Reload this Page >

Driving standards in NZ

Driving standards in NZ

Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Driving standards in NZ

Originally Posted by Charismatic
You'll have to make me a better offer, I'm still flaccid .
Silly arse.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Nope, its not.

Its "I am a total and utter tosser behind the wheel because I know better than you and DID NOT NEED any driving lessons (virtually nobody does here in the land of the looooong endless car crash). Until recently I was allowed to drive shortly after my 5th birthday or theresabouts and driving over here is a bloody RIGHT mate not something you earn like in Europe. The authorities in NZ don't take driving seriously anyway so why should I? I don't need insurance and when I get pissed and drive (because I will) I can buy my licence back if I need it for my job. She'll be right mate. Oh, and the 400 or so deaths on our killing fields? Collateral damage mate. Sweet as."

Everything about driving and the way it is approached in NZ is utter and complete shite!! And to think it was a kiwi who split the atom. These days I don't think they could split a coconut.
We dont agree on many things but that is spot on

Dont forget the dozen or so unpaid speeding tickets on the back seat, "I'll wait till it reaches 5 grand then appeal I cant afford it and get it cut to $200"
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
We dont agree on many things but that is spot on

Dont forget the dozen or so unpaid speeding tickets on the back seat, "I'll wait till it reaches 5 grand then appeal I cant afford it and get it cut to $200"
Most of them seem to get totally wiped out..I heard of one knob who racked up $27k's worth and then they got written off. You and me? $80 unpaid fine?? We would end up with the baliffs on the door step eh? This stupid little place beggars belief some times. I have to say if it were not for my kids I would not be here in NZ.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
The single biggest deterrents in the UK have been shame and peer pressure not to be a dick, along with this would be the fear of loss of licence and inability to work if you are banned.

None of these deterrents exist in NZ.
Don't know how BJ but you seem to have seen things I have never seen in a lifetime in NZ.

Funny that

What I did see over the years working in operating theatres in the UK is that there seemed to be as many idiots per population as what I saw in 35 years as an OT nurse in NZ.

Keep dreaming your dreams.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Maybe they're finally realising how bad it is, main story on the NZ Herald App.

http://nzh.tw/10783288
I drive one of those blue and white milk tankers for a living. I got my truck licence here in NZ anfd well paid too. I get to see fantastic scenery and with almost no stress EXCEPT for the Kiwi drivers! They are so bad Ive bought myself a dash cam for the truck and I am keeping some of the major driving howlers I see every day! Unbelievable!,
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:54 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Don't just tell us, YouTube them! I love an idiot.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 6:44 pm
Banned

gowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nice

Originally Posted by PaulGent
I drive one of those blue and white milk tankers for a living. I got my truck licence here in NZ anfd well paid too. I get to see fantastic scenery and with almost no stress EXCEPT for the Kiwi drivers! They are so bad Ive bought myself a dash cam for the truck and I am keeping some of the major driving howlers I see every day! Unbelievable!,
I got a dash camera as well for the same reason. The one day the missus drove the car that did not have the dashcam would have been real 111 stuff footage and good training material. So now we have two and one gets flipped into the work vehicle because when I am working I seem to see the worst of driving habits.

Originally Posted by NakiMan
Getting back to driving standards, a friend of mine (an auto electrician) has the perfect answer to tailgaters

He has a switch on his dashboard which, when pressed, turns on the brake lights. If he gets 'gated, he pushes the button and hits the gas.

The confusion and look of panic is a joy to behold
Own a European Car then you just flick on the rear fog lights!

On a side note I am soooo looking forward to the 25th March

Last edited by gowron; Feb 16th 2012 at 6:48 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:59 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

The dash board camera has become the norm here in commercial vehicles to help the insurance companies fight back against 'whiplash fraudsters' that fake accidents to travel along the 'personal injury claim' route. The insurance companies estimate that these cheats put £90 on every persons policy by their deceit...........
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Followed a police car home yesterday. The police officer driving it indicated incorrectly at two roundabouts & was driving well over 60kmh in a 50km area.

Speaks volumes to me. Of course the excuse for the speeding will be that he was on his/her way to a call
Old Feb 18th 2012, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Followed a police car home yesterday. The police officer driving it indicated incorrectly at two roundabouts & was driving well over 60kmh in a 50km area.

Speaks volumes to me. Of course the excuse for the speeding will be that he was on his/her way to a call
Absolutely! I have seen NZ plod tail gate like a tail gating person. Professional drivers? Mickey mouse more like. Oh no, another whinge..NZ police are in no way as professional as UK ones in general terms. UK plod are way sharper and smarter looking too..and that is saying something beacause out of all the euro cops I always felt we looked the most shite when it came to our garb..but the kiwi cops REALLY take the biscuit!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 12:48 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I saw someone on the motorway yesterday pull out to overtake with no signal just as a Police car was about to pass with lights all going. Clearly never looked in the mirror!!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:09 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely! I have seen NZ plod tail gate like a tail gating person. Professional drivers? Mickey mouse more like. Oh no, another whinge..NZ police are in no way as professional as UK ones in general terms. UK plod are way sharper and smarter looking too..and that is saying something beacause out of all the euro cops I always felt we looked the most shite when it came to our garb..but the kiwi cops REALLY take the biscuit!
Yup the protection we Brits get on the street are second to none, smart, fit, agile and able to get to the next McDonalds in record time.....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1329552468
Attached Thumbnails Driving standards in NZ-fatties.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Nope, its not.

Its "I am a total and utter tosser behind the wheel because I know better than you and DID NOT NEED any driving lessons (virtually nobody does here in the land of the looooong endless car crash). Until recently I was allowed to drive shortly after my 5th birthday or theresabouts and driving over here is a bloody RIGHT mate not something you earn like in Europe. The authorities in NZ don't take driving seriously anyway so why should I? I don't need insurance and when I get pissed and drive (because I will) I can buy my licence back if I need it for my job. She'll be right mate. Oh, and the 400 or so deaths on our killing fields? Collateral damage mate. Sweet as."

Everything about driving and the way it is approached in NZ is utter and complete shite!! And to think it was a kiwi who split the atom. These days I don't think they could split a coconut.
While I would not say my husband is a 'total and utter tosser', I do agree that it is culturally the norm not to have lessons from a paid instructor. Both my husband and all of his friends who drove learnt from any old friend or relation who was willing to teach them, picking up their bad habits along the way. At 15 years old that is scary!
It wasn't until he came to the UK that he picked up any good road sense and is now a very good driver to the point of being annoying, but safe all the same.
The worst bit about any trip the see the rellies in NZ is not the airport or the flights etc. It is the mother-in-law driving us from the airport. She was the one who 'taught' my husband.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Yup the protection we Brits get on the street are second to none, smart, fit, agile and able to get to the next McDonalds in record time.....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1329552468
Be fair, they are just pretend Plod......not real wooden tops.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

out of all the euro cops I always felt we looked the most shite when it came to our garb..but the kiwi cops REALLY take the biscuit!
Nah, Italian cops have a really shite get up, they make ours (uk) look like uber fashion cops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.