Why do they bother?

Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:07 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by TopCat3
I think it's just their need to create history where none really exists. They have so much to do to catch up with England.

Run for covaaaahhhh!!! :scared:

Run for cover nay laddy stand and fight and make history be history write history
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:14 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
its dangerous territory the australia side ,you got a different opinion on anything from the aus is great ,aus is beaut ,blah blah blah ,they get the hump .
Its boring boring boring boring boring .
Have you noticed the word POM there ,in that context it is a put down and thus i advocate VASH should be banned for insulting another member ,but will the moderators ban him ,will they heck .
What stuns me the most is those that defend the place to the hilt and they are not even here yet!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:33 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
What stuns me the most is those that defend the place to the hilt and they are not even here yet!!!!!!!!
thats easy ,they have to defend their desision if they accept that the place isn't perfect they they have to accept that they have made a mistake and wasted a load of money .just been on tesco and asda sites and the moron who tries to tell me it's cheaper in OZ again i'm gonna .........don't make me use capitals
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:45 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

a fair few that that are posting on the godzone side will be eating their words once they get here .Its not everyones cup of tea and the pom jokes and snide remarks start to wear a bit thin after a few years .
There isnt anything fundamentally wrong with australia and we knew when we migrated that it was going to be atotally different way of life ,but what i have aproblem with is as mentioned and that is it is the best place in the world ,well as far as im concerned its bullshit ,i actually prefered it when i was living in germany and holland .
I suppose the old saying ''dont judge a man untill you have walked a mile in his shoes '' comes to mind ,the people who have settled here and love it thats great but for those here that feel out of place its a nightmare and it doesnt matter how much the sun shines it wont ever feel like home ,and for a good percentage who are posting in the godzone section who are yet to arrive ,i hope for their sake they settle because if they dont its a living hell .
For me its not easy to go home as my children are aussies in all but birth ,my eldest served in the australian army and i have employed aussies ,english ,scots ,irish etc and run a relativly succesful business and pay huge amounts of tax into this country and i have australian nationalty ,so i feel i have probably donated the best part of my life career wise and health wise to australia ,i have done all i can to try and settle and yet why do i get pissed off when i here the odd snide remark like i heard in northbridge to other night ,which was ''why dont you f**k off back to pommie land you ****** and all this because i refused to ingratiate my self to some bloke who said australia are the best in the world at cricket ,all i said to him was ''its only a game mate ''.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:58 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toandfro
thats easy ,they have to defend their desision if they accept that the place isn't perfect they they have to accept that they have made a mistake and wasted a load of money .just been on tesco and asda sites and the moron who tries to tell me it's cheaper in OZ again i'm gonna .........don't make me use capitals
I was in woolies yesterday buying some bananas because the price had dropped to $8.90 a kg, and an Australian lady was also buying some and said 'thank god the price of bananas has fallen at last' I then said 'you don't want to know how much they are where I come from in England' She asked how much and I said about a dollar sixty. She actually called me a liar and said how can they be that cheap they don't even grow them.

To me it's like they are all in some kind of denial, which I can understand as they are fed the Oz is best Oz is great all the time and most of them have never left the country. What gets my goat the most isn't the Australians that deny it but the expats or soon to be expats that deny it with rubbish like 'you just need to shop around or go to the markets etc' Fine if you are a lazy good for nothing that doesn't work and has all the time in the world to spend all day searching for who does the cheapest bananas. Give me Tesco anyday.

You then get expat drivel like 'Ah but the fruit, veg and meat is just sooo much beter quality so it's doesn't mater how much it costs, TOSH, it's not better, I find it nowhere near as good, Give me an irradiated fruit anyday rather than one coles has had in a freezer for a year and then once you take it home you have 12 hours to eat it before it shrivels and turns ot mouldy mush.

THEN you get the next load of expat nonsense like, 'Ah but at least they don't use chemicals etc when they grow them here, all nice and fresh etc.. RUBISH, there are SO many parasites and disieses here and the climate is just perfect for breading most nasties that if farmers don't use chemicals then they won't get much of a harvest.

So to all the expat wannabees and those deluded ones that made it here and now need to justify the mistake carry on in cloud cookoo land and make like the native ostrich and bury your heads on the sand.

Rant over, (Caused by a painfull day yesterday trying to get new runners for the patio door!)
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:16 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Ditto, in the last few years. I've been here 20 years and I don't remember it being this bad before. Wonder if it's anything to do with our PM/Gov't constantly banging on about mateship and this word "unAustralian" that keeps popping up, which started, I believe, in Canberra? I used to love it here, now I am really, really, over it. They create this situation then they insult us for feeling bad about it.

Why do they say 'unAustralian' like it's a bad thing?

I enjoyed my first few years here very much, but like water dripping on a rock, what seems seems like a harmless few drops eventually changes the shape of who you are without always realising it. With every trip home I'm remonded of who I am, where I come from and what I used to be like and beautiful the landscape and culture is that shaped this 'rock' in the first place.

I'd like to be that person again, not some shape invented by a non existant culture and a forced sense of identity
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:19 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I was in woolies yesterday buying some bananas because the price had dropped to $8.90 a kg, and an Australian lady was also buying some and said 'thank god the price of bananas has fallen at last' I then said 'you don't want to know how much they are where I come from in England' She asked how much and I said about a dollar sixty. She actually called me a liar and said how can they be that cheap they don't even grow them.

To me it's like they are all in some kind of denial, which I can understand as they are fed the Oz is best Oz is great all the time and most of them have never left the country. What gets my goat the most isn't the Australians that deny it but the expats or soon to be expats that deny it with rubbish like 'you just need to shop around or go to the markets etc' Fine if you are a lazy good for nothing that doesn't work and has all the time in the world to spend all day searching for who does the cheapest bananas. Give me Tesco anyday.

You then get expat drivel like 'Ah but the fruit, veg and meat is just sooo much beter quality so it's doesn't mater how much it costs, TOSH, it's not better, I find it nowhere near as good, Give me an irradiated fruit anyday rather than one coles has had in a freezer for a year and then once you take it home you have 12 hours to eat it before it shrivels and turns ot mouldy mush.

THEN you get the next load of expat nonsense like, 'Ah but at least they don't use chemicals etc when they grow them here, all nice and fresh etc.. RUBISH, there are SO many parasites and disieses here and the climate is just perfect for breading most nasties that if farmers don't use chemicals then they won't get much of a harvest.

So to all the expat wannabees and those deluded ones that made it here and now need to justify the mistake carry on in cloud cookoo land and make like the native ostrich and bury your heads on the sand.

Rant over, (Caused by a painfull day yesterday trying to get new runners for the patio door!)
Its quite insulting to say that those that don't work are lazy good for nothings. What about those women chosing to stay home and bring up their kids, I can assure you they are not lazy.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Yes it's amazing isn't it?theirs one guy in Birmingham that posts and he's already a godzone hope he comes a cropper,he has a go at anyone that doesn't agree with him!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by northernbird
Its quite insulting to say that those that don't work are lazy good for nothings. What about those women chosing to stay home and bring up their kids, I can assure you they are not lazy.
Don't think Arkon ment stay at home mums you seem to have taken it out of context.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:32 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Don't think Arkon ment stay at home mums you seem to have taken it out of context.
if you say so.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't understand the expat wanna bees either. Some come out with such rubbish and thats the ones that don't even live here.We have a friend staying here from the uk hes been here 2 days and it took a click of the fingers for hime to see what we see and I never said a word.He loves the uk though warts and all. Hope your pain is over and the patio doors work.

Last edited by by the sea side; Nov 29th 2006 at 10:36 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:35 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Some people assume so much don't they? They assume that it's a better way of life without even visiting the place or maybe just visiting on a holiday. Some people can't accept that it's not a paradise here. I've got my parents here at the minute and all they can see is lovely weather, relaxed atmosphere, nice beaches etc. etc. They continually rubbish the UK, but most of the stuff they complain about happens here too - they just don't see it because they don't live here.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:42 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Yes it's amazing isn't it?theirs one guy in Birmingham that posts and he's already a godzone hope he comes a cropper,he has a go at anyone that doesn't agree with him!
I've noticed that too - funny how some people are very keen to tell you how great it is here when they have never lived here. Can't people understand that we have lived in both countries so can compare. While it's great for some, it's not so good for others, no matter how hard you work at it.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sassenach
a fair few that that are posting on the godzone side will be eating their words once they get here .Its not everyones cup of tea and the pom jokes and snide remarks start to wear a bit thin after a few years .
There isnt anything fundamentally wrong with australia and we knew when we migrated that it was going to be atotally different way of life ,but what i have aproblem with is as mentioned and that is it is the best place in the world ,well as far as im concerned its bullshit ,i actually prefered it when i was living in germany and holland .
I suppose the old saying ''dont judge a man untill you have walked a mile in his shoes '' comes to mind ,the people who have settled here and love it thats great but for those here that feel out of place its a nightmare and it doesnt matter how much the sun shines it wont ever feel like home ,and for a good percentage who are posting in the godzone section who are yet to arrive ,i hope for their sake they settle because if they dont its a living hell .
For me its not easy to go home as my children are aussies in all but birth ,my eldest served in the australian army and i have employed aussies ,english ,scots ,irish etc and run a relativly succesful business and pay huge amounts of tax into this country and i have australian nationalty ,so i feel i have probably donated the best part of my life career wise and health wise to australia ,i have done all i can to try and settle and yet why do i get pissed off when i here the odd snide remark like i heard in northbridge to other night ,which was ''why dont you f**k off back to pommie land you ****** and all this because i refused to ingratiate my self to some bloke who said australia are the best in the world at cricket ,all i said to him was ''its only a game mate ''.
He was looking for a pat on the head.You didn't give him one hence his rant aahh poor thing he felt insecure.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LouiseD
I've noticed that too - funny how some people are very keen to tell you how great it is here when they have never lived here. Can't people understand that we have lived in both countries so can compare. While it's great for some, it's not so good for others, no matter how hard you work at it.
I am always amazed at this. I was speaking to a friend in the uk who was going on about some polish workers at the pubs and the airport and starting going on about getting her children (they are all grown up) to come to oz.I nearly had a fit ,I know her family there is noway they would take to it here and I told her some of the basics,health care etc.She just didn't know she thought it was the land of milk and honey because of the oz ads on tv!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.