Coronavirus

Old Mar 14th 2020, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by grant r
Thanks, yes I've had a great time and the weather has been kind to me aswell.
Yes it sucks...... but it would suck more if I was stuck here for however long (work and money wise) so best to be safe than sorry.
He mate. Great to meet you last weekend. Hope you got to see a bit of NZ and managed to do some touristy things.
Any clearer whether you're gonna try to come out here more permanently - did you manage to speak to any employers or recruiters ?
Was gonna ask if you wanted to go for a few scoops Sunday evening but that not gonna happen if you've gone
Good luck with the journey. Hopefully you'll get back easily.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 2:36 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Probably the US and a few European countries.
Looks like our sixth case was a man who returned from the US with the disease so we are already getting a little behind the curve.

As an aside I note that several experts in the US have stated that testing within the country is inadequate. Still, with Mike Pence in charge, perhaps they can avert this with thoughts and prayers? When I saw the ban on European travellers (later clarified that Trump should have said "Schengen area" but cocked up the speach) I did think that it may well be a blessing for the EU in a few months.

I was very impressed with German Chancellor Angela Merkle actually. She told a hard truth without hesitation, flinching or aggrandisement. In 30 seconds she provided more crystal clear insight and instruction than many leaders have managed in weeks. The benefits of having a very experienced leaders and former scientist at the helm I suppose.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
He mate. Great to meet you last weekend. Hope you got to see a bit of NZ and managed to do some touristy things.
Any clearer whether you're gonna try to come out here more permanently - did you manage to speak to any employers or recruiters ?
Was gonna ask if you wanted to go for a few scoops Sunday evening but that not gonna happen if you've gone
Good luck with the journey. Hopefully you'll get back easily.
Hiya, thanks for coming out to meet me, yes if I had been about I would of met you for a drink or 2 but I'm now at the airport lol thought it best to get out of Dodge and back home b4 the whole world shuts down lol I'm going to discuss some things with my kids and see what happens with my life after that.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 11:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mishclark
Enjoy your trip! I'm off there tomorrow (was meant to be Tuesday but I changed it) and I have to be there a month for training etc anyway so not too bothered.

Flights have been quite empty from what I've heard but I'll take the necessary precautions. I try to avoid being near people anyway...
My flight out on Friday was full. It made good time and I was able to get to the University of western Sydney in time for a book launch.
Despite the rubbish weather I'm having a lovely time chatting to my dear friend and catching up on stuff.
I fly back on Tuesday and then have to go into self-isolation for 14 days!!!! Bit of a pain but it is what it is. I'm quite interested to know how the Government plans to enforce this, as I'm sure some people won't comply.
Hope your training goes okay, more places are announcing shut-downs in the Sydney area apparently.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 11:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
My flight out on Friday was full. It made good time and I was able to get to the University of western Sydney in time for a book launch.
Despite the rubbish weather I'm having a lovely time chatting to my dear friend and catching up on stuff.
I fly back on Tuesday and then have to go into self-isolation for 14 days!!!! Bit of a pain but it is what it is. I'm quite interested to know how the Government plans to enforce this, as I'm sure some people won't comply.
Hope your training goes okay, more places are announcing shut-downs in the Sydney area apparently.
I thought of you when I saw that the NZ government now requires everyone to isolate themselves. Hope you've got plenty of wine in!

Scouse and I have cancelled our Europe and Asia trip, we were due to fly out in just over 4 weeks. I couldn't think of one good reason to deliberately travel to the epicentre of a pandemic. Will lose some money but that's life.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I thought of you when I saw that the NZ government now requires everyone to isolate themselves. Hope you've got plenty of wine in!

Scouse and I have cancelled our Europe and Asia trip, we were due to fly out in just over 4 weeks. I couldn't think of one good reason to deliberately travel to the epicentre of a pandemic. Will lose some money but that's life.
Thankfully I have plenty of wine in and gin too! Though I'm wondering if I should top up with more at duty-free . I don't regret coming because chatting to my dear friend has helped me feel much better in just 24 hours.

I'm so sad that you've had to cancel your holiday, though it's the right thing to do. Real bummer that you lose money but your health is far more important. The whole Covid-19 thing sucks.
The OH has said that he's giving me a room at home to self-isolate in. It will contain a bed and have some water for me to drink and then he'll post a round of toast under the door periodically. He's all heart . He won't be finding this so funny when he has a grumpy wife suffering from cabin fever.

Old Mar 15th 2020, 12:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Taken from stuff so cannot vouch for the accuracy of the reporting:
...tested by Queensland Health after returning from a trip to France, but flew to New Zealand before receiving results...
...he learned he had tested positive while having breakfast with his son at a Wellington cafe.
Self-isolation now includes international flights and visiting cafes?
Old Mar 15th 2020, 12:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully I have plenty of wine in and gin too! Though I'm wondering if I should top up with more at duty-free . I don't regret coming because chatting to my dear friend has helped me feel much better in just 24 hours.

I'm so sad that you've had to cancel your holiday, though it's the right thing to do. Real bummer that you lose money but your health is far more important. The whole Covid-19 thing sucks.
The OH has said that he's giving me a room at home to self-isolate in. It will contain a bed and have some water for me to drink and then he'll post a round of toast under the door periodically. He's all heart . He won't be finding this so funny when he has a grumpy wife suffering from cabin fever.
That sounds like a wonderful friendship

Laughing at your OH's 'care' plan for you If he's not careful his grumpy wife with cabin fever will throw his round of toast at him and tell him where he can stick it. They're buggers aren't they!

Scouse's idea to make up for a two month holiday overseas is a week holiday in Albany, staying with his mate. He (the mate) does have a nice house with a deck overlooking the harbour but he also has political and social views that are the polar opposite of mine, so we usually spend most of our time drinking wine and arguing in a manner that's both convivial and furious. Scouse just sits back and enjoys the show.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Oz today, not supposed to go back to Chch till after Anzac day so I'll self isolate if I have to. There's a cask of white waiting for me 😁

I'm on the Central coast seems ok here, most of my learning is online but I have to do work experience in blocks here, I'll just wait and see.

Hope you enjoy your visit 😊

​​​
Old Mar 15th 2020, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

I was supposed to head back to England for a family surprise in Easter.

Sadly that has now been cancelled. Thankfully all fully refunded from my travel insurance provider.

It's a shame as I was looking forward to surprising the in laws for a couple of weeks but given the potential restrictions upon returning, its best not to proceed. I just hope they don't catch it given that they both suffer respiratory issues and well my father in law is very sick.

All my foreign business trips have been cancelled, which to be honest I'm relieved at.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:58 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Air NZ already "in talks with the government", 85% of international capacity removed and shares suspended. Another "too big to fail" about to ask for tax payer dollars?

Also RBNZ belatedly shaving 75bps and talking about "asset purchases."
Old Mar 16th 2020, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Rumour has it that the election may be brought forward

Excellent. One good piece of news from this would be seeing Simon Bridges face when the people's republic of China party loses the election again.

but the roads, the roads 😆😆
Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:47 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom H
Rumour has it that the election may be brought forward
thats not what Jacinda said at the press conference this afternoon. She said its to far in the future to be looking at it at this time as she had other matters to deal with
Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:55 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

so I sent an email request for repeat asthma pumps only for it to be declined.
apparently as I have asthma I am in the high likely to get Covid 19 so I need to book an appointment, sit in the waiting room with ill people and then have a chat to a Dr.

I responded that I have no intention in paying for and taking up a appointment for a repeat prescription to a standard medicine. I also stated that if he felt I was high likely to get Covid19 then surely I should not be putting myself in situation where I could catch it and that I should be given the asthma pumps to help with my breathing.

Tomorrow I shall be looking for a new surgery.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 10:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Tom H
...the roads, the roads 😆😆
Major announcement tomorrow on fiscal measures.

Because the virus is a shock the only measure I can think of would be to directly credit money to consumers accounts. More conventional tax cuts or spending would be far too slow to reduce the severity of the shock. Also there isn't the luxury of phasing in measures.

For example just one company, AirNZ, will fire about 30% of its workforce which means next month there will be about 3700 people that need re-employment in other industries. Multiply that across tourism and export businesses...we need a surge in demand within the workforce.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.