Coronavirus

Old Mar 20th 2020, 7:48 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Health Minister David Clark suggests that borders may not open for 3 months or longer
Old Mar 20th 2020, 7:51 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

David Clark was wearing a badge that had 1737 on it, not something I was aware of, I think because I was not in the country when it open after the ChCh earthquake.
  • Are you feeling anxious or just need someone to talk to? Call or text 1737
  • Are you feeling down or a bit overwhelmed? Call or text 1737
  • Do you know someone who is feeling out-of-sorts or depressed? Let them know they can call or text 1737
Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
I'm not seeing a problem here.
She has the flu, he doesn't, he will be fine unless he also gets the flu, in which case he will have the flu
With the flu she may be more vulnerable than usual, probably wise to not risk it and self isolate. He still doesn't have the flu and she still doesn't have covid-19.

Am I missing something....🤔
Sorry but yes!
Here in the UK some of those who think they have the flu actually turn out to have covid-19 and aren't tested until they are so sick they need hospital treatment!

Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Health Minister David Clark suggests that borders may not open for 3 months or longer

Yikes! At least where I live is fine in CHCH and I am staying with a friend if I'm going to be in Oz for a while.

Will be having my birthday trip to Wellington well later than June I think...
Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

John Mauldin wrote an excellent segment about how important it is to realise that time is our enemy. If we have to wait for a rising body count to take action the consequences will be more far reaching and longer lasting than they need be.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hallie_day
My husband was at his parent's last night when his twin brother turned up at the door and 'surprised' them.
Because we've been in the UK they haven't seen each other for 4 years so much hugging and drinking and catching up. They all had a late one and my husband ended up staying the night.
Which would be fine if my brother-in-law hadn't rocked up straight from the airport and an incoming flight from LA.

My father-in-law is 75 and has a heart condition, my mother-in-law is an ex nurse who should know better.
arghhhhh I realise it’s been 4 years, but how bloody stupid and inconsiderate!
Old Mar 20th 2020, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
arghhhhh I realise it’s been 4 years, but how bloody stupid and inconsiderate!
It gets worse.
My brother-in-law was on FaceTime with my kids last night and he told them he'd lied to customs. Told them he was going straight to the bach and self isolating.
He added it's all a fuss about nothing and will be over in two months.

I could cry. Unless we properly self isolate and social distance when the time comes, like the countries who have managed to control new cases (Singapore, Taiwan, HK), we are royally *****ed.

There's a brilliant daily podcast by the NY Times and one episode interviews an Italian doctor fresh off a 12 day shift. Utterly heart-breaking. Patients dying alone, doctors too busy to inform their families. He's in tears begging someone to provide then with a protocol for selecting who gets ventilators and who doesn't. Make no mistake, this is not the flu. Or the governor of NY on another episode basically saying ***** business, ***** everything the western world stands for. We need to stay at home.

I feel really angry about this. You can probably tell!
Old Mar 20th 2020, 8:28 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Just give a quick call to the local plod, explain the situation and suggest they "check up" on his isolation. 🙂
Old Mar 20th 2020, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It gets worse.
My brother-in-law was on FaceTime with my kids last night and he told them he'd lied to customs. Told them he was going straight to the bach and self isolating.

I could cry. Unless we properly self isolate and social distance when the time comes, like the countries who have managed to control new cases (Singapore, Taiwan, HK), we are royally *****ed.

There's a brilliant daily podcast by the NY Times and one episode interviews an Italian doctor fresh off a 12 day shift. Utterly heart-breaking. Patients dying alone, doctors too busy to inform their families. He's in tears begging someone to provide then with a protocol for selecting who gets ventilators and who doesn't. Make no mistake, this is not the flu. Or the governor of NY on another episode basically saying ***** business, ***** everything the western world stands for. We need to stay at home.

I feel really angry about this. You can probably tell!

hopefully someone will pick up on your post and inform immigration. Or better still...immigration will read it!!
Old Mar 20th 2020, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
Sorry but yes!
Here in the UK some of those who think they have the flu actually turn out to have covid-19 and aren't tested until they are so sick they need hospital treatment!
they would have needed hospital treatment anyway. Catching this early doesn't make a difference
She has followed all instructions from the govt. I'm sure when she completed the online stuff it would have said go to hospital or the doctors for a test, if it was deemed neccessary. However it didn't, probably because her answers didn't warrant it, due to her only having the flu.
If her symptoms change I'm sure a reassessment can be done if she informs a health professional.

Last edited by Justcol; Mar 20th 2020 at 8:55 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 10:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It gets worse.

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Just give a quick call to the local plod, explain the situation and suggest they "check up" on his isolation. 🙂
It isn't when the time comes. Your time has come NOW.

I'm 100% with Charismatic on this. YOU need to dob him in and do that right now. No asking or dithering. Just do it for everyone's sake.
If you've had direct contact you all go into self isolation NOW and let the correct agencies know this. No messing .

Old Mar 20th 2020, 10:56 pm
`

Originally Posted by Justcol
I'm not seeing a problem here.
She has the flu, he doesn't, he will be fine unless he also gets the flu, in which case he will have the flu
With the flu she may be more vulnerable than usual, probably wise to not risk it and self isolate. He still doesn't have the flu and she still doesn't have covid-19.

Am I missing something....🤔

Yes.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Day 6 of Oz self isolation: Cooked a vege curry from scratch, did some gardening, shared an enormous amount of funny memes on Facebook.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 4:27 am
`

Sod Level 2. Let's go straight to Level 3 and get on with the necessary.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Sod Level 2. Let's go straight to Level 3 and get on with the necessary.
Totally agree. .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.