Where to live in the UK?

Old Aug 23rd 2022, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in the UK?

Originally Posted by Helen1964
I ask myself the same question. Are people getting thicker or am I just getting grumpier?

What are your own plans for retirement Moses? Will you stay put in the west of Ireland?
Maybe it's a bit of both. The world is changing so fast, it's really hard to plan ahead now and I have no idea where I'd retire. If I had the money, I would probably pick County Cork somewhere closer to the ferry so I could split time between Ireland and Spain (as long as I'm able to drive). Right now I wouldn't mind a place overlooking Lough Derg, but prices increasing all the time, or somewhere closer to the ocean away from the crowds. You can't win and when you're alone you want people and when they appear you wish them away.

Last edited by Moses2013; Aug 23rd 2022 at 9:08 am.
Old Aug 25th 2022, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in the UK?

Originally Posted by Helen1964
I ask myself the same question. Are people getting thicker or am I just getting grumpier?

What are your own plans for retirement Moses? Will you stay put in the west of Ireland?
I had a few days off and was very close to the UK yesterday. Drove to Blackrock Co. Louth and was a lovely day, area seemed to be very popular with pensioners and families. In the distance behind those hills you are in Northern Ireland.