3 Weeks In

Old May 2nd 2007, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Weeks In

Why is your car ugly?? Just wondering....

We have some pictures we took on Papamoa beach, it was nice. I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying it here so far.

Good luck with the house hunting!!

Sarah x
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well, so far, so good!

I would say holiday mode is now being replaced by resident mode - which our Bank Manager would say is a good thing!

The dogs both arrived safely and I can not recommend Airpets highly enough. Yes, 2 Dobermans to NZ is bloody expensive, but they made it straightforward and stress free. I only ever dealt with the same one person from her response to my initial email enquiry, through to being met at their kennels by Heathrow. This is good service! The dogs were disorientated and a little wobbly. They also then suffered a little with change in diet, but they seemed ok by week 2. I was surprised by how long it took them to recover!

Our rental where he agreed to take 2 dogs and 4 kids is excellent. The landlord is lovely and although on the expensive side, we felt it well worth it to go the extra mile and reduce the stress by having fully equipped and furnished. We have since heard of other people paying more for less because they left it until the very last minute! We got ours through book a batch.

We have been house hunting, so far without success. We narrowly missed out on a potentially leaky home after we had done some additional homework. The agent didn't seem surprised when we explained why we weren't going to make an offer! Hmmm!!! So we shall keep looking. We took the rental for a minimum of 8 weeks with the possibility to extend.

The downside being the primary schools here are zoned and we don't want to start 8 year old at the one the rental is in and then have to move him again. So, thus far, kids not yet at school. And they are getting fed up?! They want to go. Not to work obviously, but to meet other kids!

I am at college this week and next and it's all good. The Kiwi's seem to get some of my "humour" although I am aware of the odd, nodding, forced laugh and "Que?!" look from them - but this is no different to the UK! To get to college I am using PUBLIC TRANSPORT!!!!! I'm sorry, but having spent the last 9 years in the wilderness (Cornwall) this is a source of great joy to me! Although, sadly I note the buses have no bar and no First Class?

Hubby is enjoying telling everyone that he's a Kiwi in his Brummy accent. Or saying "Wellington" when they ask where he's from! Boys eh?!

So, I could write loads more, but I meant to just quickly say, so far, it's going well and is quite straightforward!

Oh, and we have purchased the ugliest car on the planet, much to the kids disgust!!! I think it's funny, it's like going out in your Gran's van, if she drove a van!?
Welcome.

Glad you made it safe and sound.....
Old May 6th 2007, 8:30 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Herm
Welcome.

Glad you made it safe and sound.....
Thank you.

Well, container delayed 2 weeks which is actually a good thing as we haven't got anywhere to move to yet!

Made a conditional offer yesterday on a place, should know today whether that's going to happen. Fingers crossed as I'm getting fed up with searching now!

The weathers fab again. Walked round the base track of The Mount yesterday with my 4 year old ... WE LIVE HERE!!!!!
Old May 6th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Hi Amloolah

Great to hear its goin well for you and your family.
we are goin on a 3 week tour in July to see if and where we would like to live (2 boys), we have to validate out visa by October.
What are the house prices like in the BOP and what do you think of the houses in general.

Good luck with house hunting

Jads and family
Old May 6th 2007, 10:35 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Thank you.

WE LIVE HERE!!!!!
Says it all doesn't it
Old May 7th 2007, 1:03 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you're settling in and that your doggies are okay.

I have to ask about the ugly car - what is it? NZ seems to have some of the ugliest Japanese cars I've ever seen, and some pretty atrocious American ones too.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:02 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

You're alive!!!!

I thought you'd drowned in bolly!!!

Good here innit??????
Old May 7th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyndi
Good to hear things are going well. Do you think you may become one of us happy clappy tree huggers then.
I am. A happy clappy, think NZ is the dog's spherical reproduction orbs, would not wanna live anywhere else. Sure its full of shit and problems but little if any of the aforementioned impacts us. NZ rocks rather a lot....even in supposedly dull ol' Palmy!!!!
Old May 7th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
I am. A happy clappy, think NZ is the dog's spherical reproduction orbs, would not wanna live anywhere else. Sure its full of shit and problems but little if any of the aforementioned impacts us. NZ rocks rather a lot....even in supposedly dull ol' Palmy!!!!
Good on you,Brother G.
Old May 7th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Good on you,Brother G.
Cheers Bro', good 'ere innit???? There's so much to do and such wonderful scenery too. The beach is never far, always empty and FREE to park. In 2 years been in 4 traffic jams!!!!! And I live in the crap bit!!!!!!!

Still love it to bits, aye? NZ has delivered ALL its dreams to us and many more....and we haven't even been to the south yet!!!!

Not everyone's cuppa, but sure pops my cherry and those of my 3 three littlies and Kate too!!!!

NZ, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! XX
Old May 7th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

What you on
I want some too

Kip
Old May 7th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Bro', good 'ere innit???? There's so much to do and such wonderful scenery too. The beach is never far, always empty and FREE to park. In 2 years been in 4 traffic jams!!!!! And I live in the crap bit!!!!!!!

Still love it to bits, aye? NZ has delivered ALL its dreams to us and many more....and we haven't even been to the south yet!!!!

Not everyone's cuppa, but sure pops my cherry and those of my 3 three littlies and Kate too!!!!

Same as us,bro.Can't wait-best thing we have ever done. Wouldn't swap it fer the lottery!!
Old May 7th 2007, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Oh you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit!!!!!!!! It just makes it harder on the rest of us still trying to get there!
Old May 7th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Oh you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit!!!!!!!! It just makes it harder on the rest of us still trying to get there!

She'll be sweet LL...we'll save some of the awesomness for you all (theres loads of it!!)...it is wonderland (even with all the horrid stuff that happened at the weekend) in my eyes..and other's eyes too apparently. Best thing I ever did too coming 'ere.........apart from marrying Kate of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:thumb up:
Old May 7th 2007, 7:45 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

She'll be sweet LL...we'll save some of the awesomness for you all (theres loads of it!!)...it is wonderland (even with all the horrid stuff that happened at the weekend) in my eyes..and other's eyes too apparently. Best thing I ever did too coming 'ere.........apart from marrying Kate of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:thumb up:
Dom, I've told you before........take your medication AFTER breakfast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.