What would you do?

Old May 1st 2009, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do?

We have been married for 22 years this month and have spent probably 5 or 6 years apart all together. As long as you are able to communicate daily and visit occasionally, you should be able to get through it fine.

I don't enjoy the separations too much, especially the long ones, but it really is fun to anticipate his coming home and then for us to catch up on all that missed time He is due home from his latest trip in about 15 days and I can't wait! (4 months this time)
Old May 1st 2009, 10:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it.

Money will be handy, getting US work experience on the resume is always handy and it's hardly a couple of months so no time at all. Might be different if you had kids, but if you don't you'd be daft not to take the opportunity.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
Many people who post here, myself included, have had long distance relationships for months, if not years. Depends how much you want to do the job, how much you value the extra money, and how your husband feels about the separation. It can be done - if you both want to make it work, it can work.
Agree. Try being apart for 5+ years!
Old May 2nd 2009, 2:27 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
Many people who post here, myself included, have had long distance relationships for months, if not years. Depends how much you want to do the job, how much you value the extra money, and how your husband feels about the separation. It can be done - if you both want to make it work, it can work.
Yup, you do what you have to do.
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:54 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Take the job. I worked as a camp counselor for 4 years . My friend met her husband at camp as well.She is American. He is from the UK . They lived in the states for a few years but then moved to the UK about 15 years ago. She now goes back to work as the camp nurse and her kids are campers. I was acounselor from 85-88 and I'm still friend s with several counselors from the UK and the US. Work is scarce . I swould go for it!
Old May 2nd 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

Go ahead and take the job, you've been married for a couple of months now and i'm sure hubby could use a break
Old May 2nd 2009, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Wish I could get 9 weeks of peace and quiet ...
Take my wife.......please
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:07 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivit
Take my wife.......please
you'll have to change your name to Henny,
Old May 3rd 2009, 3:44 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

Take the job, I have had many separations from my husband (married 11 yrs almost) the first few where easier, that may sound funny but although you are in that first flush of love and lust, you aren't used to them being around, I had to spend 8 weeks away from hubby and kids this year and it was awful, yet years ago we went months without seeing each other, if you can afford it, buy a laptop or enquire at the camp if they have computers that do Skype, it really meant alot to me to see my family when away and better still free, and you can contact you UK family this way too, bonus!
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

I appreciate all of the replies, thank you very much.

If anyone is looking to have a spousal break for a few weeks I can enquire with my employer...! lol.
Old May 5th 2009, 1:47 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

In this economy? Take it!!