Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The cost of Living in NZ?

The cost of Living in NZ?

Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The cost of Living in NZ?

Nah, I reckon the French know they have the best food, great culture, great scenery, good weather and fab wine. So they stay put!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by whitesand
Nah, I reckon the French know they have the best food, great culture, great scenery, good weather and fab wine. So they stay put!
Well I for 1 love a good heated debate.....especially with a bit of pizza.... and a glass of plonk :-)
Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Would that be Kiwi plonk!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 7:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It will be the best plonk for the least amount of NZD on special.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 8:10 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
It will be the best plonk for the least amount of NZD on special.
pizza from dominos on superspecial with heaps of vouchers.
One of the things that is cheaper in NZ than the UK - probably due to the slave wages paid.

Thanks Mr Key, now that these slaves are to be paid at super minimum wage for 6 months not 200 hours - trust your mates can make more dosh out of the poor sods.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 8:30 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they are where they want to be cause they're all immigrants?
Wikiquotes have plenty along the lines of:
The French people were born of a Christian mother and an unknown father... I say unknown father because France is a nation of immigrants and always has been.

And the French themslves say
À chaque oiseau son nid est beau.
Every bird thinks his nest the finest - are some people on here actually French?
Old Oct 29th 2011, 8:37 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
Maybe they are where they want to be cause they're all immigrants?
Wikiquotes have plenty along the lines of:
The French people were born of a Christian mother and an unknown father... I say unknown father because France is a nation of immigrants and always has been.

And the French themslves say
À chaque oiseau son nid est beau.
Every bird thinks his nest the finest - are some people on here actually French?
Metisse - the UK heritage.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Would that be Kiwi plonk!
any i'm really not fussy ...what ever is on special at tesco's but i am partial to a nice rijoca .....
Old Oct 29th 2011, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

You never get many French moving from France. Why do you think that is?
Because they have a summer? I would never have left Scotland if it had some decent weather rather than the perpetual cloud!
The UK is the best place in the world (IMHO) apart from the weather and the crowds and all the other crap things about it - like litter! Litter in NZ stands out as it is rare.
By-the-way, I remember travelling through France as a child in the holidays and being warned to watch out in the lay-bys for the crap, as the French have a penchant for crapping by the side of the road!
Which brings me nicely on to the public toilets in NZ, lots of them, always clean and with toilet paper! Bliss!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Which brings me nicely on to the public toilets in NZ, lots of them, always clean and with toilet paper! Bliss!
Yes - even in the smallest town! I certainly noticed that when travelling with my English mates over the last month.

I think there should be a compulsory charge for Europeans using NZ public toilets. Only fair.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 9:13 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Hey DC10. I was responding to this, but nice attempt to present another, completely different argument.

I still think 6th largest source country is quite impressive - far more than Germany, Italy for example.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Hey DC10. I was responding to this, but nice attempt to present another, completely different argument.

I still think 6th largest source country is quite impressive - far more than Germany, Italy for example.
Er... so was I

The point is that there really isn't a very big French expat community, certainly compared to Brits abroad.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 4:54 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Language is probably an issue. They tend to emigrate to French-speaking former colonies.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 4:28 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
Language is probably an issue. They tend to emigrate to French-speaking former colonies.
YEs, this is why Canada is popular. Also they have the right to have their children schooled entirely in french here - paid for by gov't.