Coronavirus

Old Sep 21st 2021, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Charismatic
23 today, still tracking along within the expected range.
I heard some expert say that it will take 2 weeks before we know what effect Auckland going down to Level 3 will have. Will the numbers go up, stay the same or maybe down if higher vaccination numbers start taking effect?
Old Sep 21st 2021, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethwm
I'm reasonably optimistic that we won't see the level of tragedy that other countries have experienced, provided we can get to about 90% vaccination. I think we are already over 75% first jab for everyone over 12 years old and you'd think just about all of those will get a 2nd.

Then there's 2nd generation vaccines on the way nest year. I remember early on, people were saying 'Just open the borders, there will never be a vaccine.' But people underestimate how many clever people there are in the world these days. Being patient is they key IMO. I hate to think what would have happened if someone like Mike Hosking or David Seymour had been in charge. Probably 10000 deaths by now. This situation was made for a great communicator like our current PM.
Current rates are 62% / 34% and as expected Maori and Pacifica lagging behind.

Our current PM, her hesitancy and poor leadership is the main reason we are still in this ridiculous position..
As for being a great communicator, most of what comes out of her mouth is complete bullshit
Old Sep 21st 2021, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol

Our current PM, her hesitancy and poor leadership is the main reason we are still in this ridiculous position..
As for being a great communicator, most of what comes out of her mouth is complete bullshit
someone else that can see sense.

All the we wont ever jeopardise a kiwi life before money. it was all good when it worked. Now 5 weeks later the mood in the beehive has changed and there gambling big time now.

The reason they have no vaccines. they were scared to pump money into it to start with. UK euro and USA all pumped money into the development of the vaccines and companies and backed the companies to make them. So they had first pick on the vaccines.

I says 5 weeks ago a level 4 lockdown is pointless a level 2-3 type lockdown is what's needed and try to maintain low levels of the virus instead of zero.

Same as people moaning about social distancing. there 30-50k cases in UK every day and I never see anyone ever wearing a mask or social distancing. Sooner or later your going realise it's alot of bollocks and you need to just get on with it or face bankrupting the country.

The big problem I keep saying to you guys but it doesn't sink in. Is NZ has done absoulte nothing to prepare for the first wave which looks like it's going come in next 6 or 8 weeks. The UK and the euro countries have invested heavily and been riding the waves for 18 months.

NZ has to find a happy medium level that won't collapse there limited health service. will keep in the country moving instead off locking it down on level 4. It will take a bit of tinkering to get it right and a few mistakes on the way. I reckon another 12 to 18 months of level 2-3 type lockdowns.

You will need to go round the Maori and islanders houses to get them off there arse and vaccinated in South Auckland.

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 11:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by garethwm
I'm reasonably optimistic that we won't see the level of tragedy that other countries have experienced, provided we can get to about 90% vaccination. I think we are already over 75% first jab for everyone over 12 years old and you'd think just about all of those will get a 2nd.

Then there's 2nd generation vaccines on the way nest year. I remember early on, people were saying 'Just open the borders, there will never be a vaccine.' But people underestimate how many clever people there are in the world these days. Being patient is they key IMO. I hate to think what would have happened if someone like Mike Hosking or David Seymour had been in charge. Probably 10000 deaths by now. This situation was made for a great communicator like our current PM.
Yes. Absolutely.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 1:08 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

14 today, not great...not terrible.
23 today, still tracking along within the expected range.
15 today, that's 'Young and keen' 15.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv5116
someone else that can see sense.

All the we wont ever jeopardise a kiwi life before money. it was all good when it worked. Now 5 weeks later the mood in the beehive has changed and there gambling big time now.

The reason they have no vaccines. they were scared to pump money into it to start with. UK euro and USA all pumped money into the development of the vaccines and companies and backed the companies to make them. So they had first pick on the vaccines.

I says 5 weeks ago a level 4 lockdown is pointless a level 2-3 type lockdown is what's needed and try to maintain low levels of the virus instead of zero.

Same as people moaning about social distancing. there 30-50k cases in UK every day and I never see anyone ever wearing a mask or social distancing. Sooner or later your going realise it's alot of bollocks and you need to just get on with it or face bankrupting the country.

The big problem I keep saying to you guys but it doesn't sink in. Is NZ has done absoulte nothing to prepare for the first wave which looks like it's going come in next 6 or 8 weeks. The UK and the euro countries have invested heavily and been riding the waves for 18 months.

NZ has to find a happy medium level that won't collapse there limited health service. will keep in the country moving instead off locking it down on level 4. It will take a bit of tinkering to get it right and a few mistakes on the way. I reckon another 12 to 18 months of level 2-3 type lockdowns.

You will need to go round the Maori and islanders houses to get them off there arse and vaccinated in South Auckland.
Just as well you're not running the country, eh?
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 2:41 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

It's the retired age group upwards that I'd be worried about. When you look at the statistics it becomes apparent that the risks for young folks are fairly negligible. We have to plough our limited time and effort in where it will have the most impact
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 3:08 pm
`

It's the retired age group upwards that I'd be worried about.
Ta. But many of us are vaxxed . Age brings wisdom and good sense. It's the reluctant that it is best to worry about.

When you look at the statistics it becomes apparent that the risks for young folks are fairly negligible.
I am not sure this is correct overall. There again I suppose it depends by what you mean by 'young' and also 'risk' .
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 3:10 pm
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Just as well you're not running the country, eh?

I know. Astonishingly deaf ears there.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 4:31 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ta. But many of us are vaxxed . Age brings wisdom and good sense. It's the reluctant that it is best to worry about. I am not sure this is correct overall. There again I suppose it depends by what you mean by 'young' and also 'risk' .
Over 65s predominantly:

​​​​​​
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

166 covid deaths in the UK yesterday (Wednesday). https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58653494
Despite the inconvenience I am glad NZ has followed a different track.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 5:46 pm
`

Over 65s predominantly:

​​​​​​
That seems to be for the UK and will relate to that country's overall haphazard , flip flop, approach from the outset.

I live in NZ which approach has been and is entirely different.

Be concerned for certain types of NZ groups/communities here certainly . For the reluctant are the ones that bring the virus to other people's doorsteps.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 22nd 2021 at 5:53 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol

I agree, today’s daily kindy podium session another case in point.

The over top model presentation with 7,000 annual CV19 deaths with 75% double jabbed, scaremongering.

Level 4 supposedly not in the tool box kit if we reach 90% vax’d, well if we’d gone hard n early with the vaccination, it would’ve remained in the toolbox.

As it is, level 3 is no stroll in the park, and it’s Lockdown 5 Day 37 and overall Day 118 in Auckland in L3 or above since last March.

Yep, great response last year, asleep at the wheel this year.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
I agree, today’s daily kindy podium session another case in point.

The over top model presentation with 7,000 annual CV19 deaths with 75% double jabbed, scaremongering.

Level 4 supposedly not in the tool box kit if we reach 90% vax’d, well if we’d gone hard n early with the vaccination, it would’ve remained in the toolbox.

As it is, level 3 is no stroll in the park, and it’s Lockdown 5 Day 37 and overall Day 118 in Auckland in L3 or above since last March.

Yep, great response last year, asleep at the wheel this year.
I don't know about the the over the top presentation of 7k. England will average 40-50k deaths a year as standard with the vax rate and everyone is happy with it.

Its bull shit about the level 4 with 90% thou. if they were that worried they would have kept it in level 4 till the vaccine programme was 80% fully jabbed.
They come out the level 4 as they are going bankrupt the country with there over the top reaction to a few cases that they now realise cant control and cant maintain.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 7:53 am
Truth is the safest lie.

This may really surpise people but I was also an anti-vaxxer once. I vehemently opposed the battery of shots I had for mumps, measles, rubella, tetanus, polio etc. I was forced to take by the state. Later on I realised that it had actually been a good thing that I had been vaccinated.

Kindergarten really changes a person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.