Why do they bother?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by toandfro
actually a good point Aussies think the sun shines out of the arse but being inverted the way they are it shine in and fries their brains
PMSL
Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:46 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Its quite insulting to say that those that don't work are lazy good for nothings. What about those women chosing to stay home and bring up their kids, I can assure you they are not lazy.
Well arn't they by definition working then? Or did I just hit a raw nerve?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 2:33 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Well arn't they by definition working then? Or did I just hit a raw nerve?
Yes you did. I get fed up with generalisations about people who don't go to work, as in a paid place of employment.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:29 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Don't think Arkon ment stay at home mums you seem to have taken it out of context.
He/She has taken it out of context, I after all am a stay at home dad, I don't really go out to a proper place of work but I still find it possible to raise a child, do a bit of farming and a bit on my computer business and in amongst it all I manage to do the shopping, I only have time to visit 2 shops, woolies and Big W. So I'll say again for the hard of understanding....If I was a good for nothing lazy non working bum then maybe I'd have time to shop around for cheaper bananas.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

He/She has taken it out of context, I after all am a stay at home dad, I don't really go out to a proper place of work but I still find it possible to raise a child, do a bit of farming and a bit on my computer business and in amongst it all I manage to do the shopping, I only have time to visit 2 shops, woolies and Big W. So I'll say again for the hard of understanding....If I was a good for nothing lazy non working bum then maybe I'd have time to shop around for cheaper bananas.
thankyou for being a bit more specific.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I was in woolies yesterday buying some bananas because the price had dropped to $8.90 a kg, and an Australian lady was also buying some and said 'thank god the price of bananas has fallen at last' I then said 'you don't want to know how much they are where I come from in England' She asked how much and I said about a dollar sixty. She actually called me a liar and said how can they be that cheap they don't even grow them.

To me it's like they are all in some kind of denial, which I can understand as they are fed the Oz is best Oz is great all the time and most of them have never left the country. What gets my goat the most isn't the Australians that deny it but the expats or soon to be expats that deny it with rubbish like 'you just need to shop around or go to the markets etc' Fine if you are a lazy good for nothing that doesn't work and has all the time in the world to spend all day searching for who does the cheapest bananas. Give me Tesco anyday.

You then get expat drivel like 'Ah but the fruit, veg and meat is just sooo much beter quality so it's doesn't mater how much it costs, TOSH, it's not better, I find it nowhere near as good, Give me an irradiated fruit anyday rather than one coles has had in a freezer for a year and then once you take it home you have 12 hours to eat it before it shrivels and turns ot mouldy mush.

THEN you get the next load of expat nonsense like, 'Ah but at least they don't use chemicals etc when they grow them here, all nice and fresh etc.. RUBISH, there are SO many parasites and disieses here and the climate is just perfect for breading most nasties that if farmers don't use chemicals then they won't get much of a harvest.
Oh don't get me started too (don't want blood pressure like yours ). Did you read the thread yesterday about how Australian fruit and veg is expensive because you are paying the price for ethical practices whereas in the UK, it's dirt cheap because chains like Tesco are operating exploitation regimes. Yet, funnily enough, no mention of the fact that Oz fruit prices have gone up by 37% in the last year but prices paid to farmers have only gone up by 2% (or the fact that climate/disease issues might contribute towards supply/demand imbalance).
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Yes you did. I get fed up with generalisations about people who don't go to work, as in a paid place of employment.
HI,
I agree with you for once, Some people like myself choose to stay at home.
I could work which i have done and would again if needed.
I have a trade and i do some work here and there.

I am just lucky that i do not get forced or have to work.

Most people have said when my little one went to school in september "when are you going to look for a job"
Drives me mad!!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Oh don't get me started too (don't want blood pressure like yours ). Did you read the thread yesterday about how Australian fruit and veg is expensive because you are paying the price for ethical practices whereas in the UK, it's dirt cheap because chains like Tesco are operating exploitation regimes. Yet, funnily enough, no mention of the fact that Oz fruit prices have gone up by 37% in the last year but prices paid to farmers have only gone up by 2% (or the fact that climate/disease issues might contribute towards supply/demand imbalance).
I read this and went off on one.Honestly talk about being brainwashed.I suppose it keeps the population in it's place though.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
HI,
I agree with you for once, Some people like myself choose to stay at home.
I could work which i have done and would again if needed.
I have a trade and i do some work here and there.

I am just lucky that i do not get forced or have to work.

Most people have said when my little one went to school in september "when are you going to look for a job"
Drives me mad!!!!!
Things haven't changed much then.My youngest is 17 now but I would be asked the question regarding work all the time and I had 3 under5years! Going to work was always easier than saying at home.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Things haven't changed much then.My youngest is 17 now but I would be asked the question regarding work all the time and I had 3 under5years! Going to work was always easier than saying at home.
Thing is my mum always worked.
However other people my mums age never worked no one says nothing to them.

Thing is ever since people wanted equal rights everyone now always says "when you going to get a job" :scared:
Even my hubby tells people well she does not have to work. i am not the greatest at domestic bliss i just like the house tidy to be at home when the kids come home, and people treat me like a weirdo.

Nowadays everyone expects you to work and i honestly dont see why you have to.

My sisters hubby has left her after seeing another woman she has been on her own 3 months and moved back to the uk and already people are "when you going to work"
I keep saying to her sod it ignore them go back when you are ready. Just get yourself sorted and make sure your daughters settled.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:23 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Ethical practices, hmm I guess we're not talking about wheat then? or Telstra, or oil in East Timor, or GM foods by stealth, or petrol price carteling?

Australian business is about as ethical as selling cut price condoms to Catholic priests
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I know what you mean,it's hard when you hardly have time to scratch yourself.I do get the junk mail and look for the specials.I don't have small children anymore and I don't work outside the home except volunteer stuff when I can.So I am in a postion to shop around.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FPM
Ethical practices, hmm I guess we're not talking about wheat then? or Telstra, or oil in East Timor, or GM foods by stealth, or petrol price carteling?

Australian business is about as ethical as selling cut price condoms to Catholic priests
I have been had by so many business that ethics don't evencome into it.When I have written to the company in question I have never recived a reply!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:36 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

I have been had by so many business that ethics don't evencome into it.When I have written to the company in question I have never recived a reply!

They don't reply because they don't have a Customer Complaint department. Who could complain when you're living in Godzone and the country run by myriad genii and everthing is cheapest in the world, and the best.

You sound like a whinger to me.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM

Completely ethical - all farm workers are paid an honest wage, and protected by workplace laws, OHS, etc.

(So no illegal migrant labour, or transient local workforce not declaring income, doing the job on the cheap, cash-in-hand, with no employee rights; no farmers being stiffed by the big buyers..... )

I just don't understand why people buy into this bull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.