Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Including the car on the container

Including the car on the container

Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:33 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Including the car on the container

We have decided to take the car over and from what I ascertained from the movers it was quite a simple task. As the car is registered 2005 I just needed to fill it some engine details and things would be ok but having had a quick look at NZ Transport Agency its seems I might need an accessor to do a report on it. ??

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default Re: Including the car on the container

All cars need to be certified/inspected when they come into NZ, this is done by an approved certifier (e.g. AA, VTNZ), the NZTA fact sheets have all the details. This is after the car has been inspected by MAF & Customs.
The factsheets explain the different categories that your imported car might fall into, one of these categories is, IIRC, 'immigrants vehicle' where the car doesn't have to meet such strict type approval standards as a regular import. How ever if your car has the appropriate certification from meeting the tests and the correct type approval number then it wouldn't need to be in that special category.
Simonsi wrote a good summary of importing his car about a year ago (maybe) which helped me, I recommend you search for it.
John.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:00 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks John, have been trying to search but am not getting very far as can't seem to find out how you search for a certain post from certain person and Simonsi has posted quite a lot .
Husband has contacted AA in NZ and they have emailed over some questions and have asked for V5 and the E number from chassis so hopefully we are on the right road, , now
Old Oct 30th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

Hi, try this...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688355

John.