Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dog Friendly rentals?....Yea RIGHT!

Dog Friendly rentals?....Yea RIGHT!

Old Oct 11th 2010, 7:32 pm
Newbie in New Zealand

Nelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to all
Default Re: Dog Friendly rentals?....Yea RIGHT!

Originally Posted by helinuk
In 2007 we rented a bach in Mt Maunganui for 7 weeks that allowed us to have our dog there when we first arrived in NZ.
It was a 3 bedroom bach used by the owner who also had a dog. When she went away she rented it out.
We rented it through Eves rental office in the Mt.
Renting long term was another story- we couldn't find a rental that would accept us with the dog so we ended up buying a house within 8 weeks of arriving in NZ.
Helen
OMG hope we aren't forced to do that with the c**p exchange rates at the mo.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nelly Trolley
OMG hope we aren't forced to do that with the c**p exchange rates at the mo.
Try looking in Omokoroa, there are quite a few rentals available, through an agent or on the notice board by the chemist, and being 'bach' type might allow you to have a dog. (It's a 20 min drive into Tauranga) lovely beach for walking dog.
If you would like any help I could have a look for you.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 9:30 am
Just Joined

leelob is an unknown quantity at this point

When my husband and I were living in New Zealand we took over our two rotties as the Company my husband had a job offer with said they were dog friendly. We had a major problem getting into rental property but luckily found a newish place, although it was in the middle of nowhere so making friends etc was difficult - it was good to have the space for the dogs but I would advise to really look into it before taking them over...it was really stressful for them travelling and for us but it all worked out in the end.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 11:32 am
Newbie in New Zealand

Nelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helinuk
Try looking in Omokoroa, there are quite a few rentals available, through an agent or on the notice board by the chemist, and being 'bach' type might allow you to have a dog. (It's a 20 min drive into Tauranga) lovely beach for walking dog.
If you would like any help I could have a look for you.
yes I like Omokoroa. If you see anything please let me know. I have been on holiday homes today and emailed loads of owners. I emailed settlement services for migrants in Tauranga and she is also looking for me.

We are considering leaving our dog in UK until February but I am concerned about the impact this is likely to have on her. She could stay with my parents.

What do you think?
Old Oct 12th 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

yes I like Omokoroa. If you see anything please let me know. I have been on holiday homes today and emailed loads of owners. I emailed settlement services for migrants in Tauranga and she is also looking for me.

We are considering leaving our dog in UK until February but I am concerned about the impact this is likely to have on her. She could stay with my parents.

What do you think?
I'd say our dog was fine with the travel and loves running on the beach and being with us!
I'll go to the notice board after work and get back to you x
Old Oct 13th 2010, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

the only properties on the notice board today are a 2 bedrm and 1 bedrm cottage.
I went into the First National agents in Omokoroa and spoke to Shonagh Harris, she suggested you look on the website www.omokoroafirstnational.co.nz
She said : Don't be put off by 'no dogs' - often owners will accept you if you have a 2 references, one from work and one from estate agent, either a rental or the agent who sold your house and they can say your house wasn't ripped up by the dog
If I see any new adverts I'll PM you
Helen
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:49 am
Newbie in New Zealand

Hi Helen

I am so overwhelmed that you would do this for me. Thank you so much.

A 2 bed cottage might suffice when we first arrive the kids could double up as they usually do on holiday.

I have emailed Shonagh as there are some lovely properties in Omokoroa and the views are amazing. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks Ellen