Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Where is left in the UK thats nice to live

Where is left in the UK thats nice to live

Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice
Default Where is left in the UK thats nice to live

Just wondering if I have to come back to the UK is there anywhere left thats nice to live?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:06 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Where is left in the UK thats nice to live

Originally Posted by sue1964
Just wondering if I have to come back to the UK is there anywhere left thats nice to live?
Of course there is. Heaps of places. Get googling.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

Everywhere looks nice on goggle ideas would be good!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:29 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Everywhere looks nice on goggle ideas would be good!
Where did you live before?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Where did you live before?
I seem to recall G that she is from my neck of the woods, lancaster morecambe way. Unless you are loaded and want to live in the lakes all the nice areas surrounding where I come from are gone. nice countryside but that is about it.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:00 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I seem to recall G that she is from my neck of the woods, lancaster morecambe way. Unless you are loaded and want to live in the lakes all the nice areas surrounding where I come from are gone. nice countryside but that is about it.
It was a slightly open ended question wasn't it. Oh well, I suppose one persons idea of nice might not be another's, so difficult to answer.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
It was a slightly open ended question wasn't it. Oh well, I suppose one persons idea of nice might not be another's, so difficult to answer.
It is a bit really. I grew up in a small, close knit village. Everyone knew everyone, doors left open etc etc. My Gran would know I was walking down to visit before I even got there because of the village jungle drums. Sadly as the older generation have died off there isn't the sense of community there once was, sadly indicative of a lot of places in the UK nowadays.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:09 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by northernbird
It is a bit really. I grew up in a small, close knit village. Everyone knew everyone, doors left open etc etc. My Gran would know I was walking down to visit before I even got there because of the village jungle drums. Sadly as the older generation have died off there isn't the sense of community there once was, sadly indicative of a lot of places in the UK nowadays.
Alot of places everywhere I'm afraid C.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Yes Northernbird from Morecambe but no way would I go back there.
Just having a down moment as freinds returning.First thought I think in 9 years when I have thought of returning.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

Just having a down moment as freinds returning.First thought I think in 9 years when I have thought of returning.
Sorry you are having a bad time. I am from Warton and my husband is from Carnforth so I can understand you not wanting to return to the area.

Hope things pick up for you.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:38 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

There are nice places to live in the UK but are they:

a. Places that anyone can afford any more?
b. Places that there is any work?
c. Places that you have any connection to?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If I had a magic wand and could go home tomorrow I think I would head for Devon or Cornwall or possibly Somerset/Dorset. Failing that then North Yorkshire/The Lakes or The Highlands of Scotland. I love Cambridgeshire and would happily go back to the village I started in but I think I would like to try somewhere else for a while.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of

South Wales, lovely people, lovely countryside and beaches.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:12 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busterboy
There are nice places to live in the UK but are they:

a. Places that anyone can afford any more?
b. Places that there is any work?
c. Places that you have any connection to?
Excellent questions to ponder. If we could have answered yes to all three, we'd have tried before we returned to Sydney (though affordability here is no better, weather was the trump card). Point c. is especially important I think. I think this was a big reason why we found life so hard on the south coast. Weather was marginally better, and there was little crime where we lived, but we had no friends nearby! It just takes so long to develop those. I think returnees are well advised to return to somewhere that they have a network of sorts, family or friends or both. And it helps if they are very close, not 30 mins drive away.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:16 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quoll
If I had a magic wand and could go home tomorrow I think I would head for Devon or Cornwall or possibly Somerset/Dorset. Failing that then North Yorkshire/The Lakes or The Highlands of Scotland. I love Cambridgeshire and would happily go back to the village I started in but I think I would like to try somewhere else for a while.
All great recommendations if you can find work nearby (and don't mind the weather of the Highlands, Lakes, and North Yorks! ).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.