Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really nice
Smile Re: Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Originally Posted by homesick harry
you'll do well here, you're head is up your arse & you're not listening to honest opinions.
i do work for a living, & no i cant afford a decent mattress here either.
Which of my honest opinions don't lie comfortably with you sweety?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

"you know you have been in NZ too long..."
When your debts get higher and your bank account goes lower..&
When a cheap labour job at Pak n Save sounds appealing
Old Dec 6th 2005, 1:44 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shepslady
lol must be sad to have to remind yourself who you are Kind of like how to influence friends & make enemies though. I would have thought one would never forget who they are or where they are from & would think one union jack would suffice Do know where your coming from though because over here so many houses fly the American flag outside somewhere. I dont have a problem with that at all seeing Hubby is American but if its good enough for him then its good enough for me & my NZ flag flies alongside his American one. Does cause quite a stir amongst the neighbours & annoys the heck out of me when they all refer to our house as the one with "The English" flag. I keep telling them its not bloody english but having the union jack in the corner blind sides them a little

Not that you want to please the yanks but how about flying the silver fern?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:02 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Not that you want to please the yanks but how about flying the silver fern?
Geeze are you a mind reader or what?? I got a parcel from my youngest son today & he put a lovely Black flag with silver fern & the word Loyal on it so it is now hanging outside with the others....that one is sure to make the neighbours wonder what it is huh?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:05 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Geeze are you a mind reader or what?? I got a parcel from my youngest son today & he put a lovely Black flag with silver fern & the word Loyal on it so it is now hanging outside with the others....that one is sure to make the neighbours wonder what it is huh?
They won't have a clue; it'll be a conversation starter.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:28 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

They won't have a clue; it'll be a conversation starter.
Your not wrong there but for anyone who watched The Americas Cup they might recognise it............

In my little box from home he also sent me a new NZ flag because he thought the one I had was getting a bit weather worn & he sent a couple of NZ CDs so I could keep up with NZ music so of course Dave Dobbyn is on it singing Loyal. Guess you could say Im feeling a little nostalgic tonight but have to love him for sending me a little of home huh?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:38 am
Member of Mumo-land

Your not wrong there but for anyone who watched The Americas Cup they might recognise it............

In my little box from home he also sent me a new NZ flag because he thought the one I had was getting a bit weather worn & he sent a couple of NZ CDs so I could keep up with NZ music so of course Dave Dobbyn is on it singing Loyal. Guess you could say Im feeling a little nostalgic tonight but have to love him for sending me a little of home huh?
We're all a bunch of homesick buggers where ever we maybe. Family's v. important. We're lucky if we're loved.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:43 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

We're all a bunch of homesick buggers where ever we maybe. Family's v. important. We're lucky if we're loved.
so true & this time of the year certainly adds to that doesnt it. Of course my youngest son has a birthday 3 days before Christmas so it always makes me feel so even more homesick, I just hate not being able to see his sweet face on his special day but the long chat on the phone always helps a little. Regardless of where we are from or where we are homesickness is the one thing that makes us all the same huh?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 3:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

... when that special meal is just not complete without a slice or two of beetroot.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 3:36 am
`

my NZ flag flies alongside his American one. Does cause quite a stir amongst the neighbours & annoys the heck out of me when they all refer to our house as the one with "The English" flag. I keep telling them its not bloody english but having the union jack in the corner blind sides them a little
Really? I find that most interesting. The yanks I have met and made aquaintance with have know the difference between the Union Jack of the U.K. , and the St.George , St.Andrew & St. Patrick flags.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

....when you stop moaning about fish and chip shops not providing vinegar
Old Dec 6th 2005, 5:19 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by xpat19
....when you stop moaning about fish and chip shops not providing vinegar
you dont blush when you ask for a "scoop" of chips

Old Dec 6th 2005, 5:23 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apollo10
Really? I find that most interesting. The yanks I have met and made aquaintance with have know the difference between the Union Jack of the U.K. , and the St.George , St.Andrew & St. Patrick flags.
I have to ask - WHAT is a St Patrick's flag?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty

Isn't it ornage and white with a green shamrock on it?

Gill
Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:13 am
`

Originally Posted by Batty
FHS. Will the St. Patricks cross suit you better? You know, the red and white standard . My family and school taught me this.

If still unsure & your family don't know , I am sure Google will help you out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.