Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Isn't it ornage and white with a green shamrock on it?

Gill
No.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:10 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apollo10
Really? I find that most interesting. The yanks I have met and made aquaintance with have know the difference between the Union Jack of the U.K. , and the St.George , St.Andrew & St. Patrick flags.
Having been here on & off for the last 5 years I guess we obviously move in different circles then huh cos I have yet to meet one "Yank" who knows the difference!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
A lot of us kiwis also spell it EH so guessing it just depends on where your from on how you spell it!!

I always thought EH was the equivelent of "what?"
and AYE was a word seeking agreement as in "hot today aye".
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:46 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelvynd
I always thought EH was the equivelent of "what?"
and AYE was a word seeking agreement as in "hot today aye".
As its a poorly used slang word I seriously dont think it matters how one spells it . I myself dont use it but did have several relatives who cant seem to finish a sentence without saying it & its always been one kiwi thing that has always grated on my nerves & something I have always thought of as being used by poorly educated people. Please keep in mind thats only my personal view so dont come down on me for it. Its also definately not something we are taught in school so the spelling does vary. Upon reflection I would think aye is probably the more correct but the use of EH is very common so who knows
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:38 pm
livewire

It's certainly a word that the most of the school children use, along with a lot of the little sayings from Bro Town.

Language is a fascinating thing isn't it? It evolves and changes all the time.

Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:42 pm
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by livewire
It's certainly a word that the most of the school children use, along with a lot of the little sayings from Bro Town.

yeah unfortunately sometimes it goes off in the wrong direction though!

Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:43 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Fascinating is right & not only the pronounciation of word but also the spelling. I will never get used to the American way of spelling. Some of my favourites are tire liter & center rather than tyre litre & centre..... Having just been sent a DVD of Bro Town I couldnt imagine young kids watching it let alone speaking like that....am so glad my sons are grown now & didnt have to go through all that!!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:47 pm
livewire

Lol!! when I first got here I couldn't even understand what they were saying in that cartoon.

Now I do, and I also laugh at the humour. Is this a sign that I've integrated into NZ society? I've passed the Bro Town test?

Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:52 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Lol!! when I first got here I couldn't even understand what they were saying in that cartoon.

Now I do, and I also laugh at the humour. Is this a sign that I've integrated into NZ society? I've passed the Bro Town test?
Lol maybe you have so you better watch yourself there
I too laugh at it but really thought it was an adult cartoon & have to wonder why parents are letting young children watch it?? My son (29) is laughing at me saying that & just told me Im showing my age now by saying that but some principles I have will never change & if thats showing my age then so be it
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:58 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I found myself laughing at the unfunny funny birthday cards the other day :scared:
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:16 pm
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by sky
I found myself laughing at the unfunny funny birthday cards the other day :scared:
thats nothing - i found myself laughing at an american sitcom yesterday afternoon.... :scared:

Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:27 pm
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

turkeytickler- u need help!! lol, just joking!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:28 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

God help you T.T. :scared:
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:28 pm
livewire

My kids are 10 and 12 and also laugh at The Simpsons so I'd say they have a pretty well developed sense of humour.

I'm a Southpark and The League of Gentlemen fan. In my youth I was glued to the set when Monty Python was on but my parents hated it and couldn't see the humour in it at all.

Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:54 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
Which of my honest opinions don't lie comfortably with you sweety?
Is your head actually up your ar*e or is that a metaphor?

Poo stained yoga

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.