Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can someone please comfirm that........

Can someone please comfirm that........

Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can someone please comfirm that........

Originally Posted by kwprwn
just in response to that last bit about onward tickets

I used to work in a travel agent and although the option about onward tickets is true, the onward tickets have to be to a country that you have a right to live in (or something like that)...just thought I would add that

dawn
I guess that you could resell the unused return portion of an Open Return ticket, but you will have to buy them first at a grossly inflated price, i can imagine an open return costs 1000s of GBPs. It would almost certainly be cheaper to get a fixed date return and throw away the return part, you could use the return if things didn't work out !
Other problems would be shipping your furniture, you will have to pay tax if you are not a Permanent Resident.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leighlou
sorry Kato33 - I had not read through the whole thread when posted the above, and now realised someone else too has suggested this - just ignore me!
I totally agree with you and happynz, BUT.........the OH will not go on without us. He doesn't use this site, luckily, but he just is not that sort of man to go get it. More like got up and went if you know what mean. He is so laid back he is asleep.

Laid back - yes
Fantastic Hubbie - yes
Relies on me totally - yes

Now I have said that I will not repeat it incase he joins. Knowing my luck he will somehow get to read that then the divorce papers will be coming through the post LOL

I would happily go it alone and then call for the rest of them.

Last edited by kato33; Jun 6th 2007 at 8:36 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:18 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kato33
Cheers for that. I fully expected a barrage of abuse for being a nut case.

LOL
If you think like that, then that is the reaction you'll get. Depression is very common and only people with half brains think it is in any way some kind of stigma. If you've received negative reactions from people before, change the people you know. And I too have suffered with it, and been on Prozac, and no, it doesn't hinder anything re. living in NZ - at least it didn't for me. Anyone who ridicules you for having depression needs a sharp stick.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
If you think like that, then that is the reaction you'll get. Depression is very common and only people with half brains think it is in any way some kind of stigma. If you've received negative reactions from people before, change the people you know. And I too have suffered with it, and been on Prozac, and no, it doesn't hinder anything re. living in NZ - at least it didn't for me. Anyone who ridicules you for having depression needs a sharp stick.
I didn't think for one minute that any decent people would. All those I chat to on here are brilliant, always helpfull and always pick me up when feeling down. But as you may or may not have experienced, some people do look upon us as slightly deranged when prozac is mentioned.
Its nice to know others that can admit to taking them.

Good news on it not hindering the NZ thingee. That was exactly the answer I was looking for so thank you very much Mazi. Hope your now out of the stage in life.

Nici
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:44 am
Account Closed

I didn't think for one minute that any decent people would. Good - decent people, hooray!All those I chat to on here are brilliant, always helpfull and always pick me up when feeling down. That's a great thing to hearBut as you may or may not have experienced, some people do look upon us as slightly deranged when prozac is mentioned.No, I always find if you speak about it in the same way as any other illness, people take it as any other illness. You get the odd one who looks askance but they are usually easy to spot by the sign on their heads that reads "I'm a complete thicko".
Its nice to know others that can admit to taking them. I take aspirin sometimes too - Prozac is no different to any other medicine

Good news on it not hindering the NZ thingee. That was exactly the answer I was looking for so thank you very much Mazi. Hope your now out of the stage in life.

Nici
I am out of it (at the moment - it comes and goes) - cos I moved to Italy! No, seriously, as I'm sure you well know, moving does not necessarily cure depression (unless it is purely of the reactive sort), but yes, things are Ok at the mo. Hope you're in a position of being able to get on with things in your life too (sounds like it).
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mazi
I am out of it (at the moment - it comes and goes) - cos I moved to Italy! No, seriously, as I'm sure you well know, moving does not necessarily cure depression (unless it is purely of the reactive sort), but yes, things are Ok at the mo. Hope you're in a position of being able to get on with things in your life too (sounds like it).
With manic depression you are always up and down (OH always thinks I mean something else when I use those words hehehe) but it will be nice to start over in another place where no-one knows my history. It does hang around forever, but alot of the time it is other influences, you know, family and sh*t that cause you to head back down, so with that view I think NZ will be the making of me and in turn the whole family.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:55 am
Account Closed

With manic depression you are always up and down (OH always thinks I mean something else when I use those words hehehe) but it will be nice to start over in another place where no-one knows my history. It does hang around forever, but alot of the time it is other influences, you know, family and sh*t that cause you to head back down, so with that view I think NZ will be the making of me and in turn the whole family.
Good - but just don't expect NZ to be a cure-all (though I'm sure you don't) - I knew someone who went to Oz thinking it would be good to get away from 'history' and lack of immediate problems would help - and it made him much worse as he realised it's in himself and he couldn't get away from himself. But that said, you sound like this is what you want so you'll probably make a good go of it and even the planning etc. may be helping. Lots of luck.

Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Hi Kato33 - just wanted to say that you have my admiration! It is not an easy thing to live with, depression. My sister lives with it and it just generally can make life a dull place at times. But you are being so positive and I genuinely wish you and your family all the luck in the world with your move. And, just remember that you are corresponding with a whole bunch of other mad people too on BE, all of whom are looking to move themselves/families to the other side of the world, or have done! Not a very sane thing to do really if looked at in the cold light of day hey!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:05 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are incredibly brave to say that on an open forum - well done you! {huge admiration for that girl!}
Hopefully people will be supporting of you - if not, why not?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karonious
I think you are incredibly brave to say that on an open forum - well done you! {huge admiration for that girl!}
Hopefully people will be supporting of you - if not, why not?
Thanks Leighlou, Mazi & Karonious.

Well if not supportive - sod 'em!!

Cheers for the positive messages. I know the wrong thing to do is run, but I am not running away from any one thing/person. Sometimes people find there head is so full of others problems that when their own come along, they cant cope. Other times, when you have nothing to worry about, you cant cope with that either if you know what I mean. Being in NZ is my IMMEDIATE family's wish and having only those people to concentrate on and our own worries with the move, I think life will be bliss. If not then I can always come on here to rant at you lot..........LOL

But seriously, cheers to you all. A well deserved pat on the back if we ever meet.

Nici
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Hi Kato33 - just wanted to say that you have my admiration! It is not an easy thing to live with, depression. My sister lives with it and it just generally can make life a dull place at times. But you are being so positive and I genuinely wish you and your family all the luck in the world with your move. And, just remember that you are corresponding with a whole bunch of other mad people too on BE, all of whom are looking to move themselves/families to the other side of the world, or have done! Not a very sane thing to do really if looked at in the cold light of day hey!
I think it hits most people in some way or another in their lives. All I can say to those who do suffer, keep smiling, someone else always has worse problems than you do. I live by a phrase my mother once said ( and she is one crazy muvver ) ............. Put you and your friends problems in a hat and you can be guaranteed that you would always rather pick your own back out. - well it was something along them lines.

Nici
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Your soooooooooo right. My best friends hubby has got cancer for 3rd time. He finds out tomorrow body scan results. You couldnt meet a nicer guy. Im so lost for words I just dont know what to say anymore. Keeping positive for them although she just text me that she petrified to get results. God luv em. As you say Kato............im happy to keep the deck of cards ive been dealt so far.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for us coming over on a visitors visa, the ball is rolling, the bubbly is going in the fridge to get cold... We've just accepted an offer on our house, from a lady who doesn't have a property to sell. So everything's looking up for us being there in August. Just gotta get that job now.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Well done & good luck to you both.......................
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:30 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jill1420
Well done & good luck to you both.......................
I'll second that one.

Good luck, Nici. We'll see you over there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.