Coronavirus

Old Sep 30th 2021, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Olivia_Brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coronavirus

Coronavirus......Such a common topic to discuss these days, right?
Oh God! Is there any chance of ever getting freedom from the covid-19 risk?
Old Sep 30th 2021, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olivia_Brown
Coronavirus......Such a common topic to discuss these days, right?
Oh God! Is there any chance of ever getting freedom from the covid-19 risk?
As a Research Analyst you probably should be aware that we have vaccinations that will provide freedom from covid-19 risks, just a shame we haven't developed vaccines that protect us from spam but I guess we have all learned to live with that, as it is now endemic.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 1:30 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
19 today, that's Goodbye Teens #19.
We'll, this is awkward, in bingo you don't get the same number twice but it's the same again today.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 1:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I appreciate the 1pm podium updates from the assorted figures. I can choose to tune in or not depending . No-one is welding my eyes to the screen or gluing my ears to the sound.
At least I can hear direct rather than having to read or listen to newshub or newstalk & the like.

This tail is long sadly. I do feel for all those in the Auckland area .

Old Oct 1st 2021, 1:50 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
As a Research Analyst you probably should be aware that we have vaccinations that will provide freedom from covid-19 risks, just a shame we haven't developed vaccines that protect us from spam but I guess we have all learned to live with that, as it is now endemic.
I don't mind if people are anti-vaccination. Just unvaccinated adults should have the decency to stay at home if they are dieing of Covid-19 and not hog hospital beds. What I don't want are loads of stories about people who shunned the vaccine overloading the health system.

I apologise if that sounds hard nosed but every choice has a set of potential consequences. Death is a very serious consequence, they choose if they accept that risk.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 2:04 am
`

I don't mind if people are anti-vaccination. Just unvaccinated adults should have the decency to stay at home if they are dying of Covid-19 and not hog hospital beds. What I don't want are loads of stories about people who shunned the vaccine overloading the health system.

I apologise if that sounds hard nosed but every choice has a set of potential consequences. Death is a very serious consequence, they choose if they accept that risk.
Yup matey. Yup.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Olivia_Brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
There is a difference between learned to live with that and having to learn living with that. In my case, its the second one. I lost my dear ones in this pandemic last year and even in this year that its just too hard for me to consider it an endemic and live with that forever. As a research analyst, I know vaccinations are available but vaccinated people are still getting affected due to their careless and reckless behaviors.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 4:24 am
`

There is a difference between learned to live with that and having to learn living with that. In my case, its the second one. I lost my dear ones in this pandemic last year and even in this year that its just too hard for me to consider it an endemic and live with that forever. As a research analyst, I know vaccinations are available but vaccinated people are still getting affected due to their careless and reckless behaviors.
Why are you posting to the New Zealand thread rather than to the Oz threads of which there are a fair few.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

We'll, this is awkward, in bingo you don't get the same number twice but it's the same again today.
Yeah, that is awkward, sounds like someone made a mistake yesterday and put the number back in the bag!

Elsewhere at the podium more of the same (sorry to plagiarise Greta Thunberg response):-
- zero cases, blah, blah, blah
- eradication, blah, blah, blah
- 90% vaccine rate, blah, blah, blah
- covid 19 toolkit, blah, blah, blah
Old Oct 1st 2021, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind if people are anti-vaccination. Just unvaccinated adults should have the decency to stay at home if they are dieing of Covid-19 and not hog hospital beds. What I don't want are loads of stories about people who shunned the vaccine overloading the health system.

Absolutely
Old Oct 1st 2021, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

From the UK, the vaccination doesn't prevent you from catching or transmitting Covid variants, but does vastly improve your chances of survival, and generally results in minor or no symptoms.

The asymptomatic bit makes it very difficult to track who might be infected, though.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Its nothing todo with behaviours or reckless.
If a vaccine isn't a 100% full proof. more like 60-70% after 3 months of the 2nd vaccine depending on the make of the vaccine. even with 100% vaccine rate your still going to have 1ks of cases but they will all be vaccinated people as the pop is 100% vaccinated.
The thing is it reduces your chances of becoming seriously sick and dieing from the virus and reducing the overall spread of the virus and keeping that magic R number down.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

There is a difference between learned to live with that and having to learn living with that. In my case, its the second one. I lost my dear ones in this pandemic last year and even in this year that its just too hard for me to consider it an endemic and live with that forever.
Fortunately in the case of the latter, when endemic, the defences are heightened and we learn to spot those that display the symptoms even when they try very hard to hide it.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
From the UK, the vaccination doesn't prevent you from catching or transmitting Covid variants, but does vastly improve your chances of survival, and generally results in minor or no symptoms.

The asymptomatic bit makes it very difficult to track who might be infected, though.
Indeed, the vaccinated having mild/asymptomatic Covid and still being able to pass it on has been known for ages, makes the vaccine stroll out here so much exasperating.

These ‘world leading’ vaccination rates here in early September here should have been months earlier.

Meanwhile today’s gateway to heaven #27
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 5:52 am
`

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Hopefully the UK track and trace has been much improved and people are doing this everywhere they go still.

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Indeed, the vaccinated having mild/asymptomatic Covid and still being able to pass it on has been known for ages
As was informed from the NZ podiums you so dislike. Hence the push for track and trace which everyone in NZ should have been doing diligently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.