   End of year reports (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/end-year-reports-737928/)

sheene Nov 5th 2011 4:57 am

End of year reports

Come on, it is that time of year.

Achievements, effort, targets for improvement etc.

Lets keep it realistic, say, 100 words max, and it may be easier to write it as if someone else is writing about you, if you see what I mean.

sheene Nov 5th 2011 5:09 am

Re: End of year reports

It has been a difficult and challenging year for Andrew, with many changes, both personally and professionally. He has made some good progress , taking on board new concepts and strengthening some weak areas, especially in time management and meeting deadlines. He still needs to try and listen more, and not to get bogged down with incidentals. He can have a tendency to be overly argumentative, but is trying to be more accommodating of alternate viewpoints. I would like to see him finishing some of the projects he has started – perhaps less time on the computer forums would help. A transitional year.

Bo-Jangles Nov 5th 2011 9:06 am

Bo-jangles started the year well with some good intentions and created an impressive budget spreadsheet and list of 1001 things to do in 365 days. We were pleased to see some significant thought and effort went into the early planning stage; resulting in a well thought out range of varying tasks from the mundane cleaning out the bottom of the pantry, to some personal goals, rewards and a difficult stretch challenge to save enough money to buy a new car.

This has however proved somewhat overambitious for Bo-jangles given the current economic climate and has been what some might consider to be an epic fail overall, with only 20 items making the status of substantially achieved.

The major highlights from the substantially achieved items have been the find a new job project and get get a new hair style task. The get a new wardrobe project is still largely ongoing and the cleaning of the bottom of the pantry was finally completed last week, with the ceremonial dumping of one very large jar of soggy pickled onions; washed down the waste disposal unit with three old bottles of stale beer.

C-

Stormer999 Nov 5th 2011 10:25 am

To admitting to having STALE beer.......E-........:sneaky: can't be that expensive in NZ then......:rofl::p

sheene Nov 5th 2011 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 9716001)
Bo-jangles started the year well with some good intentions and created an impressive budget spreadsheet and list of 1001 things to do in 365 days. We were pleased to see some significant thought and effort went into the early planning stage; resulting in a well thought out range of varying tasks from the mundane cleaning out the bottom of the pantry, to some personal goals, rewards and a difficult stretch challenge to save enough money to buy a new car.

This has however proved somewhat overambitious for Bo-jangles given the current economic climate and has been what some might consider to be an epic fail overall, with only 20 items making the status of substantially achieved.

The major highlights from the substantially achieved items have been the find a new job project and get get a new hair style task. The get a new wardrobe project is still largely ongoing and the cleaning of the bottom of the pantry was finally completed last week, with the ceremonial dumping of one very large jar of soggy pickled onions; washed down the waste disposal unit with three old bottles of stale beer.

C-

just wonderful.

Persephone Nov 5th 2011 11:24 am

Persephone has had a rollercoster of a year but overall her performance has been good. There was a very noticeable dip in her general outlook and demeanor after February 22nd [mainly due to external forces] but this has righted itself and I am pleased to say that she returned to her usual optimistic self after a few weeks. Overall she has coped well with the uncertainty of this year.
The slightly strange semi permanent job situation she has found herself in is becoming more reliable in terms of consistency of employment which has allowed her to pursue interests that fulfill and enrich her life. This has led to a more secure and less stressful Persephone and the change is definitely for the better when compared with a year ago.
Despite her slightly less conventional reasons for coming to NZ she is performing well and her reasons for coming to NZ have been vindicated [so far;)]

Bo-Jangles Nov 5th 2011 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9716075)
To admitting to having STALE beer.......E-........:sneaky: can't be that expensive in NZ then......:rofl::p

To be fair, it was some old crap packaged up as 'World Beers' that someone else offloaded onto us as a Christmas present. I do still have some standards left to uphold!

However, having said that, if I bought a box of 12 beers they would probably last for 12 months.

Stormer999 Nov 5th 2011 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 9716155)
To be fair, it was some old crap packaged up as 'World Beers' that someone else offloaded onto us as a Christmas present. I do still have some standards left to uphold!

However, having said that, if I bought a box of 12 beers they would probably last for 12 months.

OK just saved youself from homework.....A+....was that 12 months....:eek:

sheene Nov 5th 2011 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9716178)
OK just saved youself from homework.....A+....was that 12 months....:eek:

That's only one a month - that's not excessive is it?

Stormer999 Nov 5th 2011 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by sheene (Post 9716186)
That's only one a month - that's not excessive is it?

According to the NZ panel doctor Yes..............:rofl:;)

sheene Nov 5th 2011 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9716228)
According to the NZ panel doctor Yes..............:rofl:;)

That's me done for the next few years then. Can you do offsetting - promise to only drink when sober?

lardyl Nov 5th 2011 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by sheene (Post 9715828)
It has been a difficult and challenging year for Andrew, with many changes, both personally and professionally. He has made some good progress , taking on board new concepts and strengthening some weak areas, especially in time management and meeting deadlines. He still needs to try and listen more, and not to get bogged down with incidentals. He can have a tendency to be overly argumentative, but is trying to be more accommodating of alternate viewpoints. I would like to see him finishing some of the projects he has started – perhaps less time on the computer forums would help. A transitional year.

seems like we were twins seperated at birth............

butterfly mind - yes
completer finisher - no

at least I know why now

Jan n Neil Nov 5th 2011 6:31 pm

Jan started the year with great intentions of moving things forward at work, but since Feb 22nd has found herself reacting to a new situation rather than leading. Since then she has been trying to see opportunity out of a crisis and towards the end of this year this is now coming through, finally.

Her personal levels of fitness were pretty dismal at the beginning of the year, which is now being addressed. She has stuck to her regime of three visits a week to the gym and is reaping the fitness rewards, but if she wants to lose those extra few kilos that seem to bother her, she needs to think about cutting out a luxury food item. Like wine.

For a difficult unexpected year at work, B+
For not losing those few kilos E-

Am Loolah Nov 6th 2011 10:00 am

I always find it hard to write reports for pupils such as Am Loolah. In fact, I find it depressing. Such a waste of potential in one of her age. (I'd like to say one of my "mature" students, but the words "Am Loolah" and "mature" are not applicable in the same sentence.)

I honestly had hoped after a pretty dismal 2010 that 2011 would be her year to apply herself and shine. Sadly not. It seems her mission in life is to continue to start projects and not finish them, continue in a haphazard way through life and constantly forget to apply any common sense when faced with fairly mundane, everyday situations.

The only positives I can think of for this year for Am Loolah are her continued optimistic outlook (although this may have something to do with the many empty wine bottles I found in her locker during inspection) and her ability to laugh at herself. Which really isn't actually much of an achievement when everyone else is laughing at her anyway.

I'd like to see her knuckle down, find some worthwhile employment, take up a hobby that does not include alcohol, cigarettes, boys or singing in to wooden spoons. I will not hold my breath.:sneaky:

sheene Nov 6th 2011 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 9717352)
I always find it hard to write reports for pupils such as Am Loolah. In fact, I find it depressing. Such a waste of potential in one of her age. (I'd like to say one of my "mature" students, but the words "Am Loolah" and "mature" are not applicable in the same sentence.)

I honestly had hoped after a pretty dismal 2010 that 2011 would be her year to apply herself and shine. Sadly not. It seems her mission in life is to continue to start projects and not finish them, continue in a haphazard way through life and constantly forget to apply any common sense when faced with fairly mundane, everyday situations.

The only positives I can think of for this year for Am Loolah are her continued optimistic outlook (although this may have something to do with the many empty wine bottles I found in her locker during inspection) and her ability to laugh at herself. Which really isn't actually much of an achievement when everyone else is laughing at her anyway.

I'd like to see her knuckle down, find some worthwhile employment, take up a hobby that does not include alcohol, cigarettes, boys or singing in to wooden spoons. I will not hold my breath.:sneaky:

Sounds pretty balanced to me - and in this world we live in - that is massive.