Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Royal Brunei Airlines ?????

Royal Brunei Airlines ?????

Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Royal Brunei Airlines ?????

Hi All

Anyone flown with Royal Brunei Airlines ????? (think they are a dry airline ) What are your experiences......... am trawling through flight prices for end Dec/Jan and some of the flight costs are especially for family of 5.. trust us to be looking at coming at most expensive time of year.!!!

Cheers
Lou
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:14 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Royal Brunei Airlines ?????

Originally Posted by louloumama
Hi All

Anyone flown with Royal Brunei Airlines ????? (think they are a dry airline ) What are your experiences......... am trawling through flight prices for end Dec/Jan and some of the flight costs are especially for family of 5.. trust us to be looking at coming at most expensive time of year.!!!

Cheers
Lou
I haven't flown with them for over a decade, but yes they are a dry airline.....however I would fly with them again if the ticket prices were significantly cheaper than with other carriers (especially if you need to buy 5 tickets!!).

Here are recent passenger reviews (and their ratings) of Royal Brunei:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/rba.htm

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 6:34 am
Just Joined

abbey_o is just really niceabbey_o is just really niceabbey_o is just really niceabbey_o is just really niceabbey_o is just really niceabbey_o is just really niceabbey_o is just really niceabbey_o is just really niceabbey_o is just really nice
Default Re: Royal Brunei Airlines ?????

Hi Lou, I flew with them 8yrs ago and they were dry then, also when I stayed in brunei overnight there was nothing there. Am flying with them again in 2 weeks but t.g am only in airport for 2 hrs, managed to get flight for £850 return, had just missed out on the £700 by a week. Check with trailfinders online, as they do tend to advertise cheapest flight available and are good to deal with. Good luck. abbey
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

Cheers
Lou
We (2 adults a 4yr old and a 2yr old) flew out to NZ with RBA in September last year... yes they are a dry airline... they were (then at least) also exceptionally good value too.

Their service was fantastic and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Though I would say that we're looking to book flights back to the UK in April next year (a relative is getting married) and although RBA are still considerably cheaper than other airlines, its considerably more expensive to fly back to the UK than it was to fly out this time last year... perhaps it's a sign of the times though!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

They always seem to be the cheapest and I had no complaints when I went back last time.
Travelling back in a couple of weeks and my return flight is with Royal Brunei. Get what you pay for. It's a cheap flight but I have a 10 hour wait in Brunei. Apparently there are some good trips I can do.
Last time it was cheap (went both ways with them) but had 3stopovers,although not for long each time. Auckland, Brisbane,Brunei,Dubai then Heathrow.
Cheapest time to travel seems to be October.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Many thanks all for your input..... I did look on the airline reviews (recommended by Englishmum) and several posts saying how the inflight entertainment was not working ..... bit worrying as with 3 kids this could be a bloomin nightmare not worth thinking about !!!

However not ruling them out and it will come down to costings eventually - if anyone spies any good flight deals around January time to Auckland would appreciate any tip offs

thanks all for your help
x
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:20 am
Just Joined

stellios is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks all for your input..... I did look on the airline reviews (recommended by Englishmum) and several posts saying how the inflight entertainment was not working ..... bit worrying as with 3 kids this could be a bloomin nightmare not worth thinking about !!!

However not ruling them out and it will come down to costings eventually - if anyone spies any good flight deals around January time to Auckland would appreciate any tip offs

thanks all for your help
x
Hi We flew with them to Brisbane in the summer and they were fine. We found the food perfectly ok and didn't miss the alcohol. In flight entertainment was great too and all working! They were hugely more affordable for us which in a group our size (6) is everything.